Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

GB1 Climax: Street Fighter 4 Tournament

• 79 results
    LAMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By LAMP

No Caption Provided

SIGNUPS ARE CLOSED

The Rules

1) Matches will take place in a 2 out of 3 format, and not 2 rounds out of three rounds, but two MATCHES out of three. These matches will be conducted in “three out of five round” format. This is so everyone who is in the tournament gets as much gameplay as possible in the tournament.

2) EDITED: No boss characters. This is Akuma, Gouken, and Seth.

3) Matches must be spectated. WARNING: This entire section is reliant on the existence of being able to spectate in the game. I have not seen or heard confirmation, so when the retail copy releases, this might be completely invalid: The reason for this is threefold. First is to ensure the result stays accurate. Second, for all those who are currently in the match, it would serve them well to remember that people on the wait list wanted to play as well. Third, the participation in spectating gives them a better chance in participating in the next tournament. This will be discussed more when there is a next tournament, but I’ll leave it at “you will want to spectate as much as possible.”

4) Disconnects before the end of a match will be counted immediately as a loss.

5) Every player has two absences. If you are away for some period of time, I will allow waitlist players to substitute for you, but only twice. It will be the same waitlist player, but determined at random. If you say you cannot compete a third time, the waitlist player will take your place in the tournament. In the final stage, you are only awarded one absence that can only be used during the opening round. A concurrent failure to complete will allow the waitlist player to take your place in the semi-finals and finals. He will get all credit for your progress in the tournament, and your offered position in the second tournament.

6) There are two time limits.

The tournament begins the day the seeds are posted. You have from February 22 to March 23 (that’s thirty days) to finish your matches in a league. If they are not finished, each player will have one point subtracted from their score. That’s one entire win credit, and that can be a huge difference. If it’s discovered that you have stopped a match to cost someone a point, you are immediately disqualified, and that person is awarded a point. Everything else about the scheduling

On March 24th, the final stage will begin: A single elimination, eight man tournaments, consisting of the first and second place members of each block, seeded specifically to avoid players from the same blocks potentially meeting each other until the finals. This stage is more finely timed. When the seeds go up for this, participants have five days to complete their match. As soon as the next match is available, they will have five days to finish that match as well. In the first round of the final stage, if a match goes past its deadline, players on the waitlist will be summoned to take the place of one or both of the absent players. This will not happen in the second round or grand finale.

That’s everything! Any questions can be PMed to me, and I will update the thread if a valid, important point is raised.

GROUPINGS

Blocks are broken, here's a temporary list of who's fighting who. It's a list of Gamertags.

A: Echo Nova X, n4t3d066 (with a zero) , WallaceTheGreat, SteepInKline
    B: RepasDeLaValeur, MetPurifier, Meltbrain, Albedosshadow
    C: oO| SWEEP |Oo, systech217, Augustus Cole, Peculiar
    D: DIABLOKU, LicenseToBill, GB Oni, xLe07
    SteepInKline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By SteepInKline

I'd like  a piece of that. My Gamertag is SteepInKline.

Avatar image for wallacethegreat
    WallacetheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By WallacetheGreat

I'm ready for another ass kicking.

GT: WallacetheGreat

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok

Signing up.

GT: MetPurifier

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
    deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I might join, but I play exclusively as Dan. How about a reservation? License To Bill is the tag.

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By albedos_shadow

I'm in. GT: albedosshadow

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Systech

systech is in for real!

GT: systech217
    Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Oni

I am so in. Gamertag: GB Oni

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NateDogg
    I'm down!

Gamertag: n4t3d066
    Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Reale

first off, i take it your making it 360 only because you yourself are getting it for the 360... at least run one for both, like what is going on in the HDRMIX forum... also whilst listening to an ign? podcast (i think), they said you have to unlock Cammy as well, i am also confused as to why that rule of unlocks is inplace, is it because not everyone will have unlocked them?  if thats the case... its there fault! my main  is Akuma (i played alot of Capcom vs Snk 2 and i dont like bitch ass ryu or dirty ken) and my second is yun so thats no good...

also ripped this from a thread over at capcom-unity

"From srk

* Beat the game with anyone to unlock selectable voices per character (JP or EN voices available from start)
    * Beat the game with X to unlock Y:
    Ryu -> Sakura
    Sakura -> Dan
    Chun-Li -> Gen
    C.Viper -> Cammy
    Abel -> Fei Long
    Bison -> Rose
    * Beat first Time Trial and Survivor with any character to unlock colors 3 and 4"

if thats true then you are ruling out Sakura/Dan/Gen/Cammy/Fei Long/Rose/Akuma/Seth... thats 8 characters out, i think if you keep that rule you might as well not allow arcade sticks, that would be fun...

my last rant is about region, we dont know anything about the online performance apart from what seth killian has said (along the lines of "we play with the japanese team everyday and its virtually perfect") but again we dont know, so why not have a reginal set-up? america as one and europe as the other and have the winner of each fight one another at the end (better than everyone having possible lag issues)

i am not trying to be a jerk, its not like i said "i hate your tournament banner" (...) but a little more thought would be better for the "Sort-Of Official By Way Of Being Posted First Street Fighter 4 tournament" not just a spread sheet...

have it for both consoles, have all the characters in it, have it set to RANKED matches and fight...
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PureRok

Well, if I can't play as Sakura then I'm not playing.

