Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Noob's Guide To Seth - Arcade Mode

TheMissingNin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheMissingNin

Thought It would be a good idea to put all stragegies in one place. I'm pretty noob at all this, so feel free to tell me I'm completely wrong.

I've been playing for the last hour and a half, as Ryu, to beat this sonovabitch and I've got his first "form" down. Basically, I do my spinny kick and spam some grabs when he gets up - I get about two out of him, before I retreat a bit and then go into it again.

The problem comes in his second form. I just really don't know what to do - I've tried the above strategy again, but he just keeps blocking or like reverses my grabs, which I didn't think possible. His sucky - literally - super move doesn't seem to be much of a problem

Playing on medium, I could probably handle it on easy, but why the hell would I? I don't get an achievement for that.

Also, I haven't seen anyone make the comparison between Seth and the arcade boss from DoA4 - both teleport, both are science experiments made from the collated data of world fighters, Both Teleport, both are Mr Manhattan Blue, both are gigantic cuntholes.

So please dump your strategies here and help some noobs out, please mention characters, specific moves, and ofcourse cheap moves against him :)

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kratos81

Seth annoys me, he is no fun to play against. He is fucking cheap all he does is spam. I just put the game on 1 round easy to unlock all the characters. I dont see the point in playing against seth more then 1 round. You can get all the achievements/trophies playing that way. 

TheMissingNin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheMissingNin
    Kratos81 said:
    "Seth annoys me, he is no fun to play against. He is fucking cheap all he does is spam. I just put the game on 1 round easy to unlock all the characters. I dont see the point in playing against seth more then 1 round. You can get all the achievements/trophies playing that way. "
    Do you unlock the "complete arcade mode on medium" acievement with the one round settings?  characters too? If so, freaking win!
    DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    TheMissingNin said:
    "Kratos81 said:
    "Seth annoys me, he is no fun to play against. He is fucking cheap all he does is spam. I just put the game on 1 round easy to unlock all the characters. I dont see the point in playing against seth more then 1 round. You can get all the achievements/trophies playing that way. "
    Do you unlock the "complete arcade mode on medium" acievement with the one round settings?  characters too? If so, freaking win!
    "
    Yes.
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By AndrewJD

You can unlock the characters by playing through on any setting and any round limit. But when you set it to 1 round on medium Seth plays like he does in the second round of a first to 2, so he's just as hard.

My advice on beating him on medium is (if u play as Ryu or similar) spam a few hadoukens of differing power and speed so its not too easy for him to jump over them. Keep your distance so he cant use his Dhalsim like low lunge, then when he teleports hit him with a low kick and then dragon punch him. If you've got any bars charged on your super go for an EX version. Don't bother waiting for a full super though (especially if you play 1 round as it won't have time to charge up fully), just use your ultra if you get the chance to.

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By makari

Spacing is key to beating Seth if you're new to Street Fighter, I feel. A lot of the time he falls into a routine: Sonic Boom spam, walljump toward you, spinning piledriver, tele around as you're getting up, he ends up behind you and spinning piledrivers you again, etc etc... If you space well enough to stay out of range of spinning piledrivers when he jumps in on you (which he does alot if you just jump over his sonic boom spam or reply with your own fireball spam) or are quick enough to jab him out of it or intercept him in the air, you can punish him real easy with some simple combos like the one mubress mentioned. If you're new to Street Fighter and are paranoid you won't pull them off on a dime, a sweep will do the trick, but you should practice simple bread and butter combos anyway, since you'll be fighting Seth alot to unlock characters and he is a nice practice target on working on your reaction/punishing game, since if you whiff things or make poor defensive decisions, he's gonna put the pain on you regardless of difficulty.

On lower difficulties, putting him on his arse can spell defeat to him since the AI is too retarded to block sweeps and roundhouses when he gets up, and as long as you mix up the two you can take huge chunks of his hp away by repeating this. Staying on the defensive (holding down/back to crouch block) for too long will eventually end up with him tele'ing behind you and spinning piledriver'ing your arse, and jumping in on him is not recommended unless you know your aerial priorities, since he'll always counter with a dragon punch or EX dragon punch (and then tele behind you and spinning piledriver you...). If you get him in the corner, moves that maintain their hitboxes (like Blanka's electricity) can mince him pretty well on lower difficulties, and he generally lets horizontal moves like Sakura's EX-dragon punch through without need for much setup, if any.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Demilich

Unlike Ryu and Ken, who always Shoryuken your ass if you jump at them, Seth seems to be 50 - 50 when you approach from the air. The way I beat him on Hardest was to jump in with a hard kick, follow with a hard sweep kick then back off and do it again. I still had to use my ultra, but I won.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Snail

I think there are too many threads on SFIV...

TheMissingNin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheMissingNin
    Snail said:
    "I think there are too many threads on SFIV...
    "
    ....Isn't this the SFIV Forum??? :D

mubress said:
    "You can unlock the characters by playing through on any setting and any round limit. But when you set it to 1 round on medium Seth plays like he does in the second round of a first to 2, so he's just as hard.

My advice on beating him on medium is (if u play as Ryu or similar) spam a few hadoukens of differing power and speed so its not too easy for him to jump over them. Keep your distance so he cant use his Dhalsim like low lunge, then when he teleports hit him with a low kick and then dragon punch him. If you've got any bars charged on your super go for an EX version. Don't bother waiting for a full super though (especially if you play 1 round as it won't have time to charge up fully), just use your ultra if you get the chance to.
    "

Good to know - certainly makes getting the 'chevements a bit quicker. I'll try out that strategy tomorrow - I don't have the heart to try again today.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Snail
    TheMissingNin said:
    "Snail said:
    "I think there are too many threads on SFIV..."
    ....Isn't this the SFIV Forum??? :D"
    Yeah well, whatever.

I just think they leave little room for other threads, but nevermind.
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Demilich

Too many SFIV threads. Ha. You should see /v/. If there isn't at least 3 on page 1 something is wrong.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Snail
    Demilich said:
    "Too many SFIV threads. Ha. You should see /v/. If there isn't at least 3 on page 1 something is wrong."
    Dem? You're an anon?

So that's where you've been all this time!
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Demilich

I guess you could say that's where I've been. I can only handle this place in short bursts.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Snail
    Demilich said:
    "I guess you could say that's where I've been. I can only handle this place in short bursts."
    Because we're too awesome?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.