Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Pumped about PC version!

aegis_and_pred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By aegis_and_pred

I love capcom for including us PC gamers in the mix ON A FRIGGIN FIGHTING GAME!!!  If this is HALF as awesome as the Devil May Cry 4 port I will gladly spend my money on it. 

Street Fighter on the FREAKIN PC! ... my mind has oficially been blown ...

mbmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mbmonk

I think the arcade machine that SF4 is on is basically a computer. I think the OS is something like WinXP light. So The PC version could, in theory, be the most authentic version of SF4. By authentic I mean closest to the arcade. I am just wondering how they are going to handle online play and match making on the PC. But I am excited that it's coming to the PC.

mariussmit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By mariussmit

It would be so rad if they bundled the PC version with an arcade controller. Hell I'd buy one for everybody I know!

sizu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By sizu

The last decent SF game on the PC was a conversion of Super Street Fighter II Turbo.  Now that was a while off.

After the recent communication from Capcom regarding PC releases due to the piracy of DMC4 its maybe fair to say that this release is no longer guaranteed.  A shame, but fighters are more suited on the console.  I'll be getting the PS3 version I reckon.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Vaxadrin

Their game engine that SF4, Bionic Commando, Lost Planet, DMC4, and Dead Rising is made with is actually a PC engine that's made to compile for 360 & PS3.  This is yet another of many reasons Capcom is above & beyond everyone else this generation.

gemlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gemlock

I was surprised to know that SFIV is coming onto the PC...a welcome surprise for sure.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By DualReaver

If this is bundled with a arcade style controller, I'll be picking this up for sure.

AEKtzis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AEKtzis

yeah me to. I hope the system requirements are not too high.

quadomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By quadomatic

I can't wait for this either. I also forgot about DMC4. I should get that...

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Hamz

I never knew it was coming to the PC but this news is pretty awesome, i think i'll be picking it up for sure!

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SpecTackle

The DMC4 port was pretty spectacular. Capcom has been doing well for awhile now.

Free2game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Free2game
    sizu said:
    "The last decent SF game on the PC was a conversion of Super Street Fighter II Turbo.  Now that was a while off.

After the recent communication from Capcom regarding PC releases due to the piracy of DMC4 its maybe fair to say that this release is no longer guaranteed.  A shame, but fighters are more suited on the console.  I'll be getting the PS3 version I reckon."

The funny thing about piracy is that publishers don't really lose money because of it, because the companies that make anti-piracy software are liable, they can have a suit against them for the lost potential revenue. Hell they're probably earning money, because not all of the people who pirate games were ever going to buy them in the first place. The companies that make the software don't lose money either because it's all ensured.
    SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By SSbabel

Fighting games on a PC = terrible.

Zer0_graves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zer0_graves
    Predasus said:
    "I love capcom for including us PC gamers in the mix ON A FRIGGIN FIGHTING GAME!!!  If this is HALF as awesome as the Devil May Cry 4 port I will gladly spend my money on it. 

Street Fighter on the FREAKIN PC! ... my mind has oficially been blown ..."
    lmao even though his post is almost 2 months old, his avatar picture suits his post very well.
    luffylol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By luffylol
    SSbabel said:
    "Fighting games on a PC = terrible."
    The 360 Controller on a PC, works perfectly I have heard. So why not? Put the game on your laptop, play in 1600x1200 with +60 FPS, and your good to go!?
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Linkyshinks
    luffylol said:
    "SSbabel said:
    "Fighting games on a PC = terrible."
    The 360 Controller on a PC, works perfectly I have heard. So why not? Put the game on your laptop, play in 1600x1200 with +60 FPS, and your good to go!?"

The Dpad is lame but there are a vast array of alternatives, including a 360 Joystick.

When Microsoft finally release that new 360 pad with a improved D pad, it should be awesome. Or perhaps you may want one of the new 360 SF Joysticks that will be released alongside the game.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Why would you play a fighter on the pc?  The whole point of fighting games is going head to head against someone in the same room.

Anyway, about the d-pad, you don't really use it for any fighting game, just use the thumbstick.  D-pads are really only better on 2d things wiht stiff animations i find

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#20  Edited By wefwefasdf

I would get it for the PC except my graphics card isn't the best and it will look better on my 360.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.