Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Hello and Goodbye, See you on the otherside.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By StaticFalconar

Welcome to another perch of StaticFalconar.

Ever since my last blog of any kind, I have been working on a project that I've been putting off for too long and of course videogames.

///
    The biggest one as of late: UFC 2009

Even if you went through the tutorial and know what to do to get out, its damn near impossible when your opponent knows your trying to get out and just reverse all you attempts at getting out until you tire your self out for a submission or more GnP.
    Even if you went through the tutorial and know what to do to get out, its damn near impossible when your opponent knows your trying to get out and just reverse all you attempts at getting out until you tire your self out for a submission or more GnP.

Having played Street FIghter 4 for the past couple of months and now this, I gotta say I am impressed. There are a lot of things they did right but after a couple weeks of playing it, I gotta say nice try, but you ain't no Street Fighter. Now, don't give me any bullshit saying this game is deeper or what not. The only thing that UFC 2009 does better than SF4 game mechanics wise is have a super kick ass tutorial so show everybody how "deep" the game is. To that I give them an applause and credit. However, this "deep" game is trounced by the lack of game balance. You could be winning a match and out of nowhere get suckered punched for a KO or get your throw revsersed for an instinct Flash submission even if you have full stamina bar. Honestly, there isn't much "skill" involved when everything boils down to twiching the right analog stick. Add to it the online is a game of who can mount the other person first (because even if you know what you're doing, if you get mounted its very hard to get out of), if I didn't have the damn connection error problem that never keeps track of my win/lose record.

But!!!!!! I will say there are some redeeming factors though, that does make this game good enough for a purchase if your friends are into it as well.
    The game is basically a big game of rock paper scissors, so spamming your knock out punch isn't going to do anything. The only real game of skill here is mindgames of rock paper scissors put to the theme of UFC and violence. Despite the fact that you don't have to have actual skill in doing the harder and instinct victory moves, it makes for great casual fun. I would definitaly not play online since since lag and people spamming instinct win moves are not a good combination, but I have bought the game and am still glad I did since I am having a blast with my friends.

///

The project that I have been working on since SF4 came out was of course writing up a guide for SF4. I started just taking random notes (while I played) here and there and before you know it, I have a skeleton to an actual guide. Then in week or two off after school ended, I used all my notes and put it in real words for all to see. I am still technically working on it since I have yet to finish all the characters and I would want to put the Pros @ work section in the similar vain to what I did with my previous guide.
    I hope you guys all love it, cause here comes the bad news.

My summer plans basically make it so that I cannot be in front of the computer or my PS3 as often as I was before. This means a somewhat goodbye to Giantbomb and gaming for a while as I would be lucky to be able to download the bombcast on a weekly basis even. I honestly don't know how many of you recognise this profile or care enough to miss me. Whether you agree with me or not, I had contributed and shared my love for the fighting game genre writing various guides and of course hosting the monthly PSN tournaments for SF4.

Well, at least until the end of summer there will not be another "Power of nothingness, Rage-quit demon...." tournament; so hopefully somebody takes the initiative and keep the PSN SF4 scene alive on Giant bomb by hosting thier own. Honestly its not that hard, all you need is an excel sheet to keep track of people and IMO league play (round robin) style is better than single or double elimination. Since anybody from all over the world can join these tournaments, lag will always be an issue hence going round robin by timezone (or if not that many people join and everybody has to play everybody) nobody would be eliminated in the first round placing them dead last when it was lag that killed them. Its an online tournament first of all so putting it in the same "hardcore" tournament setting as the real tournaments is IMO the wrong way to go. Treat it as a Bombing run and just tally up the scores at the end of the day to declare a winner. Even though I had only ran two GB tournaments (and yes we always seem to run into some problems), these are the lessons that I learned to bridge the gap so that even if you suck at the game, you will still have fun. Or crap all over my ideas and do it single elimination paring up people as far away as possible; as long some form of SF4 PSN community is alive I'll be happy.

Despite not having regular internet connection over the summer I will still continue to write the SF4 guide and update it when I can. Til then, time to hop off this perch and fly away; peace.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By StaticFalconar

Welcome to another perch of StaticFalconar.

Ever since my last blog of any kind, I have been working on a project that I've been putting off for too long and of course videogames.