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Reale

well all i know is that it will be more likely more than just 3 characters to unlock... and its not like the unlockable characters are over powered, akuma is not even considered an A class player. also some tournaments have a one character rule, thats somthing else that can be taken into consideration.

LAMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LAMP
    Hey, remember the part that said "if you have a question, go ahead and send it in?" Like, in PM? Yeah, this is in public. Not a PM at all.

Your blatant flushing of plumage aside, I'll answer your questions.

1) Yes, I'm doing it for the 360, because I'm poor and can't afford it for both. Also, it means other people can do something on the PS3 side, so I feel better about not running a monopoly.
    2)I was under the impression that the only unlocks were the bosses. I genuinely didn't know. I only knew that the bosses were unlockable, because when I saw the footage on the 1UP marathon, those were the characters that were locked. So I'll reword that, because it's a fair point.
    3) So you want me to do things like the HDR tournament, and then set up regions unlike the HDR tournament. No. I'm not going to tell people they can't participate because they're on other continents.
    4) Your idea of "not being a jerk" Is hysterical. By throwing this out in public, you already undermined that.
    5) You can't do ranked matches where you play with friends. That undermines the entire system.
    Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Hulk

Sign Hulk up.  Gamertag: Augustus Cole

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Reale
    MaSuTa said:
    Hey, remember the part that said "if you have a question, go ahead and send it in?" Like, in PM? Yeah, this is in public. Not a PM at all.
    calm down, there is a reason for that...when making a suggestion i wanted to see if people agreed or disagreed or even possibly make there own contributions
    Your blatant flushing of plumage aside, I'll answer your questions.
    i have no need to peacock here, i suck at fighting games and just wanted to make a few suggestions.
    1) Yes, I'm doing it for the 360, because I'm poor and can't afford it for both. Also, it means other people can do something on the PS3 side, so I feel better about not running a monopoly.
    1a) you want to change the title to " GB1 Climax: Street Fighter 4 360 Tournament " then?
    2)I was under the impression that the only unlocks were the bosses. I genuinely didn't know. I only knew that the bosses were unlockable, because when I saw the footage on the 1UP marathon, those were the characters that were locked. So I'll reword that, because it's a fair point.
    2a) thanks for rewording that... ... can we get a reason as to why though? as i stated before akuma isn't even considered an A grade character, none of those characters are going to be like Akuma in SFII so why allow all the others but not them?
    3) So you want me to do things like the HDR tournament, and then set up regions unlike the HDR tournament. No. I'm not going to tell people they can't participate because they're on other continents.
    3a) I wanted you two have to have a 360 and ps3 set-up for each yes and the idea of the regions is perfectly valid, america one side europe the other and if your not in either you go in the one closet to it... yes i think thats a good idea also.....

4) Your idea of "not being a jerk" Is hysterical. By throwing this out in public, you already undermined that.
    4a) its not an idea but i am glad i make you laugh... again, its a forum, people discuss...

5a) any chance you can send me the link to the info on no ranked matchs for people off your friends list... didnt know about that!
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
    Reale said:
    "5a) any chance you can send me the link to the info on no ranked matchs for people off your friends list... didnt know about that!"
    No online games allow ranked matches against friends. That would be open to abuse. You could just fight a friend who lets you win over and over again, giving you a high rank.

As for the no PS3 issue, if  a PS3 tourney you can always do one yourself.
    Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Reale
    MattyFTM said:
    "Reale said:
    "5a) any chance you can send me the link to the info on no ranked matchs for people off your friends list... didnt know about that!"
    No online games allow ranked matches against friends. That would be open to abuse. You could just fight a friend who lets you win over and over again, giving you a high rank.

