Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Hard Trials

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Scooper

I know a couple of people here have done them all (u so crayzee) and I've done more then I thought I would be able too so I'm wondering who's you've all done. Some of you here aren't into that part of the game and are only into Online play but I find the challenge mode super fun and have spent way more time in there then online. I've done all normal and hard Survival and time attacks and all normal Trials(probably why I'm so junk compared to you lot who play a lot online).

Anyways let's get too it.

Normal Trials: all done.

Hard trials*: 

• Ryu 5/5
    • Ken 4/5
    • Chun-Li 5/5
    • E. Honda 5/5
    • Blanka 5/5
    • Zangief 5/5
    • Guile 5/5
    • Dhalsim 5/5
    • Balrog 3/5
    • Vega 1/5
    • Sagat 5/5
    • M. Bison 5/5
    • C. Viper 2/5
    • Rufus 1/5
    • El Fuerte 0/5
    • Abel 1/5
    • Sakura 1/5
    • Dan 5/5
    • Rose 5/5
    • Gen 4/5
    • Cammy 1/5
    • Fei Long 0/5
    • Akuma 5/5
    • Gouken 3/5
    • Seth 3/5

*Will be updated as I complete more

Most of these that are 0/5 I haven't actualy spent much time on, I'm not really interested in any of the new characters and haven't spent much energy with them. You'll probably notice I've got alot of 5/5's at the beggining and then it gets worse after that, that's mostly because I'm trying to do each column on the screen at a time and then move onto the next while occasional getting frustrated with a trial (fuck you Ken) and just do someone like Akuma's who's trials are pretty easy.

What is your list like? Who's did you have real trouble with? So far I've been having trouble on Rose's first trial trying to get a C.lp to link into a light soul spiral... it's pretty damn annoying (Update: just done it). And then there's of course the infamous Ken hard trial trying to get a medium SRK into the Ultra.... fuck that!
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By napalm

I haven't done any, actually. When it comes to fighting games, for some reason, I really hate doing anything but fighting other people. This also explains why I haven't unlocked anybody yet.

biggblack86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By biggblack86

and my hard trial complete list is as follows:

vega
    guile
    ryu
    abel 
    zangief 

and i think thats it.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Scooper

I see no dudley o.O You must be seeing things my boy.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Plasma

Dan of course, who else needs training?

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpecialBuddy

This is my list of people I have left: 

none

Would you look at that!

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scooper
    @Plasma said:

" Dan of course, who else needs training? "

Dan's 2nd hard trial is pissing me off! It ends with an EX SRK but as I'm on a regular 360 pad it's hard for me to hit X & Y or LB at the same time so I use the LT which is all 3 punches and I end up doing the ultra instead. That basicaly means when I get to the end of the combo I can't just mash out quater circles and let the shortcuts do the rest I've got to be precise and I keep fluffing it ;'(.

@SpecialBuddy said:
    "
    This is my list of people I have left: 

none

Would you look at that!

"

Yeah but you cheated......................................... 

Fuckin' grats, man.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Plasma
    @Scooper: That's a super simple FADC combo :P. If you mash, you've got like a 33% chance it'll come out, so keep at it! 

Also, Dan icons made me a much better player.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Scooper
    @Plasma: I know it's such a simple combo and it's realllllllly annoying I can't do it.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By JJOR64

Sadly, I've only completed two of them: Honda and M. Bison.

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gambit

I have the 1 left with both balrog and Abel then 3 with C.Viper fuck that twat her's are annoying as hell.

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By AniMoney

I've done maybe half of the hard trials, maybe a bit more. 

Trying to do el fuerte's 5 right now. (RSF)

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Stang

I have done Ken's, Ryu's, Bison's, Rose's, Honda's, Akuma's, Sagat's and Dan's. Just said fuck it to the whole thing after trying Viper's #4. Some things are just not meant to be.

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Flushes

Abel's #5 is loads of fun. Two one-frame links with an FADC in the middle. I think I've got Akuma, Honda, Abel, and Blanka's done, plus all the normal trials for everyone.

Wildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wildcard

Every time I think of doing the trials, I end up wishing that I could set it to accept incoming fight requests while doing them.. and then I go back to playing arcade mode while waiting for match requests. VS Matches would break the monotony of trying the same combo for the 100th time =/

Grats on having gotten so far with your list, though!

