Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Show your fightstick!

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By AURON570
    @EvilGreenDevil said:
    " Here's some artwork I had lying around. I added it with some cut plexi glass. You can't tell (stupid iPhone) but the ball is actually a mesh ball. Also the bezel/rim is not attached because i was in the process of painting it white. 

Damn I wish I had crazy artwork just lying around >.> Stupid question, what is the difference between regular and mesh ball tops?
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @EvilGreenDevil said:
    " Here's some artwork I had lying around. I added it with some cut plexi glass. You can't tell (stupid iPhone) but the ball is actually a mesh ball. Also the bezel/rim is not attached because i was in the process of painting it white.  

No Caption Provided
    "
    How do you just have that lying around!
    EvilGreenDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#103  Edited By EvilGreenDevil
    @Jeffsekai: haha it was saved on my computer for a while but never had it printed (also there was a little sarcasm in my post). I like it but it's a little too busy for my taste. I just posted new pics in my profile 

@AURON570: absolutely nothing. The pictures from the store i bought them made them look pretty sweet but up close you can barely see the mesh pattern. It's probably because the one I have is white. If you click on the link and see the other colors, it shows up a lot better. 
    Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104  Edited By Kiemoe

I've got a quick question about fightsticks. I've been thinking about getting one (Probably PS3) and having my dad paint it (He's an airbrush artist for a living). Is there any fight stick that would be best for this kind of thing? I suppose it would be better if it was metal, but plastic isn't a big deal. My real question is really just what would the pros/ cons of getting a specific fight stick be? I hope I'm not hijacking, just thought this would be the best place to ask. Thanks everyone!

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By Scullinator

I use a Hori EX2 stick.  I think the buttons and stick feel good, no real need to replace but I think a revamp of the artwork would inspire me to play with it more. Even though I only really play fighting games with it I would love to find some artwork from the Ninja Turtles Arcade game.  (my favorite arcade game of all time)

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#106  Edited By lordofultima
    @Kiemoe said:
    " I've got a quick question about fightsticks. I've been thinking about getting one (Probably PS3) and having my dad paint it (He's an airbrush artist for a living). Is there any fight stick that would be best for this kind of thing? I suppose it would be better if it was metal, but plastic isn't a big deal. My real question is really just what would the pros/ cons of getting a specific fight stick be? I hope I'm not hijacking, just thought this would be the best place to ask. Thanks everyone! "
    TE is the only option as far as I'm concerned. Plastic is also easier to paint than metal, IMO.
    Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Scullinator

The TE stick is very nice, is it much better than the hori in terms of feel?  The TE is a square joystick gate right?

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108  Edited By Kiemoe
    @lordofultima: cool, thanks for the reply!
    EvilGreenDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By EvilGreenDevil
    @Scullinator:
    Yes the TE is pretty much the best bang for your buck when you think about it. The feel is as good as its really going to get for something right out of the box. The Sanwa buttons it comes with are the kind anyone else would be buying when they are modding their stick. As for the gate, yes it's square but its very easily replacable with an octagonal gate (only $5). It's as simple as opening the case with 6 screws and swapping the gate.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I want to get into SF4 myself, but I can't use the controller to play at all.  I was wondering if the fightpad was much better (at least reliable at pulling off specials and stuff) , or if I should just wait awhile until I can afford a fightstick.  Thanks in advance!

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Scullinator

cant speak from personal experience but i have read in a few places to day that they fight pads dont hold up. 

http://www.giantbomb.com/street-fighter-iv/61-20456/screw-madcatz/35-387062/#13

I understand MadCatz did a great job on the TE stick but I have never associated their brand with quality in the past.

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Scullinator said:
    " cant speak from personal experience but i have read in a few places to day that they fight pads dont hold up.    http://www.giantbomb.com/street-fighter-iv/61-20456/screw-madcatz/35-387062/#13  I understand MadCatz did a great job on the TE stick but I have never associated their brand with quality in the past. "
    I see, thanks!  So I guess just save up for the TE stick?  Or is there a cheaper option?
    Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#113  Edited By Heartagram
    @xobballox:
    I have both a fightpad and The TE Stick. I am in no way a pro but i think both can be useful for certain characters. If you want to play Zangief especially you need a fight stick the supers are just way too hard to pull off on a fightpad.  

I have had no troubles with either of them breaking.
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Heartagram said:
    " @xobballox: I have both a fightpad and The TE Stick. I am in no way a pro but i think both can be useful for certain characters. If you want to play Zangief especially you need a fight stick the supers are just way too hard to pull off on a fightpad.   I have had no troubles with either of them breaking. "
    Cool, thanks.  I may get a fightpad and try that out, I'm not very rough on controllers.  The main thing I'm worried about on the fightpads are the D-pads, they look very similar to the 360 D-pad, are they more accurate than the 360's D-pad?
    Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#115  Edited By Heartagram
    @xobballox said:
    " @Heartagram said:
    " @xobballox: I have both a fightpad and The TE Stick. I am in no way a pro but i think both can be useful for certain characters. If you want to play Zangief especially you need a fight stick the supers are just way too hard to pull off on a fightpad.   I have had no troubles with either of them breaking. "
    Cool, thanks.  I may get a fightpad and try that out, I'm not very rough on controllers.  The main thing I'm worried about on the fightpads are the D-pads, they look very similar to the 360 D-pad, are they more accurate than the 360's D-pad? "
    They are way way way better.  