As for the no PS3 issue, if  a PS3 tourney you can always do one yourself."
    telling me so doesnt make it true, again i asked for a link and surely not every fight you have is = to the same amount of points... say i am 3000000 in the world and i beat the number 1 rank surely it will be worth more than the guy that is one more rank ahead of me...

again, if you can provide a link that would be great!

as for the ps3 thing, its not an issue, it just needs stating that this will be a 360 only tournament on the title.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PureRok
    Reale said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    "Reale said:

telling me so doesnt make it true, again i asked for a link and surely not every fight you have is = to the same amount of points... say i am 3000000 in the world and i beat the number 1 rank surely it will be worth more than the guy that is one more rank ahead of me...

as for the ps3 thing, its not an issue, it just needs stating that this will be a 360 only tournament on the title.
    "
    Just start up a game and go into a ranked match and try to invite a friend. You can't. Not in any game that has ranked matches.
    Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hulk
    Items not yet shipped:
    Delivery estimate: February 19, 2009

* 1 of: Street Fighter IV Collector's Edition
          Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Items not yet shipped:
    Delivery estimate: February 24, 2009

* 1 of: Xbox 360 Street Fighter IV FightStick
          Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Hulk may not have arcade stick in time.  ;(
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Jayge_
    Reale said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    "Reale said:

"
    I don't know if you're new to online games or something, but there are virtually 0 games with ranked competition achievements that allow friends to play ranked games along with you. Games like CoD4, with no multiplayer achievements, or games with slightly wonky matchmaking, can sometimes let friends in. Other than that, games that have serious ranked games either need to be duped or glitched. It's been that way for years now.
    Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Reale
    Jayge said:
    I don't know if you're new to online games or something, but there are virtually 0 games with ranked competition achievements that allow friends to play ranked games along with you. Games like CoD4, with no multiplayer achievements, or games with slightly wonky matchmaking, can sometimes let friends in. Other than that, games that have serious ranked games either need to be duped or glitched. It's been that way for years now."
    achievements? i haven't mentioned achievements once... i was talking about the point system that determines rank. either way getting past the "YOU CANT PLAY RANKED GAMES WITH FRIENDS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" comments and back to my original point of "playing ranked matches in a tournament" which you could still do by simply sitting in the lobby until the desired user takes the other slot up and starting the match or making an 8 man tournament (similar to that in hdrm IF they have a similar option in sf4) or simply stick with "nope wont work" will be fine...

and just because it hasn't / isn't done like that doesn't mean it wont change or someone will try something differnt...

in all honesty i dont play that many console games online (only 9 games in my console collection that have online capabilities) but i have been playing online since early 1998, so i wouldnt say i am "new" to playing games online...
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jayge_
    Reale said:
    "achievements? i haven't mentioned achievements once... i was talking about the point system that determines rank. either way getting past the "YOU CANT PLAY RANKED GAMES WITH FRIENDS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" comments and back to my original point of "playing ranked matches in a tournament" which you could still do by simply sitting in the lobby until the desired user takes the other slot up and starting the match or making an 8 man tournament (similar to that in hdrm IF they have a similar option in sf4) or simply stick with "nope wont work" will be fine...

and just because it hasn't / isn't done like that doesn't mean it wont change or someone will try something differnt...

in all honesty i dont play that many console games online (only 9 games in my console collection that have online capabilities) but i have been playing online since early 1998, so i wouldnt say i am "new" to playing games online...
    "
    And I'm stating the reason why ranked games don't have friends allowed. Leaderboards with points are an entirely different matter. I don't think you have any idea how hard it generally is to get a game going with friends if the game is purposefully designed not to be playable with friends in ranked matches. As for that points thing that you mentioned, no, generally wins and losses are not weighted based on skill comparisons and leaderboard ranks in games. Which is one of the reasons why friend-fighting exploits ruin leaderboards in games.

Just because it hasn't been done like that would not generally mean that it won't, as you say, that is generally true for some things. But in this case, if it's not an unspoken policy by hardware publishers (MS, Sony, etc. which I'm sure it is), it's an unwritten rule among 95% of game developers making an online game. It just won't change. That's why.
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By sweep  Moderator

SIGN ME UP

Tag =

o0I SWEEP I0o

I'm a force to be reckoned with >=)
    DIABLOKU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DIABLOKU

sign me up

DIABLOKU
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By lordofultima

My tournament has been in planning for just as long as yours sir, but nothing's to stop both from going on. The Ultimate SFIV Tourney doesn't take place over the course of a month, and being that my main is Akuma, I can't be a part of this. If anyone's interested in another tournament check it out here.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By BoG

Sign me up, gamertag is RepasDeLaValeur

LAMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LAMP

Signups close Midnight Tonight! All aboard!

wriXeL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By wriXeL

shit did I miss the sign ups??
    GT: Echo Nova X

pleaseee!!

rivalbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By rivalbro

People can play with their unlocked characters on network play with no problems. If you have unlocked a character, you can play with them.

LAMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LAMP

Well, I was about to post "next entrant gets in" but Echo Nova X was nice enough to give me an even numbering of blocks. So, thanks to him, we can now PROCEED WITH THE TOURNAMENT!

