3-Minute Fundamentals: Option Selects

  • 71 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for c1337us
#51 Posted by c1337us (5877 posts) -
@Stang said:
" Will you have my baby? "
Thats a lovely way of putting it.
Avatar image for napalm
#52 Posted by Napalm (9230 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" @Scooper said:
" Wow. Just read all that shit and Mihai, no matter how long he's been in the 'scene' or whatever is a nasty fucker and pretty ignorant or in denial saying that no one who's top tourney level uses this "fancy shit" when it's blatentaly obvious they do all the time. He keeps going on about how it's all about fundamentals and the top level players have both their fundamentals and "fancy shit" locked down. I think he holds himself in higher regard then he actualy is. It's like someone's told him for the first time what these things mean and he's like "Oh yeah!? Yeah! That shit. I don't use any of that. I mean what use is any of it" to cover up. "
I have to deal with this in RL. Hes an a good guy, this is the first time hes done this that i have seen. The worst part is that hes not trolling. he means it "
Well yeah, that's what makes it sad. People out there are actually that ignorant. "
He's got a point. Unless you're constantly doing this and working it into your game then you shouldn't really be teaching other people how to do it. First hand experience works wonders.
Avatar image for jeffsekai
#53 Posted by Jeffsekai (7159 posts) -
@Napalm: No one is saying hes wrong Napalm. Hes just being a dick.
Avatar image for napalm
#54 Posted by Napalm (9230 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @Napalm: No one is saying hes wrong Napalm. Hes just being a dick. "
Indeed. He did come off as elitist. I mean, I think Ultima's video is good for just introducing people to that technique and showing people what it is, but I think somebody who's looking to "learn to use" so to speak, shouldn't follow that. See, it was fine for me because I didn't know what that was and I'll probably never use it.
Avatar image for lordofultima
#55 Posted by lordofultima (6582 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" @Scooper said:
" Wow. Just read all that shit and Mihai, no matter how long he's been in the 'scene' or whatever is a nasty fucker and pretty ignorant or in denial saying that no one who's top tourney level uses this "fancy shit" when it's blatentaly obvious they do all the time. He keeps going on about how it's all about fundamentals and the top level players have both their fundamentals and "fancy shit" locked down. I think he holds himself in higher regard then he actualy is. It's like someone's told him for the first time what these things mean and he's like "Oh yeah!? Yeah! That shit. I don't use any of that. I mean what use is any of it" to cover up. "
I have to deal with this in RL. Hes an a good guy, this is the first time hes done this that i have seen. The worst part is that hes not trolling. he means it "
Well yeah, that's what makes it sad. People out there are actually that ignorant. "
He's got a point. Unless you're constantly doing this and working it into your game then you shouldn't really be teaching other people how to do it. First hand experience works wonders. "
But he's wrong, since there isn't anything that I make a tutorial on that I don't use. Snicker please.
Avatar image for stang
#56 Posted by Stang (4755 posts) -

I was just playing Darth Arma and he was trying to teach me about a jump in option select against Akuma for when Akuma wake's up and teleports. He said to input tatsu when after jumping in with a roundhouse, if the roundhouse hits then the tatsu won't come out, but if Akuma teleports then the tatsu comes out. 
 
Is there special timing to this? The few times I tried, the tatsu came out when the jumping roundhouse hit.

Avatar image for scooper
#57 Posted by Scooper (7920 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @Napalm said:
" @lordofultima said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" @Scooper said:
" Wow. Just read all that shit and Mihai, no matter how long he's been in the 'scene' or whatever is a nasty fucker and pretty ignorant or in denial saying that no one who's top tourney level uses this "fancy shit" when it's blatentaly obvious they do all the time. He keeps going on about how it's all about fundamentals and the top level players have both their fundamentals and "fancy shit" locked down. I think he holds himself in higher regard then he actualy is. It's like someone's told him for the first time what these things mean and he's like "Oh yeah!? Yeah! That shit. I don't use any of that. I mean what use is any of it" to cover up. "
I have to deal with this in RL. Hes an a good guy, this is the first time hes done this that i have seen. The worst part is that hes not trolling. he means it "
Well yeah, that's what makes it sad. People out there are actually that ignorant. "
He's got a point. Unless you're constantly doing this and working it into your game then you shouldn't really be teaching other people how to do it. First hand experience works wonders. "
But he's wrong, since there isn't anything that I make a tutorial on that I don't use. Snicker please. "
Yeah but in this fight from 5 months ago you didn't use any of that stuff.........
Avatar image for demontium
#58 Posted by demontium (5084 posts) -
@Stang said:
" I was just playing Darth Arma and he was trying to teach me about a jump in option select against Akuma for when Akuma wake's up and teleports. He said to input tatsu when after jumping in with a roundhouse, if the roundhouse hits then the tatsu won't come out, but if Akuma teleports then the tatsu comes out.   Is there special timing to this? The few times I tried, the tatsu came out when the jumping roundhouse hit. "
Wow, if this is true I may play more ken.
Avatar image for jeffsekai
#59 Posted by Jeffsekai (7159 posts) -
@lordofultima: Man now I want a Snickers
Avatar image for scooper
#60 Posted by Scooper (7920 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @lordofultima: Man now I want a Snickers "
Are you telling me that before Ultima said that you didn't want a Snickers? If so what kind of life are you leading??
Avatar image for stang
#61 Posted by Stang (4755 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @Stang said:
" I was just playing Darth Arma and he was trying to teach me about a jump in option select against Akuma for when Akuma wake's up and teleports. He said to input tatsu when after jumping in with a roundhouse, if the roundhouse hits then the tatsu won't come out, but if Akuma teleports then the tatsu comes out.   Is there special timing to this? The few times I tried, the tatsu came out when the jumping roundhouse hit. "
Wow, if this is true I may play more ken. "
Haha this option select is not going to magically make you win more. Do yourself a favor and go with Ryu if you want a shoto, unless you are prepared to spend a lot of time with Ken, it ain't worth it.
Avatar image for lordofultima
#62 Posted by lordofultima (6582 posts) -
@Stang: Timed similarly to the uppercut one, West does it to me a lot. 
  
