Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Absolute Battle, Final Round, and Gen talk.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By SpecialBuddy

It is 4:00 Am on Saturday morning and I have yet to go to sleep even though I have a pretty busy day tomorrow. I'm listening to that hip hop that the kids be listening to and I really want a Philly Cheese Steak. Perfect time to make a blog about Street Fight don't you think? I would of made this a video blog if my web cam wasn't being gay.

Ive been thinking about my Street Fighter "career" a lot lately and have had some things going on or are going to happen that are pretty exciting. Mostly random thoughts about Super Street Fighter 4 and how I'm TOTALLY stocked and want it now. Lobbies+Me recording= WIN!

Thoughts about a tournament I have coming up in December in Dallas (Richerson to be exact) called Absolute Battle and thinking about how I can prepare for it so I'm playing at my best. Ive already noticed tons of flaws in my game and I'm trying to improve on it. I'm not sure what kind of player we have in North Texas seeing as Ive never played any really good ones. I am worried about the people that come up from Austin and Houston cause arcade players scare me. I'm not ready to walk into the tournament and the guy be like, "Ok your first match is against Four Wude" even though I did beat him in championship mode once pretty bad.  Ill try to get my cousins to record my matches cause they are coming to watch me play so expect that.

More importantly if you people dont already know that Final Round is coming up in March live from Atlanta, Georgia. Even though it is far away in date and in distance from were I'm at I still need to start preparing now. Travel arrangements, spending money, registration, and all that junk needs to be taken care of now so I'm not behind when the time comes. 

As of right now it will be Me, Gambit, LordofUltima, WestAB, and a guy from SRK, BlueGuile, are going as a group to Final Round. I'm already thinking of things to do so we can share with the site what Final Round is all about. Some ideas I have are:

• Streaming the practice session from a camera, not a recording devise, so you guys can hear us talking and what not.
    • Taking general footage from the event and most likely outside of the event.
    • I know that this most likely wont happen but I think a podcast of some sort would be cool. No clue how this would work though.

The problem that might come from Final Round is if SSF4 come outs more than 2 weeks before Final Round they are planning of replacing the old version with that one. So I'm worried that Ill be random out by some Juri player and that would piss me off. So I'm actually hoping if it does come out in Spring that it does it after Final Round.

Now the main topic, I'm having a tough time with Gen recently. I'm noticing that I cant win against some that Ive played more than once consistently. I'm having that thing were if the guy figures out how to fight Gen then I'm completely screwed because of Gen's limited options. Because of this I have decided if they don't really buff him in SSF4 that I will be quitting Gen and moving onto one of the new characters. Ill be keeping Gen as an alt but Ill be moving on when it comes to a main. I love Gen to death (no old man homo) but he just doesn't do it for me sometimes (again, no old man homo). He nnneeeedddss a better anti-air and he needs better zoning abilities. If they gave him that then Ill keep playing him. Hell! Ill keep playing him if they just make him better in general. Other than that Gen is still beast.

Well I'm done ranting. Its 4:30 am on the dot. GGPO people.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SpecialBuddy

It is 4:00 Am on Saturday morning and I have yet to go to sleep even though I have a pretty busy day tomorrow. I'm listening to that hip hop that the kids be listening to and I really want a Philly Cheese Steak. Perfect time to make a blog about Street Fight don't you think? I would of made this a video blog if my web cam wasn't being gay.

Ive been thinking about my Street Fighter "career" a lot lately and have had some things going on or are going to happen that are pretty exciting. Mostly random thoughts about Super Street Fighter 4 and how I'm TOTALLY stocked and want it now. Lobbies+Me recording= WIN!

Thoughts about a tournament I have coming up in December in Dallas (Richerson to be exact) called Absolute Battle and thinking about how I can prepare for it so I'm playing at my best. Ive already noticed tons of flaws in my game and I'm trying to improve on it. I'm not sure what kind of player we have in North Texas seeing as Ive never played any really good ones. I am worried about the people that come up from Austin and Houston cause arcade players scare me. I'm not ready to walk into the tournament and the guy be like, "Ok your first match is against Four Wude" even though I did beat him in championship mode once pretty bad.  Ill try to get my cousins to record my matches cause they are coming to watch me play so expect that.

More importantly if you people dont already know that Final Round is coming up in March live from Atlanta, Georgia. Even though it is far away in date and in distance from were I'm at I still need to start preparing now. Travel arrangements, spending money, registration, and all that junk needs to be taken care of now so I'm not behind when the time comes. 

As of right now it will be Me, Gambit, LordofUltima, WestAB, and a guy from SRK, BlueGuile, are going as a group to Final Round. I'm already thinking of things to do so we can share with the site what Final Round is all about. Some ideas I have are:

• Streaming the practice session from a camera, not a recording devise, so you guys can hear us talking and what not.
    • Taking general footage from the event and most likely outside of the event.
    • I know that this most likely wont happen but I think a podcast of some sort would be cool. No clue how this would work though.

The problem that might come from Final Round is if SSF4 come outs more than 2 weeks before Final Round they are planning of replacing the old version with that one. So I'm worried that Ill be random out by some Juri player and that would piss me off. So I'm actually hoping if it does come out in Spring that it does it after Final Round.

