Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Double Feature Weirdness

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By SpecialBuddy

I had some matches against both Jakob187 and Imperious Rix recently and they turned out much more than just another set of matches. My inexperience in fighting Vega, me trying my darnest to learn C. Viper, and some unexplained lag spikes made for some interesting situations. Also almost all of my video recorded with Jakob187 was messed up due to audio problems. Never the less this is the result.

BONUS!!!1!!:

Now i also had some matches with LordofUltima but due to the lag spikes mentioned above we both came to the conclution that we would need to rerecord the matches when the lag was fixed (which im still working on it) but we did have a mindblowingly strange Vega mirror match that I just had to post. You can find the strange parts im talking about yourselfs that includes Ultima's inablility to block wall attacks when in the corner.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SpecialBuddy

I had some matches against both Jakob187 and Imperious Rix recently and they turned out much more than just another set of matches. My inexperience in fighting Vega, me trying my darnest to learn C. Viper, and some unexplained lag spikes made for some interesting situations. Also almost all of my video recorded with Jakob187 was messed up due to audio problems. Never the less this is the result.

BONUS!!!1!!:

Now i also had some matches with LordofUltima but due to the lag spikes mentioned above we both came to the conclution that we would need to rerecord the matches when the lag was fixed (which im still working on it) but we did have a mindblowingly strange Vega mirror match that I just had to post. You can find the strange parts im talking about yourselfs that includes Ultima's inablility to block wall attacks when in the corner.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By ImperiousRix

Thanks again for the matches.
    And also thanks for not including any of the Guile matches.  Despite that crazy chip damage ultra finish, they were cringe worthy.  Vega vs. Gen was always a big toss-up.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By lordofultima

Man I am PRO at Vega. Sick match!!!1 Block that Hooligan low, that's the secret. She can't do shit then.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @lordofultima: Im pretty sure i figured out what was making us lag so much. It seems that when i use my computer while playing it lags up my play. So if we have a rematch your the one that is going to have to record until i can figure out a way around the lag.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By End_Boss
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " @lordofultima: Im pretty sure i figured out what was making us lag so much. It seems that when i use my computer while playing it lags up my play. So if we have a rematch your the one that is going to have to record until i can figure out a way around the lag. "
    As long as you disconnect your computer from the interwebs, you shouldn't have a problem.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By jakob187

You just HAD to put that Gen/Rufus match in there, didn't you?  I'll get better at my Rufus soon enough.  Achievement whoring is getting in the way of my time with SFIV.  Then again, everyone's going to be starting on BlazBlue and KoFXII soon, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be putting some time into KoFXII.

Nonetheless, don't listen to loltima about the Hooligans.  hehe  He's still mad that he could never get past one of them when he was throwing Hadokens at me...the same way I'm mad that I can never seem to beat his ass!  lol  Seriously, though, the Hooligan throw is a very versatile move, and I learned that over many, many online matches.  It's an easy way to move around like a jackrabbit, and letting the whole thing play through is a nice little mind trick.  Now if I could just get the Complete Hooligan into Ultra on the right timing, it'd be EPIC!

Rest of the matches were pretty damn awesome as well.  Sick Vega all around!
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @jakob187: I hope that vega comment was in joking form cause we both suck as vega. And i only put that Gen Vs. Rufus match in there because it was one of the few that didnt have audio problems not the fact that I won.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By jakob187
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " @jakob187: I hope that vega comment was in joking form cause we both suck as vega. And i only put that Gen Vs. Rufus match in there because it was one of the few that didnt have audio problems not the fact that I won. "
    LOL  Of course that comment was in jest, sir.  I hate that I can't portray sarcasm well over the internets.  =  /   The Gen v Rufus comment was also in jest.  I hated that my first match against someone with Rufus proved to be a complete whiff, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.