Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

FINALLY made it to G1 - Rank - Street Fighter IV

• 81 results
    banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By banzairyusan

After 4 months of Obsessive Street Fighter IV Online Championship play. I, Ryusan Daidouji made it to G1 Rank. 15,000+GP Aquired.

Took around 4,899 Online matches (mix of both casual and competitive play) and over 300Hours logged.
    I'll give you the data later.

Here is proof lolz. This is the last time I'll be in G2.

Explanation of the Grade Point Ranking System here: http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2009/au 

No Caption Provided

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Stang

Welcome to the club. Get ready for some ass whoopings.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SpecialBuddy

Good job beating that 6000 pointer.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Stang
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " Good job beating that 6000 pointer. "
    He was one hell of a 6000 pointer though!
    banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By banzairyusan

I have beaten higher than that before.. but this was just a pic of me reaching 15,000 points.. I only got the game late.. on April 10, 2009. I will be playing Tekken 6 when it comes out obsessively as well.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

Welcome to the club.  Have fun playing against Ryu and Sagat.  :)

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stang

I got Xbox Live in June and made G1 like 3 weeks ago....who cares how long it took. Currently have 19k points. GT is Da Stang if you ever want to fight a scrub Ken.

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By banzairyusan
    @JJOR64: Yeah I lost my first battle and lost  -5 GP. Then I lost the 2nd battle and gained 10+GP. Interesting.@Stang said:
    " Welcome to the club. Get ready for some ass whoopings. "
    ^_^
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Stang

And you will soon learn G2 tactics will not work in G1. Once you face a 60 thousand point Ryu you will figure that out though.

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By banzairyusan

my gamertag is: Ryusan Daidouji. Wow. yeah.

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By banzairyusan

Once, I met a G2 Ryu.. who was so good.. did the FADC Combos properly, scary like Daigo.

Do you think Ryu is better than Akuma? I main Akuma.. I've watched those matches between Daigo(ryu) vs momochi(akuma) on youtube.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stang

If you you are using a shoto and can't fadc, you are going to be in a world of hurt. FADC ultra is the only consistent way I land Ken's ultra. I can guarantee damn near every Ryu you see in G1 can fadc ultra in their sleep. 

According to the tiers Ryu is better. If you can't use him, then it doesn't really matter. I woud use Ryu but Ken is just more fun to play as.

If you are looking for an amazing Akuma, LordofUltima has one. He has posted a bunch of vids in the forums, take a look.

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By banzairyusan

Yo.. I saw those videos on youtube. I've seen his vids before. I've taken many tactics of myself, and from playing on championship as well as playing good akumas. :D I've seen his videos.. he puts emphasis on links and the palm.

Yes I can FADC.. but not like LordofUltima, just FADC after a shoryuken. 

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By banzairyusan
    @Stang said:
    " If you you are using a shoto and can't fadc, you are going to be in a world of hurt. FADC ultra is the only consistent way I land Ken's ultra. I can guarantee damn near every Ryu you see in G1 can fadc ultra in their sleep.   According to the tiers Ryu is better. If you can't use him, then it doesn't really matter. I woud use Ryu but Ken is just more fun to play as.  If you are looking for an amazing Akuma, LordofUltima has one. He has posted a bunch of vids in the forums, take a look. "
    The reason is.. I use a madcatz Fightpad.. and my focus button is out of reach lol. But since I am not using my Left Shoulder button, I'll put it there so I can access ti better.. and I'll practice using lordofultima's amazing akuma guide. :D
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stang

Well I say stick with Akuma. It is so boring fighting Ryu after Ryu after Ryu in G1. Akuma's are always fun to fight, unless they are of the run away type.

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Gambit
    @banzairyusan: You map focus attack to one button?
    banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By banzairyusan

I really like how lordofultima did a ShunGokuSatsu after a jump-in. to crouch low+MK and go into a shungokusatsu is not easy for me to do. I've only did it once in training.  I used to think it was impossible to SGS a jump-in, especially a bison head-stomp.  But if I could. I would do it. However.. lately I've been able to land more SGS's :D

Just to take advantage of Akuma's small frame of invisibility, that is all he needs. A balrog jump in, and others.  But a direct hit to the face for akuma with a jump-in kick - requires you to crouch+MK to lower yourself and then do the SGS.. that isn't that easy to do.. but if i could do that.. i would be a better akuma player lolz.

I especially need to do this as a reversal for Bison's annoying head stomp.

