Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Look at the damage! (My top 5 favorite things about Evo 2k9)

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By SpecialBuddy

Looking back at Evolution 2009 I have to say that it was a supreme event. Better that the Olympics. Better than the X Games. It might have been as well funded or even televised, but still seems like a complete success. I still go back to Ustream and watch all that action and even see stuff I didn't before. 

I have come up with my personal favorite moments. Im not talking whole matches but some of them are whole matches. All of these come straight from Ustream bookmarks, lucky me they had all my favorites, so if you click on one of the videos it will link you all of the videos. That being said I would say not to buy the IGN thing. This is free, that is not. 

5) "Dan from Japan" (Ryu) vs. Sanford (Cammy) This match just made me say, "Wow, thats some crazy Cammy!" Not only was Sanford's execution solid but also his psychic counters. The crowd also is sheer hype. 

4) The Evo Flowchart Ken

Its always great to see a crappy Ken. Now the Blanka he was fighting wasn't that great either, but whatever it made me laugh. 

3) Yeb's Amazing Match

Yeb is one of my favorite Gen players along with JibBo, this match beats out all of the matches JibBo had. The combo for the win in the second round made me want to stand up and cheer. 

3) STRAIGHT OF THE MATRIX!

In the match during the 5v5 team match for SF4 there were some great moments but the best for me is during the match before Saber and Alex V. When Saber does a tatsu over Alex's super Dogface gives one of the greatest lines ever. The whole match was great but that moment made me love it even more. 

1) LOOK AT THE DAMAGE...oh wait.

Triforce is one of the most annoying people in the fighting game sense. His commentary during the matches was the most annoying of the tourny. Iloveyou Joe hit a ultra on an Akuma player ( i dont remember his name) and Triforce seems to think Joes has it. Next thing you know Joe lost. All because he was being a dumbass. This moment is my favorite because it sure did shut Triforce up, and gives us one of the best quotes of Evo. 

Anyone else have any favorite moments? Post video if you can. I want to see them also.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SpecialBuddy

Looking back at Evolution 2009 I have to say that it was a supreme event. Better that the Olympics. Better than the X Games. It might have been as well funded or even televised, but still seems like a complete success. I still go back to Ustream and watch all that action and even see stuff I didn't before. 

I have come up with my personal favorite moments. Im not talking whole matches but some of them are whole matches. All of these come straight from Ustream bookmarks, lucky me they had all my favorites, so if you click on one of the videos it will link you all of the videos. That being said I would say not to buy the IGN thing. This is free, that is not. 

5) "Dan from Japan" (Ryu) vs. Sanford (Cammy) This match just made me say, "Wow, thats some crazy Cammy!" Not only was Sanford's execution solid but also his psychic counters. The crowd also is sheer hype. 

4) The Evo Flowchart Ken

Its always great to see a crappy Ken. Now the Blanka he was fighting wasn't that great either, but whatever it made me laugh. 

3) Yeb's Amazing Match

Yeb is one of my favorite Gen players along with JibBo, this match beats out all of the matches JibBo had. The combo for the win in the second round made me want to stand up and cheer. 

3) STRAIGHT OF THE MATRIX!

In the match during the 5v5 team match for SF4 there were some great moments but the best for me is during the match before Saber and Alex V. When Saber does a tatsu over Alex's super Dogface gives one of the greatest lines ever. The whole match was great but that moment made me love it even more. 

1) LOOK AT THE DAMAGE...oh wait.

Triforce is one of the most annoying people in the fighting game sense. His commentary during the matches was the most annoying of the tourny. Iloveyou Joe hit a ultra on an Akuma player ( i dont remember his name) and Triforce seems to think Joes has it. Next thing you know Joe lost. All because he was being a dumbass. This moment is my favorite because it sure did shut Triforce up, and gives us one of the best quotes of Evo. 

Anyone else have any favorite moments? Post video if you can. I want to see them also.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SpecialBuddy

I just noticed that the highlight links are not working. There are little circles at the bottom of each video that will take you to them. Just look for the one that matches my discription. The yeb one is fine. Its the first match of the video.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Stang

Yeah that Ken was absolute trash. Way to represent asshole!

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Discorsi

Dude that phrase "LOOK AT DA DAMAGE" was stuck in my head for a good couple weeks after evo.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stang

Ok, I just watched that Yeb match. I think I have played you enough Mr. Hedgehog to conclude that guy really doesn't have shit on you. His hand combos were sloppy compared to yours in my opinion. I haven't seen a lot of footage of the guy to be honest, but nothing he does impresses me after playing you so many times.