They are raised a bit more than the 360 pad and about twice the size. 

Its a great controller i used it for MK3 on the XBLA a bit and i liked it.  

I like having the 6 buttons on the face as well and of course you have your turbo buttons.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#116  Edited By Pessh
    @xobballox said:
    " @Heartagram said:
    Cool, thanks.  I may get a fightpad and try that out, I'm not very rough on controllers.  The main thing I'm worried about on the fightpads are the D-pads, they look very similar to the 360 D-pad, are they more accurate than the 360's D-pad? "
    Fightpad's suck, they may work well for a while but they'll break on you at some point. It's not rare for them to be broken straight out of the box.
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys, I think I've decided to wait a few months and save up for the TE stick.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#118  Edited By Pessh
    @xobballox: Good choice.
    thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By thegoldencat7

I use one of these with a PS2/3 converter. 
    Only lost once since I've started using it. 
    The fact I've only used it once is neither here nor there.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#120  Edited By AniMoney
    @thegoldencat7: With that logic I am undefeated on PS3. 

Edit: In case anyone is interested, Amazon has the TE's for $99, today only. 

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/2/4/one-day-amazon-deal-mad-cats-te-fightstick-33-off-9899.html    
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By lordofultima
    @RiotBananas said:
    " You guys take your "Fight Sticks" pretty seriously, huh? "
    Welcome to the club. Pix please
    Alpharudy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Alpharudy1

Sup guys, just wanted to show off some of my SE's. Cowboy Bebop, Fooly Cooly and El Fuerte themed sticks I made. All parts are Sanwa except the clear buttons, those are Seimitsu.

Love this part in the first episode so i decided to turn it into the art
     Love this part in the first episode so i decided to turn it into the art

Had to do this for my favorite anime
     Had to do this for my favorite anime

No Caption Provided

Made this for a friend
     Made this for a friend

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By foodchaiNN

This is my custom stick by control freaks and I have a TE stick as well. This is kinda my side that stick that works and feels just as good as the TE stick if not better. I will begin working on my TE design & mods soon.. just trying to decide on what colour scheme to use.
     This is my custom stick by control freaks and I have a TE stick as well. This is kinda my side that stick that works and feels just as good as the TE stick if not better. I will begin working on my TE design & mods soon.. just trying to decide on what colour scheme to use.
    Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Scullinator

Looking for some unique Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (my favorite fighting game) art to inspire me to do my own stick mod.  

Question:  Is the Hori EX2 easy to mod.  What type of parts are in this stick already?  do I really need to replace the stick too?  I like the square gate but the ball I could change for color scheme.

Thanks .

EvilGreenDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By EvilGreenDevil
    @Scullinator said:

"Looking for some unique Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (my favorite fighting game) art to inspire me to do my own stick mod.    Question:  Is the Hori EX2 easy to mod.  What type of parts are in this stick already?  do I really need to replace the stick too?  I like the square gate but the ball I could change for color scheme.  Thanks . "

I posed above (and the rest of the pics are in my profile) I have a modded EX2. I'll be 100% honest and say that the mod is a lot more work than is needed. At the time I did it, it was when SF4 just came out and sticks were few and far bewtween. The parts that are in the EX2 are pretty much garbage, I felt as though the buttons were way too sticky and not responsive. I used this guide to swap out the stock buttons for some SanwaOBSF-30s. The hard part was all the soldering that's involved with getting the Sanwa's to connect to the PCB already in the Hori EX2.  

My suggestion, save your trouble and just get a SE or TE stick. The SE is better out of the box than the EX2 and is a lot easier to mod if you chose to later on. The TE is just great all around and super simple to change. Let me know if you need any help, should you want to attempt modding the EX2.  
    Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Necrotrophic

No Caption Provided

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg270/necrotroph/stickiery.jpg?t=1266266318

another picture of it where you can see how  blue it actually is 

not perfect but i dig it. I tried typing this like 4  times and it never went through lol
    yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#128  Edited By yetiantics

Template i just completed. Going on my TE soon. 
    EDIT: It's a JPEG which rapes the quality. Seems GB has some problems with PNGs right now.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PantyshotMQN: I really like what you've done. The colour/fonts are pretty cool. Only thing I would say is it seems a little busy. I'd personally drop the Capcom/SSf4 bits, but that's just me. Good job.