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By banzairyusan
    @Gambit said:
    " @banzairyusan: You map focus attack to one button? "
    Yeah because.. I use a fightpad.. (not a joystick). I do not map throws or LP+MP+HP - I actually press all those buttons. Then I was thinking of using my free left-shoulder button to put the FA there so I can do Akuma's links better.
    Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gambit
    @banzairyusan: Why map focus attack and not 3x punch? Its a  pain in the ass for me to press all three punch and kicks on the stupid fightpad where as focus attack is simple mp & mk. I don't just seems weird to me to map focus attack to one button guess its cause I have just done it normally the whole time i've been playing SFIV.
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Baillie

I map the focus onto one button, I also map lp+mp+hp/lk+mk+hk onto one button each. This leaves a button unable to be assigned, which for me, I chose the MP.

It's a very weird setup, but what can you do.

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By banzairyusan
    @Gambit: Well the way I arrange my buttons is to allow me to input Akuma's Shun Goku Satsu with ease.  This was my button layout when I was playing SF in the early days on PS/PS2.

I have the Right Shoulder button on the Fightpad as HP.
    X=LP, Y=MP, then FA
    A=LK, B=HK(I just feel comfortable putting it here, because I got used to it), and then LK after that. So they aren't in the same line.

Originally, I had left shoulder button on the fightpad LP+MP+HP, but since the buttons on the fightpad are conveniently close, I just put my thumb in the middle of LP+MP, and then press the Right Shoulder button at the same time and do the teleport move.

When I do the SGS, I also press HP this way.. also since HP is used in Akuma's bread and butter combo.. It also helps to put it with easy access, Right Shoulder button. This is how I feel most comfortable. (Since I almost always pick Akuma).

How about you?
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Stang

You guys and your crazy ass setups. I still win for the most fucked up 360 pad configuration ever though.

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Gambit

i never change the buttons i always use default/ 
    @Baillie: Why in the world would you play without your Mp completely playing without one of your attacks would just be hurting yourself.

banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By banzairyusan
    @Stang said:

" You guys and your crazy ass setups. I still win for the most fucked up 360 pad configuration ever though. "

When I first started out with the Dpad on the 360 controller. My hand cramped like it never had on the PS Controller and since it was concave with the edges higher and its not flat like the madcatz or as responsive, that eventually my thumbs got really sore.. also the buttons were raised and it wasn't too comfy gliding or trying to hit two buttons since their so distant.. and the trigger is just weird.. it messes up my timing at times.

when i switched the madcatz.. all of those weird hand cramps and thumb soreness went away. as well as being extra responsive is a plus :D
    10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#25  Edited By 10MP

the experience i have gotten is very poor because everyone i fight plays the same as in g2. i sometimes fight a great player but for the most part its just the same old crap.

hopefully you have a better experience.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Baillie
    @Gambit: I used to have MP mapped, but trying to FADC using the two buttons was much less successful than having Focus mapped to a button by itself. I never use MP either. The only button that gives me a problem is the left trigger, trying to hit it for Vegas ultra is a REAL pain. Even sagat's ultra is bothersome because of it. Ultras with all punches > ultras with all kicks, lol.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AniMoney

I have a stick with a normal layout. Eat me.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By napalm
    @banzairyusan said:
    " @JJOR64: Yeah I lost my first battle and lost  -5 GP. Then I lost the 2nd battle and gained 10+GP. Interesting.@Stang said:
    " Welcome to the club. Get ready for some ass whoopings. "
    ^_^ "
    Just ask Flushes what his first G1 opponent said after he wiped the floor with him.

"Welcome to G1."
    banzairyusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By banzairyusan

LOLz. I look forward to it. Here, I may learn advanced Ryu Strategies in G1. I main Akuma so I hope to meet some Akuma's. :D

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#30  Edited By sjschmidt93

Congratz. 

I'll never get there. Not sure I want to...

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Illmatic

Wait, G1 is the top rank in Championship mode? I'm suddenly not as excited about being so close.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Stang
    @Illmatic: Nope, SG is the top. You have to be a monster to ever see that though, I think it takes 70,000 points to make it. 51,000 more and I will be there....no problem :(
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " @Illmatic: Nope, SG is the top. You have to be a monster to ever see that though, I think it takes 70,000 points to make it. 51,000 more and I will be there....no problem :( "
    That shit must be ELITE. I can't even find videos of ANY SG matches.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AniMoney
    @Napalm said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @Illmatic: Nope, SG is the top. You have to be a monster to ever see that though, I think it takes 70,000 points to make it. 51,000 more and I will be there....no problem :( "
    That shit must be ELITE. I can't even find videos of ANY SG matches. "
    Like a few weeks ago there were only 7ish players in SG, not sure how many there are now but I doubt many matches have been played.
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By foodchaiNN