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Big fat zero, I've gotten a couple done with Ryu and Ken, but ever since I jumped online, I've just learned how to play from other people.
    I am jealous of a few titles though.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Plasma
    @Flushes: You've done Abel's? I've spent too long trying, and gave up long ago :P
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Renahzor

I don't think I have any 5/5.  I know I have cammy's at 4/5 and 2 is the hardest, I just dont like 5 for the really fast start.  Also im not so hot at her FADCs so have 2 with opposite dashes in the same combo is too much.  Congrats for those that can stick through them though!  I just wish the game focused more on practical combos than the flashy trial combos.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Scooper
    @Renahzor said:
    " I don't think I have any 5/5.  I know I have cammy's at 4/5 and 2 is the hardest, I just dont like 5 for the really fast start.  Also im not so hot at her FADCs so have 2 with opposite dashes in the same combo is too much.  Congrats for those that can stick through them though!  I just wish the game focused more on practical combos than the flashy trial combos. "
    Yeah her Trial 2 is pretty annoying but somehow I quite enjoy even the impossible ones. They should be more practical to actual ingame fighting though, I agree. I guess when they made the game they couldn't of known what the best combos were so they told the people designing these trials "just have fun and make some crazy combos".

Just after writing this thread I instantly done Rose's first trial and the other 4 I done in about 20 mins. Sometimes it's the earlier ones that are the hardest. I remember some of the normal trials being pretty hard but the normal trial 5 being something like Hard Punch Medium punch and that was it.
    biggblack86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By biggblack86

just finished up bisons hard trials. which werent hard at all. shit was 2nd grade easy.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Scooper
    @biggblack86 said:
    " just finished up bisons hard trials. which werent hard at all. shit was 2nd grade easy. "
    I know. He was the 3rd guy I 5/5'd after Akuma and Ryu.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Stang

Alright, I have been busting my butt with these trials, all I have now are Viper's 5th and Gen's 5th. Oddly enough Viper trial 3 did not give me problems like it does for other people, it took me around 20 minutes from start to finish. Viper's 5th combo is easy enough, the only problem I have is the tk feint....I just cannot seem to get it, and when I do, I am so surprised that i cannot continue the combo. Crouching fp - seizmo -super jump - flaming kick ultra is fine, it is just the beginning that kills me.

And as far as Gen 5 goes....I am screwed. If the combo was not bad enough, they decide to tack on a full gekero or whatever it is called, I am honestly at a loss.

Special f you goes out to Fuerte's 5th, Fei's 3rd, Blanka's 5th and Abel's 5th. Luckily I got through Fuerte's 5th with a little coaching from Hedgehog...now if I can only convince him to do Gen's 5th for me :)

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Scooper

Yeah Blanka's last one is a bitch. At least you get to see him eat a bannana when you do it.

I've practically given up on SFIV now I just don't feel happy with any of the characters and online is boring as I see soo many of the same characters over and over again. I started playing SSFIITHDR as I never played that alot and really clicked with Dee Jay. The online in that game's pretty good as people are more inclind to pick other characters. The only problem is barely anyone plays it online and it can be quite laggy and when sprites with 15 year old animation lags it really is totally unplayable.

I'll most likely get way in SSFIV when that comes out and take Dee Jay around for a spin.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Stang

Yup, In the time it took me to Blanka's 5th, I completed all of Rose's and Sakura's, and Guile's. Some of these links are just ridiculous.

I have been into completing the achievements. Once I get these lame trial's done, beat Gouken on very hard and finish the game with everybody on medium, I am taking a long ass break. All that will probably take me a year though :p

Question for you Scooper. For the 50 point Gouken achievement, are you allowed to use a second controller to interrupt the game if something is going wrong? Like interrupt, beat second player, then continue in arcade where you left off? I asked Hedgehog and he said he thought so, I was just looking for some more confirmation.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Scooper
    @Stang:

I don't know. I didn't really do that. It's a fucking hard achievement no matter how you shake it. My advice would be to set it to one round and keep replaying the first match over and over until you get that 1 perfect you need then just try and get the Ultra finishes and first attacks as soon as possible as the longer you leave it the harder it'll be to land them. Try and find a cheap move that the AI can't handle very well and abuse it as much as you can, if you try and outsmart them with tricks you do online you will not win. If you can get 60% of their life from sweeping them 4 times in a row then do that, I've spent alot of time trying to outsmart them but the best thing in the end is to find the right spacing that makes them do a certain move (for seth, if you stay just out of grab and uppercut range he'll nearly always do that spin kick, just block that and then sweep. This sort of thing got me through hard survival mode and time trials with Zangief, just knock them down, jump back then that running grab move, it got them 80% of the time. Apart from all that just keep at it. It took me a few hours one night and then a few the next morning to get this and I died a couple times right at the end on Seth and Gouken which is infuriating. Just keep at it and good luck.

