Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Ryu Trial Mode (Hard) #2

n8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By n8

has anyone been able to pull this with a PS3 controller?

is Everyone using sticks to do this shit?  I've been playing street fighter since i was in 3rd grade, but never really played with a stick..

now i'm starting to think, for some of this:

focus attack
    dash
    plexus strike
    crouch fierce punch
    fierce punch shoryuken
    metsu hadouken

business...  its nearly impossible to pull with a pad..

or maybe theres just sand in my vagina?  thoughts?

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Luke

I did this one with the PS3 Pad, as MadCatz screwed me over (and thousands of others) with getting me my TE FightStick, even though I pre-ordered it well in advanced.

Anyway, you can do this one in a corner.  Your Focus Attack has to be held long enough to knock Dan down.  As soon as it hits, Dash Cancel forward and then press Forward + Fierce / Down + Fierce... then roll that corner of your pad tapping Fierce like a madman :p

You'll get it soon enough... but then you'll have to do #3, which is even hard than this one.  Good luck!

n8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By n8

Ugh...

Thanks man.

I will keep trying..  I guess I've just got sand in my vagina..  ;-(

And yeah..  I will likely be waiting until April for my TE stick as well...  =/   Not much interest in spending >retail from eBay/Amazon douches...

n8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By n8

UPDATE:

There is no longer sand in my mangina!

I got Hard Trial #2 finally..  and then immediately got #3 and #4.  (I still think #2 is harder than #3...  for me anyway.  The FADC into Ultra business is getting easier and easier all the time).

Took me a solid hour to commit #5 to muscle memory, but I finally got that.  Rockin' the rad square headed Ryu icons now.   :-D

Kk I'm done gloating now.   Cheers!

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Keeng

I was just about to ask you how good you were at Focus Attack Dash Cancelling because that's really the toughest part of it (well that into the Plexus strike). But anywho, you did it and you're the man so congrats!

Edit: Add me on PSN and one of us will beat the crap out of the other online. PSN: Keeng.
    n8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By n8

@Keeng,

K CAN DO, thanks!

I'll add you up at somepoint..  im getting drunk tonight tho.   :-)

PSN:  Silyn8

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.