damn you guys make G1 sound fun! Im trying to get there :P im only G2-E right now but Guile will get me there!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By JJOR64
    @foodchaiNN: Just keep on playing.  You will get there eventually.  :P
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By napalm
    @AniMoney said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " @Stang said:
    Like a few weeks ago there were only 7ish players in SG, not sure how many there are now but I doubt many matches have been played. "
    Out of curiosity, how does the Championship Mode actually conclude? If SG is the final ranking, and assuming all rankings have an exit championship match, do you just need to complete the SG championship match to get out SG? If so, is there a congratulations screen? Or are you just stuck in purgatorial SG elite hell forever?
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @JJOR64: yeh its a matter of time, I fight some G2-A players that arent very challenging.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AniMoney
    @Napalm said:
    " @AniMoney said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " @Stang said:
    Like a few weeks ago there were only 7ish players in SG, not sure how many there are now but I doubt many matches have been played. "
    Out of curiosity, how does the Championship Mode actually conclude? If SG is the final ranking, and assuming all rankings have an exit championship match, do you just need to complete the SG championship match to get out SG? If so, is there a congratulations screen? Or are you just stuck in purgatorial SG elite hell forever? "
    I don't think you get out of SG, I think you just play in there forever. Of course, nobody really knows, there's not that many players in it. 

I hate championship mode though, I liked the ranked system a lot more. Too bad everyone was boosting points and now nobody plays it.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Stang
    @foodchaiNN said:
    " @JJOR64: yeh its a matter of time, I fight some G2-A players that arent very challenging. "
    GT is Da Stang. Always looking for new challenges.@AniMoney said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " @AniMoney said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " @Stang said:
    Out of curiosity, how does the Championship Mode actually conclude? If SG is the final ranking, and assuming all rankings have an exit championship match, do you just need to complete the SG championship match to get out SG? If so, is there a congratulations screen? Or are you just stuck in purgatorial SG elite hell forever? "
    I don't think you get out of SG, I think you just play in there forever. Of course, nobody really knows, there's not that many players in it.  I hate championship mode though, I liked the ranked system a lot more. Too bad everyone was boosting points and now nobody plays it. "
    Every once in a while I will do ranked if there is nobody to fight in G1....god damn is ranked horrible. I swear every match in ranked ends in a disconnect.
    Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Wow I'm surprised so many people play Championshio mode. I only really played ranked (some player matches), but I think I'll start playing more Champ. mode for PC when my FP arrives next week. 

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Stang

There are a lot less rage quitters in championship mode compared to ranked, and level of play is relatively good (in G1 at least, G2 is hit or miss). Player matches are a joke, but I find myself there more often then not just for shits and gigs. I would much rather play the people on my buddy list then play in either championship or ranked though.

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AniMoney
    @Stang: Everyone quits in ranked because if you disconnect you don't lose points. Once people figured this out they exploited it to boost BP. Thats why if you look on the leaderboards there are some ridiculous numbers.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Scooper

I've only had a few people disconnect on me in G2. I guess once you hit 15%~ disconnect you might aswell start over because no one will play you.

Ps. I have my controlls default on 360 pad with the exception of 3x punch and 3x kick on the shoulder buttons. There's no point having 1 button for focus or grab, the mp/mk and lp/lk are right next to each other and easy to hit at the same time.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Stang
    @AniMoney said:
    " @Stang: Everyone quits in ranked because if you disconnect you don't lose points. Once people figured this out they exploited it to boost BP. Thats why if you look on the leaderboards there are some ridiculous numbers. "
    Good point. I really don't understand rage quitting.....we are playing a fucking video game! I rage quit only once, against a gief who had possibly the worst connection ever. I enjoy rage quitters though, you know you did something right if somebody quits.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By napalm
    @AniMoney said:
    " @Stang: Everyone quits in ranked because if you disconnect you don't lose points. Once people figured this out they exploited it to boost BP. Thats why if you look on the leaderboards there are some ridiculous numbers. "
    And I assume that's also why Ranked Match players have a disconnect rate of 40% and higher?
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Stang
    @Napalm: Your ability to connect the dots is uncanny!
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By JoelTGM

Nice, good job.  That game is hard to become good at.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " @Napalm: Your ability to connect the dots is uncanny! "
    I pointed it out for the sake of conversation, dickhead. >:o
    agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50  Edited By agentboolen

I gave up a long time ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.