I've just got to do all the Hard Trials and I think I'm done as that'll unlock the remaining icons and tags apart from a couple I need to get but I don't think they're that hard. It's just I think it's impossible to do Gen's hard trials on a controller as it requires that arcade stick 'slide' method but I'm not sure. I'd love to S-Rank this game and I'm so close yet so far.

But yeah, put on the bombcast and turn the TV down like I do when I'm trying to get an achievement or that impossible achievement on Trials HD. You know then that when it's over you've spent a good 2 hours on it then you can take a break or like I've shamefully done a few times just started up the bombcast again hahaha. Fuck these achievements.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Stang

Thanks for the tips Scooper, I appreciate it! I will give it a try tomorrow for sure.

And....GEN 5 IS DONE!  God that trial is annoying as shit. Only Viper 5 to go :)

edit

And with regard's to Gen's 5, you don't have to slide or anything, you can very well do it on a pad. What I did was map 1 button to ppp, and stuck mp on turbo. So I did a jump kick, hit my single ppp button to switch stances quick style, crouching jab, immediately let go down and hit the turbo'd medium punch. That link in particular is a bitch, and you will miss it no doubt. But once the mp connects, spam 2x qcf and hope that as soon the jazz hands start it will cancel into super. Once that is done, all you have to worry about is gekero (still don't know if that is the correct name). Gekero was the toughest part for me, but simply practicing it for 10 minutes got my rhythm down.

Good luck man, I know you can do it. I didn't think I could do half of them a week ago, and now I am down to one.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By lordofultima

Yeah I'm done, look at me 1000 points, bitches!

But anyway, C. Viper 5 and Abel 5 were the tough ones. Gen 5 wasn't even that bad, of course I used turbo on Medium Punch, but who the hell cares. Worked great, especially after the waterfall kick trick. The way I did it was f, d, df + kick ---- kick, kick ---- kick, kick, kick, kick, kick (the hyphens are for significant pauses between the kicks). I might post me doing it, I still have it on my camcorder.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @lordofultima said:
    " Yeah I'm done, look at me 1000 points, bitches!

But anyway, C. Viper 5 and Abel 5 were the tough ones. Gen 5 wasn't even that bad, of course I used turbo on Medium Punch, but who the hell cares. Worked great, especially after the waterfall kick trick. The way I did it was f, d, df + kick ---- kick, kick ---- kick, kick, kick, kick, kick (the hyphens are for significant pauses between the kicks). I might post me doing it, I still have it on my camcorder. "
    <--------Credit for telling him to use turbo goes to this guy.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Shadow

I don't know who designed the controls for Guile and Vega's super/ultras, but they need to be shot.

hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By hungrynun

Just hit Abel 5 and  I can't get the fierce punch for the life of me.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lordofultima
    @SpecialBuddy: Haha, yeah I guess I would have been crying over it otherwise. Rendering out and then uploading, start to finish the combo took me like 10 minutes, no editing at all. NOTHING LIKE VIPER, haha.

Blogged the Gen 5 trial, check it.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Scooper

Gratz on S-ranking this hard motherfucker Ultima.

I'm glad that the Gen combos don't require the slide so I might be able to do them. The only problem is my 360 controller doesn't have turbo so I'll have to try it in 10 min chunks otherwise my hands will be crippled. I had the same problem with Honda's hard trials but got there in the end.

I haven't played more then a few matches in the last week and I'm starting to peter off the game so I think i may be done for now on these hard trials.

tonaros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tonaros
    @Shadow: lol, agreed. I've noticed if you do it fast enough, you can roll the thumbstick around the outside instead of trying to snap it across the middle. Just practice it in training and you'll find a method that works for you. The internet probably has some tips as well.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Scooper
    @tonaros said:
    " @Shadow: lol, agreed. I've noticed if you do it fast enough, you can roll the thumbstick around the outside instead of trying to snap it across the middle. Just practice it in training and you'll find a method that works for you. 