@Scooper: Who's arguing that? You can't claim to know my game based on a fight from 5 months ago against a player like JR. Players out of your league don't only make you look worse, but you physically play worse against better players. Mindfuck factor.
Avatar image for scooper
#63 Posted by Scooper (7920 posts) -
@lordofultima: Just jokes, duder.
Avatar image for lordofultima
#64 Edited by lordofultima (6582 posts) -
@Scooper: I figured as much, but it was a 50/50, so I wanted to cover my bases. NEXT TUTORIAL THREAD MIXUPS.
Avatar image for turbomonkey138
#65 Posted by turbomonkey138 (5280 posts) -
@Scooper: Is Dudley going to bee your new main on SSF4 . 
 
Also i managed to beat Cpt Panda's Bison yesterday ..took me 6 rounds but i won the seventh
Avatar image for demontium
#66 Posted by demontium (5084 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @demontium said:
" @Stang said:
" I was just playing Darth Arma and he was trying to teach me about a jump in option select against Akuma for when Akuma wake's up and teleports. He said to input tatsu when after jumping in with a roundhouse, if the roundhouse hits then the tatsu won't come out, but if Akuma teleports then the tatsu comes out.   Is there special timing to this? The few times I tried, the tatsu came out when the jumping roundhouse hit. "
Wow, if this is true I may play more ken. "
Haha this option select is not going to magically make you win more. Do yourself a favor and go with Ryu if you want a shoto, unless you are prepared to spend a lot of time with Ken, it ain't worth it. "
Haha, i know that, but I have played A LOT of ken before, and one of my wierdest and hardest match ups is akuma. 
 
Blanka > Ken btw
Avatar image for scooper
#67 Posted by Scooper (7920 posts) -
@turbomonkey138 said:
" @Scooper: Is Dudley going to bee your new main on SSF4 .   Also i managed to beat Cpt Panda's Bison yesterday ..took me 6 rounds but i won the seventh "
Well I never played 3S so I dunno how he plays but I'll certainly try him out. I'll try all the new characters before I even hop onto online. Right now though my plan is to jump strait into training mode the second I get the game and figure out some stuff with DeeJay as he's who I'm probably going to main since I really liked him in Turbo and HDR. Probably try some stuff with Rose and Seth to see how they've changed and see if I can figure out a few stratergies with Rose's Soul Satalites.
Avatar image for stang
#68 Posted by Stang (4755 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:
" @Scooper: Is Dudley going to bee your new main on SSF4 .   Also i managed to beat Cpt Panda's Bison yesterday ..took me 6 rounds but i won the seventh "
Well I never played 3S so I dunno how he plays but I'll certainly try him out. I'll try all the new characters before I even hop onto online. Right now though my plan is to jump strait into training mode the second I get the game and figure out some stuff with DeeJay as he's who I'm probably going to main since I really liked him in Turbo and HDR. Probably try some stuff with Rose and Seth to see how they've changed and see if I can figure out a few stratergies with Rose's Soul Satalites. "
Sounds about right, but for me I am going to try Ibuki, Dudley and Guy. I am not touching online until I have all the hard trials done either.
Avatar image for scooper
#69 Posted by Scooper (7920 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @Scooper said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:
" @Scooper: Is Dudley going to bee your new main on SSF4 .   Also i managed to beat Cpt Panda's Bison yesterday ..took me 6 rounds but i won the seventh "
Well I never played 3S so I dunno how he plays but I'll certainly try him out. I'll try all the new characters before I even hop onto online. Right now though my plan is to jump strait into training mode the second I get the game and figure out some stuff with DeeJay as he's who I'm probably going to main since I really liked him in Turbo and HDR. Probably try some stuff with Rose and Seth to see how they've changed and see if I can figure out a few stratergies with Rose's Soul Satalites. "
Sounds about right, but for me I am going to try Ibuki, Dudley and Guy. I am not touching online until I have all the hard trials done either. "
Oh yeah and that. There's bound to be some fucked up hard trial I can't do like in SFIV but I'll definantly do DeeJay's right away along with Ibuki's. She looks fun as hell to play and I like her air super.
Avatar image for lordofultima
#70 Edited by lordofultima (6582 posts) -

I'm torn on the new characters personally, I feel like there's going to be a healthy supply of all characters aside from T.Hawk, and lord knows I don't want to play him (love you though, T. Hawk). I generally like specialist characters, Cody and Guy seem to fit that the closest, I am still excited to play Dee Jay the most though (he's the only person I really enjoy in Super Turbo, aside from Fei). I can eliminate the females since I don't play women, Dudley looks awesome of course, but will be played by everyone.

Avatar image for scooper
#71 Posted by Scooper (7920 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" I'm torn on the new characters personally, I feel like there's going to be a healthy supply of all characters aside from T.Hawk, and lord knows I don't want to play him (love you though, T. Hawk). I generally like specialist characters, Cody and Guy seem to fit that the closest, I am still excited to play Dee Jay the most though (he's the only person I really enjoy in Super Turbo, aside from Fei).
Yeaaaahhhhhhhh Dee Jay! We know what's up.
 
@lordofultima said:
 I can eliminate the females since I don't play women "
That's racist.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.