Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Local Tournament Play - Border Rumble 11/2009

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By yetiantics

This tourney happened way back in November. Our local champ "dragula96" was the one who took this tourney once again. I made it as far as the quarter finals until i was beaten BY "dragula96". haha. 

Here is my match with a Ken player and this is the only recorded match of mine because we experienced some difficulties with the camera. Mainly the battery. 

I do most of the commentating in the tourneys along with my cousin, DarKaoZ (Although in this video its DarKaoZ and Alex). This is our first forray into the world of documenting and commentating on, so cut us some slack. lol.  Do as the annotations say and volume it down if its too loud. That was one of the problems at my end, i didnt set up the volumes properly. 

You can see the rest of the matches at: 
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BorderRumble     

oh and Wish me luck at "Winter Brawls" (Feb 13, 2010)
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Thrawn1

all those low spiral arrow attacks were mostly unsafe but they worked so good for them lol. But usually people know how to block that and you'll be likely to get punished for a lot of stuff in that vid. Just something to keep in mind when you play against other people.

IMO cammy should be played like rufus....figure out out to do the instant cannon strike and treat that like rufus's dive kick and mix it up with the low kicksthat lead to combos and tick throws and then your cammy will become annoying as hell.

Here's an example. This is a guy I play with and he plays rushdown cammy all the time, no exceptions. It sometimes hurts him when he misses a link or lands a poorly timed cannon strike but whatever, you get the picture. BTW, the boxer player isn't me.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By turbomonkey138

Man its almost a different game when i watch torny play . Makes me realize how much of a big job i have to get better as guile . 

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By yetiantics
    @Thrawn:
    Psh, tell me about it.  

That footage seems so far away for me because... now i know better on a lot of things. Back then i never knew how to FADC moves properly. 

I watch this video now, and i say to myself. "I'd punish me there... and there... and there... especially there" lol
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Stang

That Ken was absolutely awful! You were a little unsafe, but against him it did not matter at all.

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Thrawn1
    @PantyshotMQN said:
    " @Thrawn: Psh, tell me about it.   That footage seems so far away for me because... now i know better on a lot of things. Back then i never knew how to FADC moves properly.  I watch this video now, and i say to myself. "I'd punish me there... and there... and there... especially there" lol "
    yeah there are some videos of me playing I've wanted to post but they are all old and make me look stupid
    Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

That was a pretty terrible Ken player, we should play sometime so you can see my almost okay Rufus/Dan.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.