Edit: I'd probably shift your name to the bottom right in their place, but then it may seem a little sparse in the middle...
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Coombs

Good Stuff, I just ordered my parts. 
    Now I just need some woodworking tools because the box I'm going to be using until I do is a beast.
    Something along these lines....

No Caption Provided
    yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By yetiantics
    @GetEveryone:
    Hmm... youre probably right.  
    While i do not agree with the placement suggestions, i do agree that it looks a bit cluttered. Perhaps the Capcom logo can go...  and i can put my name on the top right hand corner instead. I really don't want it intersecting the picture as much as it already is. lol.
    Thanks for the critique, dude! =)
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#132  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @PantyshotMQN: But why insist on putting the SSFIV logo?  Are you only ever going to use your arcade stick for that one game?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    A pretty rudimentary MS paint job, but I think this looks a lot cleaner. The pattern remains at the top; the space is taken up evenly at the bottom. Obviously the pattern around where your name is wouldn't be murdered like I've done here. I may steal the aesthetic you've gone for. I think its pretty sweet :)
    LeetBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By LeetBalla

Seimitsu sticks are best.

No Caption Provided
    And my dog, who likes to watch me play Street Fighter.

No Caption Provided
    yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By yetiantics
    @FluxWaveZ:  Good freaking point... to be honest. Thanks!

@GetEveryone:  After reading Flux's comment, that does seem like a good idea now. Thanks again!
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#136  Edited By Rhaknar

im jelous of all of you... i really need to get a stick, hopefully with ssf4 >_<

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PantyshotMQN: No problemo, Panties. I'll post mine here soon as I'm done with it.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Rhaknar

how easy is it to customize those TE sticks with those faceplates? Im guessing you can just print them out? Any good website with them, kinda feel like checking out some now... probably will tip me over to finally buying one >_>

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rhaknar: Its not very hard. I'll link you to Shoryuken in a mo for the templates. Having Photoshop helps a lot, but there are communities out there willing to help if you haven't the necessary skills/tools to do it yourself. Finding suitable pictures of the right resolution is the hardest part.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Rhaknar
    @GetEveryone said:
    " @Rhaknar: Its not very hard. I'll link you to Shoryuken in a mo for the templates. Having Photoshop helps a lot, but there are communities out there willing to help if you haven't the necessary skills/tools to do it yourself. Finding suitable pictures of the right resolution is the hardest part. "
    yeah i thought of checking shoryuken... seems they all do it themselves, which is quite impressive. I have 0 photoshop skills so ill never customize mine if / when i get one. Some of those guys are crazy (and i mean that with all respect heh)
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By lordofultima

Got my second TE yesterday morning, since I needed one for PS3 and didn't feel like spending the man hours to dual-mod my current one. It's a Marvel TE and was only $99 at GameStop, since they're selling them discounted for some reason. Anywho, since I'm going to Final Round in March and they play on PS3, I figured I'd switch out my panel/artwork/plexi/hardware, putting the custom stuff on the PS3 stick. This way I get to show off its dope-ness come FRXIII. So the result is a transplant of an Xbox 360 stick, with the PS3 Marvel TE panel (you can see the button insignias, X, O, etc.) 

I'm already thinking of giving the new/old stick similar treatment, maybe making my artwork and hardware blue this time, so it matches the PS3 custom but feels fresh.
    Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Scullinator

I just got the Marvel vs. Capcom TE stick too but I just got it Monday.  Gamestop just jacked the price back up to $140.  I love this stick.  It needs not mod, the artwork is beautiful.

Question about the TE sticks??????  Do you play with the switch put on the Left Analog stick or the D pad?

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#143  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @lordofultima: man that Mod you did on your first TE was awesome . I watched your video about it :) I think ill jsut stick to the good old Vanilla SE fight stick
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By lordofultima
    @turbomonkey138: The Marvel TE is almost ready to be modded the same way, just blue instead of red.
    yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By yetiantics
    @lordofultima:
    hey LOU, would you really recommend the plexi's done by Art's Hobbies? Im just double checking the quality of the product due to the price.
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#146  Edited By gla55jAw
    @PantyshotMQN said:
    " @lordofultima: hey LOU, would you really recommend the plexi's done by Art's Hobbies? Im just double checking the quality of the product due to the price. "
    Yes his plexi and art cuts are awesome.
    yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By yetiantics

Alright, Ordered and in a few weeks, i should have a full on custom TE with new art. 

Here's the final draft.  

Yeah, I changed my handle to YetiAntics. long story behind the name...

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By lordofultima
    @PantyshotMQN: plexi is awesome with art, definitely not disappointed with the work he's done. I'm a return customer.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @PantyshotMQN said:
    " Alright, Ordered and in a few weeks, i should have a full on custom TE with new art. 

Here's the final draft.  

No Caption Provided
    Yeah, I changed my handle to YetiAntics. long story behind the name...      "
    That looks awesome
    Pappasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Pappasman

No Caption Provided
    I just finished this last night.  those are sanwa buttons and i ordered a snawa stick today.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.