///
    The biggest one as of late: UFC 2009

Having played Street FIghter 4 for the past couple of months and now this, I gotta say I am impressed. There are a lot of things they did right but after a couple weeks of playing it, I gotta say nice try, but you ain't no Street Fighter. Now, don't give me any bullshit saying this game is deeper or what not. The only thing that UFC 2009 does better than SF4 game mechanics wise is have a super kick ass tutorial so show everybody how "deep" the game is. To that I give them an applause and credit. However, this "deep" game is trounced by the lack of game balance. You could be winning a match and out of nowhere get suckered punched for a KO or get your throw revsersed for an instinct Flash submission even if you have full stamina bar. Honestly, there isn't much "skill" involved when everything boils down to twiching the right analog stick. Add to it the online is a game of who can mount the other person first (because even if you know what you're doing, if you get mounted its very hard to get out of), if I didn't have the damn connection error problem that never keeps track of my win/lose record.

But!!!!!! I will say there are some redeeming factors though, that does make this game good enough for a purchase if your friends are into it as well.
    The game is basically a big game of rock paper scissors, so spamming your knock out punch isn't going to do anything. The only real game of skill here is mindgames of rock paper scissors put to the theme of UFC and violence. Despite the fact that you don't have to have actual skill in doing the harder and instinct victory moves, it makes for great casual fun. I would definitaly not play online since since lag and people spamming instinct win moves are not a good combination, but I have bought the game and am still glad I did since I am having a blast with my friends.

///

The project that I have been working on since SF4 came out was of course writing up a guide for SF4. I started just taking random notes (while I played) here and there and before you know it, I have a skeleton to an actual guide. Then in week or two off after school ended, I used all my notes and put it in real words for all to see. I am still technically working on it since I have yet to finish all the characters and I would want to put the Pros @ work section in the similar vain to what I did with my previous guide.
    I hope you guys all love it, cause here comes the bad news.

My summer plans basically make it so that I cannot be in front of the computer or my PS3 as often as I was before. This means a somewhat goodbye to Giantbomb and gaming for a while as I would be lucky to be able to download the bombcast on a weekly basis even. I honestly don't know how many of you recognise this profile or care enough to miss me. Whether you agree with me or not, I had contributed and shared my love for the fighting game genre writing various guides and of course hosting the monthly PSN tournaments for SF4.

Well, at least until the end of summer there will not be another "Power of nothingness, Rage-quit demon...." tournament; so hopefully somebody takes the initiative and keep the PSN SF4 scene alive on Giant bomb by hosting thier own. Honestly its not that hard, all you need is an excel sheet to keep track of people and IMO league play (round robin) style is better than single or double elimination. Since anybody from all over the world can join these tournaments, lag will always be an issue hence going round robin by timezone (or if not that many people join and everybody has to play everybody) nobody would be eliminated in the first round placing them dead last when it was lag that killed them. Its an online tournament first of all so putting it in the same "hardcore" tournament setting as the real tournaments is IMO the wrong way to go. Treat it as a Bombing run and just tally up the scores at the end of the day to declare a winner. Even though I had only ran two GB tournaments (and yes we always seem to run into some problems), these are the lessons that I learned to bridge the gap so that even if you suck at the game, you will still have fun. Or crap all over my ideas and do it single elimination paring up people as far away as possible; as long some form of SF4 PSN community is alive I'll be happy.

Despite not having regular internet connection over the summer I will still continue to write the SF4 guide and update it when I can. Til then, time to hop off this perch and fly away; peace.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

Who's gonna host the PS3 SFIV tournies :'(

Any way, thanks for your contributions and good luck.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jeffsekai

Holy crap thats an awesome guide good work bro!

Sad to see you go man, gl with w.e. your doin with the summer

Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
    PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man UFC is the shits. all you gotta do is hope that one of your punches from any position is going to be a flash KO or that your opponent does something stupid like catch you punch and try to throw you for a flash submission. You just don't know deep gameplay when you see it. and whats this about you writing some guide, you ain't no Justin Wong, who the fuck are you to say how this game should be played, my lag swicth work just fine giving me wins and I ain't have to learn no fancy ass combos that take forvever practining to learn. Just liek Jeff says man, I just want to play the damn game fuck this learnin BS if i wanna leaarn ill go to skool.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By AndrewJD
    @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:
    " Man UFC is the shits. all you gotta do is hope that one of your punches from any position is going to be a flash KO or that your opponent does something stupid like catch you punch and try to throw you for a flash submission. You just don't know deep gameplay when you see it. and whats this about you writing some guide, you ain't no Justin Wong, who the fuck are you to say how this game should be played, my lag swicth work just fine giving me wins and I ain't have to learn no fancy ass combos that take forvever practining to learn. Just liek Jeff says man, I just want to play the damn game fuck this learnin BS if i wanna leaarn ill go to skool. "
    Awesomeness!!!
    Damotello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Damotello

I loved your first street fighter guide, I was okay beforehand but it really took my game to the next level, really looking forward to going through this.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Keeng

Enjoy your summer. Thanks for your contributions and all that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.