The internet probably has some tips as well. "

What's that?
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Stang

So after ripping out all my hair, I finished all these retarded character trials....only to find out I have not got all the "gold" medals from the survival and time trials. I figured if you beat it, that was a gold....I guess not! I just looked it up, you need 40 damn wins in each of the hard survival trials....are you shitting me? What a buzz kill :(

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Scooper

Have fun with that. LOL

Anyways, I jumped on and done a few trials, namely Dan's and 4/5 of Gen's before I'm officialy throwing in the towel on this game. I've got 800 points and just over 200 hours put into the game. That's good by me and I'm done.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Stang

I will have 950 when I quit. I refuse to slave through those ridiculous trials again. Kind of pissed that I will not get the full 1000, but I am cool knowing I beat all the hard trials that actually matter.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Scooper

Yeah, there ain't no one sniffing at that achievement. Kudos to that.

I will return in spring with super but by that time I'll hopefully have that on PS3 too.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lordofultima
    @Stang: LMAO, I figured you had already done that. Yeah, I went as far as getting like 60 wins on one or two of the hard survivals. They're REALLY not that hard, just pick Zangief and play smart (lariat a lot as well). If you do just one a day, it's not a big deal. That's what I did. IMO the normal time attack and survival ones were harder to get gold in some cases, like the one without special moves (just spammed roundhouse with akuma in that case). Haha.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @lordofultima:@Stang: are the hard trials possible without a fightstick ?
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lordofultima
    @turbomonkey138: Yeah, like I said I know plenty of people who've done most of them on pad, there are youtube tutorials where in the info it says they did it on a 360 and/or PS3 controller.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @lordofultima: but is it easier on a stick or pad in your opinion ?
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Stang
    @turbomonkey138: 

The time and survival trials are. Like Ultima said, just use Gief and lariat the shit out of people. All you need is patience. With regard to charatcter trials, I will say no. Some of these combos are rather intricate, if you can fadc and move your hands in awkward ways, you may be able to. I am not even close to being good enough to do that. If you can, you have my respect!

@lordofultima:

The survival's aren't a problem, those are just long. The only thing I would have to worry about is Cammy, that chick has Gief's number. The time trials are the problem in my opinion. The time bonus from pulling an ultra in pretty much nullified since Gief's ultra is so damn long. I guess the key is to get perfects, which for me is much easier said then done. I will give it a go, but if I die while in the 30s on those hard trials, I am pissing on the disc and then breaking it. I swear.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lordofultima
    @Stang: I have Cammy on lock, here's my strat with Zangief:

Crouch block until she does spinfist, crouch lariat on reaction. Keep doing this, as well as punishing cannon strikes from the air if you can see them coming. When she gets ultra, just continue to crouch block and wait for her to blow it, then ex hand her out of the air. rinse and repeat. Anyone else you're not sure on like Seth, just crouch and wait for something dumb. Seth for instance will do that kick, which you can lariat on block.

As for time attacks, you will likely stun most opponents with the lariat onslaught, so when that happens you should always empty jump ultra, the little bonus will still help you out, and you'll probably get a couple perfects in the process.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima: Good info man, thanks. In the past I sat there like a rock until she did a cannon drill, and then mash lariat. Your strategy is actually a strategy! I will give it a go after I find somebody to boost with me.....all I am missing is one title/icon from winning 30 matches via decision. After 5k matches, I have only won in that fashion 7 times!
    Gahzoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Gahzoo

I've done everyone's normal trials except Balrog and Guile. (For some reason I can't Headbutt into ultra, lol) and I can't flash kick to Double Flash with Guile. 

I have fully completed hard trials with Bison, Honda, and Zangief, and have a bunch of other characters at like 3/5.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima: Alright, now I am getting angry. Some of these time trials are soooo fucking retarded. I am stuck on hard time trial 5, I honestly see no way to accrue the time needed to get a gold. Bison pulls all types of bullshit out of his ass! If he isn't whipping out reaction slides, he is doing reaction ultras. What the fuck Capcom?

@Gahzoo: It is just like any charge character. For instance, with Balrog, you charge back, hit forward and punch. Right after the punch, you quickly go back to forward one more time and hit punch again. For Guile, I just did downback to upforward kick, then quickly went downback upforward kick again. You will get it.
    tonaros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By tonaros
    @Scooper: Not sure, someone said it on the news, I just wanted to sound cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.