Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

button config will not save

cowgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cowgod

so i just got street fighter iv for the pc.  i setup my button config perfectly this morning, leave for work, come home ready to play and find that my button config is not saved.  i set it up again and play for a bit, then quit.  later i come back and, again, the button config is reset.  how in the hell do i save it?

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By demontium
    @cowgod said:
    " so i just got street fighter iv for the pc.  i setup my button config perfectly this morning, leave for work, come home ready to play and find that my button config is not saved.  i set it up again and play for a bit, then quit.  later i come back and, again, the button config is reset.  how in the hell do i save it? "
    it.... it should.
    jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jaycee13

Could it be that you are exiting the game by alt+f4 or something similar?

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By lordofultima

Make sure you back out all the way to the main menu before turning off the game. Perhaps even backing ALL THE WAY OUT, and selecting quit on the screen. Don't X it out.

cowgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cowgod

i do...  i haven't used alt+f4 or otherwise ended the game process.  i'm backing all the way out to the title screen and pressing "quit."  i found a workaround that seems to work, but it's not exactly intuitive...

i went into the game and noted what buttons were mapped to which default actions.  then i went into the "Controller Setup" option on the main screen before the game launches and reconfigured the buttons there.  these do save and everything is peachy.  still, not exactly what i would call a good first impression.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By lordofultima
    @cowgod said:
    " i do...  i haven't used alt+f4 or otherwise ended the game process.  i'm backing all the way out to the title screen and pressing "quit."  i found a workaround that seems to work, but it's not exactly intuitive...  i went into the game and noted what buttons were mapped to which default actions.  then i went into the "Controller Setup" option on the main screen before the game launches and reconfigured the buttons there.  these do save and everything is peachy.  still, not exactly what i would call a good first impression. "
    Lol, I was assuming that's what you did. Of course configuring buttons while in the game mode isn't going to save.
    stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By stephengotlost

Are you signed in to a profile?

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By demontium
    @cowgod said:
    " i do...  i haven't used alt+f4 or otherwise ended the game process.  i'm backing all the way out to the title screen and pressing "quit."  i found a workaround that seems to work, but it's not exactly intuitive...  i went into the game and noted what buttons were mapped to which default actions.  then i went into the "Controller Setup" option on the main screen before the game launches and reconfigured the buttons there.  these do save and everything is peachy.  still, not exactly what i would call a good first impression. "
    the game is good, trust me. 

also you should have waited for super.
    cowgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cowgod
    @lordofultima said:
    Of course configuring buttons while in the game mode isn't going to save. "
    why?  that's what i would expect to happen.  that's how it works in every pc game i've played.  this is not intuitive at all.
    cowgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cowgod
    @demontium said:
    you should have waited for super. "
    it was a free download that my friend gave me when he purchased a new video card.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.