As soon as I've seeded everything and had time to go over what online functionality consists of. Stay tuned!

MINOR EDIT: Because we're like 10 short, I'm currently considering other options. I'm weighing two options. So, hey, anyone who's still interested in participating, but missed signups, post your gamertag anyways, because you might end up getting in.
    LAMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By LAMP

ALRIGHT THIS IS HOW THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN

I am extending signups until THURSDAY. There are, however, stipulations.

I can either fill two slots, or six slots. So, if I only get two people, great. If I can get six people, even better. If there any number of participants from 2-6, then there will be a random drawing conducted with http://randomizer.org 's tools to fill two slots. If there are six, all six are immediately entered. If there is over seven, then there will be a drawing. And one spot is reserved.

If I cannot get at least two people in, then the tournament will be conducted with Two Blocks of Seven People.

Lastly, I want to extend an open invitation and reservation of a spot to LordOfUltima, who had the decency to advertise his own tournament in my thread. I admit, I was angered, but then I started thinking, and you know what? I'll get even instead! You can go ahead and use Akuma! But everyone who's in the tournament will know that your whining is what got you preferential treatment. Or, they'll know that I tried to meet you halfway, and you weren't able to man up. The ball is in your court! TOURNAMENT WARRRR~~~

Now that I'm done puffing my chest and flushing my plumage, let's do something productive. I can confirm TWO of FOUR blocks! What I mean by this is, no matter if we do two blocks of seven people or four blocks of four- or five-  people, that these two groups of four will be facing eachother either way.

GROUP 1:
    Echo Nova X
    n4t3do66
    WallaceTheGreat
    SteepInKline

GROUP 2:
    RepasDeLaValeur
    MetPurifier
    Meltbrain
    Albedosshadow

NOTE TO THE OTHER SIX: This doesn't mean you're not in the tournament, just that you're not currently assigned pending further sign-ups.
    ThaMilkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By ThaMilkMan

I wanna be in it 2day is Thursday but I wanna get in!!!

Gamertag = Peculiair

LAMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LAMP

One hour and fifteen minutes remaining! If not, I'll enter myself as the last slot

ThaMilkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By ThaMilkMan

Am I in??

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By lordofultima

Oh shit, sorry son. I was totally going to enter too. I had a BUSY schedule man, BUSY. I was playing SFIV...and drinking. AND writing a review for SFIV. So yeah, busy. But you signed up for mine, so maybe I'll fix the brackets and we'll go toe to toe first round.

LAMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LAMP

THE BRACKETS ARE UP!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#38  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Fuck, I have HULK in my group? Better get practising....

See you in the finals Oni ;)

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BoG

I can deal with being pitted against Pure in round one.  I'll eat your Sakura up!

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Otacon

Fraid I'm definitely not ready for a Tourney yet!

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jax

Hope that tourny image works out fine bro. If you need me to add anything or make a one just hit me up. =)

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#42  Edited By Oni
    Sweep said:
    "Fuck, I have HULK in my group? Better get practising....

See you in the finals Oni ;)
    "
    NOT IF I SEE YOU FIRST!!!
    Le07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Le07

I want in, is it too late?!
    Game Name: xLe07

LAMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LAMP
    Le07 said:
    "I want in, is it too late?!
    Game Name: xLe07"
    You know what? I'm feeling exceptionally nice. I'm going to pull out of my own tournament, and put you in, man. Good luck.
    Le07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Le07

Wow thanks man. =]
    `ppreciate it. . I'll try and hold the name eh ;]

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Hulk

Hulk likely will not check this thread too often, but whenever it's time for whoever to fight Hulk.  Just send a friend request with a message saying who you are and all that on Xbox Live, or just hit the IRC and say you're ready to play.  Otherwise Hulk will likely miss out on what's going on with this thing.

Also MaSuTa have you thought about holding off on the tournament until they release the next patch which will implement the lobby system?  That way people can spectate the matches and all of that.

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hulk

Looks like Hulk is going to have to pull out of the tournament.  Hulk's Xbox 360 isn't reading disks properly.  It takes 20 attempts at opening and closing the drive in order for it to finally read the disk usually, sometimes more than that.  So Hulk has put in a repair request and should receive the box sometime this week.  So with no Xbox Hulk no can play since who knows how long it will take to get a refurbished 360 back from Microsoft.  The first time Hulk did this it only took 2 weeks, but other people have had to wait a month or more.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BoG

So, Block B, we gonna get going?

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By PureRok

Sent you a party invite, BoG.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BoG

Pure, I was just asking before I went to bed. I've got class first thing in the morning...

I feel like a douche right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.