You can send the ass kissing money to my paypal account. :p

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Jeffsekai

This Evo was the first one I've ever watched and im so glad I did it was amazing seeing all this happen at (sometimes) 4 am yet I remember it all from Yebs crazy Gen to Sabers Sakura it was perfect. I agree 100% that it was better than the olympics so much hype just for some 2-d fighter its amazing. I'm also really happy with the IGN footage that I've been getting worth the 15$ for sure, and best of all I'm support next years Evo.

Finally, that dude who was all "look at the damage" is nothing more than Justin Wongs and iloveyoujoes (and others) sponsor type dude correct? Therefore he has no reaosn so be there and he's even more of a twat.

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Flushes

Yeah, Sabre uncorking that mixup on Valle was the highlight of the entire thing. Another good one not on this list was Juicebox beating Joe's Sagat, complete with Juicebox acting out the ultra.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By lordofultima
    @Stang: You're talking about Yeb you know..canned is not there yet. Your forward medium kicks would probably come out as shoryukens with all that evo pressure on you.
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Renahzor

ahhhh the videos!  my poor PC!  

Lol!  I love the evo matches.  Most of them were just really great to watch.  That sakura air reset mixup is pretty nasty, I was trying to figure out how he was pulling it off, but i don't have the execution speed to really even try.  That and he does the jumping kick air reset in the corner and i cant get it to land,  bah!!!  There are so many good matches on those videos its hard to pick one!  :)

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @lordofultima said:

"@Stang: You're talking about Yeb you know..canned is not there yet. Your forward medium kicks would probably come out as shoryukens with all that evo pressure on you. "

Ya im going to have to agree with Ultima here Stang. Yeb plays at a higher level than me because of what he does in certain situations not because of combos. I can do thoughs combos no problem, but I dont know what to do in certain situations.Yeb does. I could get to that level some day but for now Im still getting used to Gens matchups.

As for how I would play under the pressure of evo Ultima. I think I would do ok. I find I make better decisions under pressure. I do things that I usually wouldn't do and they seem to work. Never the less I would still get my ass kicked.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Stang: You're talking about Yeb you know..canned is not there yet. Your forward medium kicks would probably come out as shoryukens with all that evo pressure on you. "
    My forward medium kicks come out as srks on Live! Shit, I would probably piss myself and then run to the corner and curl up like a ball if I was at evo.

@SpecialBuddy said:
    " @lordofultima said:

"@Stang: You're talking about Yeb you know..canned is not there yet. Your forward medium kicks would probably come out as shoryukens with all that evo pressure on you. "

Ya im going to have to agree with Ultima here Stang. Yeb plays at a higher level than me because of what he does in certain situations not because of combos. I can do thoughs combos no problem, but I dont know what to do in certain situations.Yeb does. I could get to that level some day but for now Im still getting used to Gens matchups.

As for how I would play under the pressure of evo Ultima. I think I would do ok. I find I make better decisions under pressure. I do things that I usually wouldn't do and they seem to work. Never the less I would still get my ass kicked.

"

Can you please still send me my kiss ass money? Thanks.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Scooper

Thanks for getting me all excited about EVO9 again. These matches are fucking great. It just shows how much mass-appeal SFIV has and rightly so, it really puts on a show. Those are some fantastic moments, I loved watching them all again.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

*Joe is about to make awesome comeback* I LOVE YOU JOE!! 

*sees Joe royally fuck up* FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lordofultima

Under pressure I do 7 times as bad, exactly 7. But yeah, I find more these days the stuff I take from videos and am impressed by is the simple stuff like spacing, fireball zoning, and TEH MINDGAMES.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Brake

Unfortunately I can't provide a video, but if you got the IGN Insider thing going you can catch it there. They just uploaded the SFIV semis and Ed Ma (Akuma) vs Evil Rashaan (Seth/C.Viper) is just insane! Tricks, comebacks, surprises, ultras...anything you could possibly want from a SFIV match.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lordofultima
    @ChineseTea: I'll give you my mailing address, you burn these to dvds and ship them out. Capiche?
    Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Brake
    @lordofultima: Haha, woudln't it be easier to shell out $14.95?
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @ChineseTea: Could you link that please? I do have the IGN thing and for some reason it wont work. Maybe you found it a different way.
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheFreeMan

Man, I saw "straight out of the Matrix" when it was happening live and I was blown away. Laughing my ass off, great stuff......that combo was damn vicious. I didn't see "look at the damage!" live though, although I wish I had.....I probably would have fallen off my chair. Just the guy's voice is funny enough.

eyehook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By eyehook
    @SpecialBuddy:
    Hey, thanks for posting these.  It really got me into watching SFIV videos, and subsequently I have learned a lot!  (And, yeah, "look at the DAMAGE!" is hilarious.)
    Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Brake

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.