Now the main topic, I'm having a tough time with Gen recently. I'm noticing that I cant win against some that Ive played more than once consistently. I'm having that thing were if the guy figures out how to fight Gen then I'm completely screwed because of Gen's limited options. Because of this I have decided if they don't really buff him in SSF4 that I will be quitting Gen and moving onto one of the new characters. Ill be keeping Gen as an alt but Ill be moving on when it comes to a main. I love Gen to death (no old man homo) but he just doesn't do it for me sometimes (again, no old man homo). He nnneeeedddss a better anti-air and he needs better zoning abilities. If they gave him that then Ill keep playing him. Hell! Ill keep playing him if they just make him better in general. Other than that Gen is still beast.

Well I'm done ranting. Its 4:30 am on the dot. GGPO people.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By lordofultima

Sounds like you're really thinking ahead for Final Round, good stuff. All I'm thinking about is getting together extra money whenever I can and just putting it away so I can fly/bus to Alabama. Bus'ing it is always cheap so that may be the route I'm taking, but we can definitely figure out a podcast thing maybe, even if we're just handing around a mic or something. I will bring my camcorder.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @lordofultima said:
    " Sounds like you're really thinking ahead for Final Round, good stuff. All I'm thinking about is getting together extra money whenever I can and just putting it away so I can fly/bus to Alabama. Bus'ing it is always cheap so that may be the route I'm taking, but we can definitely figure out a podcast thing maybe, even if we're just handing around a mic or something. I will bring my camcorder. "
    Damn straight you will bring your camcorder. Cause I certainly don't have one. Anyways ya, I was thinking of taking the bus also but with my college scheduale I dont think I will be able to skip that many classes to take a bus. Im thinking Ill just flying being as I will get there in a day instead of, I think, 4 days by bus.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Stang

Don't give up on Gen, I demand it. Think about how good you will be by the time Evo rolls around next year. I have the same feeling about Ken though, sometimes I just want to move to Ryu, or *gasp* Sagat because it would make things so much easier for me. Winning with them is extremely unsatisfying to me sadly.

You have the skills, now stop bitching and whoop some ass!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By napalm

Lucky for you folks, I happen to live in a suburb of Atlanta, Georgia. Like I mentioned in the other thread, I'm definitely down to go, but since I'm soon graduating from college and just after the New Year is when I'll be the busiest, I'm not 100% sure if I'll be open to actually go.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lordofultima
    @SpecialBuddy: I dunno about that, I got from Michigan to Texas on greyhound (with like two bus transfers) in 26 hours.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @lordofultima: Well thats good to know. I might just fly still. Its all depending on my schedule in March.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By End_Boss
    @Stang said:
    " Don't give up on Gen, I demand it. Think about how good you will be by the time Evo rolls around next year. I have the same feeling about Ken though, sometimes I just want to move to Ryu, or *gasp* Sagat because it would make things so much easier for me. Winning with them is extremely unsatisfying to me sadly.  You have the skills, now stop bitching and whoop some ass! "
    Don't move on to Sagat.

Don't do it. Your family loves you.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Stang
    @End_Boss: 
    Ha! No, I am Ken player for life. I will undoubtedly stick with him in SSFIV, and hopefully find one of the new cast members enjoyable. 

If I am facing a really good Rog I will switch to Ryu or Sagat though. I feel like a dirty whore when I use Sagat.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By End_Boss
    @Stang said:
    "I feel like a dirty whore when I use Sagat. "
    If only the rest of the SFIV player base had your scruples.
    Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

I watched a guy auction off his philosophy books for 8 hours last night (and I totally bought one!). I would totally watch you guys play SF for a few hours.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lordofultima

Expect mad trash talk and bitching about Gen when that time rolls around, I can't wait to prove to the world that I suck at this game!

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @lordofultima said:
    " Expect mad trash talk and bitching about Gen when that time rolls around, I can't wait to prove to the world that I suck at this game! "
    Just ask WestAB how to fight Gen. Once he finally caught on to Gen's weaknesses I cant win.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Thrawn1

I might be going to absolute battle as well. Somebody needs to rep Honda. I have no intentions of even winning a single match, I just want to be there to watch all the great players.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lordofultima
    @SpecialBuddy: West is like fine-tuned machine, I swear he literally seems on point 99% of the time. Fuck that guy.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @lordofultima said:
    " @SpecialBuddy: West is like fine-tuned machine, I swear he literally seems on point 99% of the time. Fuck that guy. "
    Amen.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Plasma
    @SpecialBuddy: Doesn't the fact that West is a pad player make you feel like you should be better than him? :P 

Whenever I beat my friends with a fightpad, they're all like "but, but im using a stick like a pro! how can I lose!?"
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima said:
    " @SpecialBuddy: West is like fine-tuned machine, I swear he literally seems on point 99% of the time. Fuck that guy. "
    Sigh, another guy I need to get some rounds in with :/
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Plasma said:
    " @SpecialBuddy: Doesn't the fact that West is a pad player make you feel like you should be better than him? :P  Whenever I beat my friends with a fightpad, they're all like "but, but im using a stick like a pro! how can I lose!?" "
    No you have it all wrong. West doesnt use a fightpad. He uses a FUCKING 360 PAD!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.