Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Arcade SFIV running on Xbox 360?!

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I barely have any arcades to go to or bother to find in the Sacramento area. Me, my dad, and my sister went to San Francisco to pick up my mom yesterday at SFO but we had time to waste at downtown SF. I went to the Metreon to waste my time playing some stuff at the PlayStation Store but apparently I mussed have missed the memo that anything Sony will disappear there.

It was a bummer that I couldn't try Unchrated 2 or whatever but luckily the arcade in the 2nd floor was still there. I wasted 3 bucks on a little on Tekken 6 and mostly Street Fighter IV. I noticed a timer which was very odd for an arcade game but soon as I put my tokens in there, it had a start menu which further questioned my thoughts on what the hell is up with this machine. I noticed the menu and then checked the enter and cancel buttons. They were fucking A and B buttons for the 360! You can quit the game if you want in the pause menu!

Instead of a built in machine that has Street Fighter IV programmed or whatever, it's the Street Fighter IV disc inside an Xbox 360. I believe this was just stock SFIV without any downloads. Benefit to this is that there is no additional tokens to have another dude play, just enough tokens for the timer (one token = 2 minutes). After my timer was over, it automatically (or so) went back to the dashboard and booted up the game once again.

I wish I had photos to prove it but I forgot. Is this common in other arcades to have SFIV on an arcade cabinet yet it's the Xbox 360 version or this is an exception?

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

that's just... really weird. 

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jeffsekai

I've never heard of that.

newmarcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By newmarcom

That tech is indeed rare to see nowadays. I bet they are modified Dreamcast jamma boards reprogrammed to use Xbox inputs. Arcade owners back then didn't want to shell out for Naomi-based machines so they hacked together dreamcasts to do the same thing since the games were identical ports.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By StaticFalconar

Interesting, but I highly doubt there isn't any arcades in the Sac area when UC Davis is nearby

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.