Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

SSF4 new stage revealed - India!

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2009/11/19/super-street-fighter-4-new-india-stage-revealed.html

shows at 50 seconds in when seth starts talking. Looks pretty damn nice, i wish they went back to the "each character has its own background" style. So there ya go, hopefully this isnt "youtube spam" :D

seth also mentions there will be news of new character(s) "very soon". Hopefully some SF3 character so fans can rest easy finally heh

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Plasma

3s characters. Yes please.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By beargirl1

sweetness. i have also become incredibly addicted to SF IV again.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Plasma said:
    " 3s characters. Yes please. "
    the famous "leaked" list from some months ago (which had Juri in it before she was revealed) had dudley, makoto and ibuki in it

and at some french convention, Ono did a panel, and when asked about 3s characters the audience screamed dudle and makoto, and he replied "one of the characters you shouted is in" or something like that.. Capcom needs to reveal more and fast. the VGAs might have some sort of reveal trailer, but thats only in december 12th >_>
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @Plasma said:
    Capcom is just taking this time to reenforce thier walls to brace for the impact of all the 3s fans out there that will orgasm when they finally announce some 3s characters.
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Enough with the SFII fan service, SFIII characters need to be apart of the game!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CL60

My SF4 broke and I dunno if I should buy another copy or wait for SSF4, it's killing me D:

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By skrutop

Yeah, I'm very optimistic about it as well; I'm curious to see how much the Ultra system is changed.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SpecialBuddy

That list that was leaked was kind of stupid. No one wants Adon and I seriously doubt they would put Cody in when they could better, more popular characters like Rolento in. I wouldn't mind the 3S characters on that list but I don't think Ibuki would make it in. Dudley is the man and should make it in no doubt. I wouldn't mind Makoto but I think there are better 3S characters than Ibuki for story reasons and for feel of the cast.

also on a side note could you please link that video were Ono says that one of those would make it in. I kind of would like to see it.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rhaknar
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " That list that was leaked was kind of stupid. No one wants Adon and I seriously doubt they would put Cody in when they could better, more popular characters like Rolento in. I wouldn't mind the 3S characters on that list but I don't think Ibuki would make it in. Dudley is the man and should make it in no doubt. I wouldn't mind Makoto but I think there are better 3S characters than Ibuki for story reasons and for feel of the cast.  also on a side note could you please link that video were Ono says that one of those would make it in. I kind of would like to see it. "
    the ono thing was from the shoryuken boards, sorry. i didnt see it myself :(
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Rhaknar: No problem. I guess I just wait for the official announcement. :P
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rhaknar
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " @Rhaknar: No problem. I guess I just wait for the official announcement. :P "
    i actually feel kinda bad now cause I hate using shit that I didnt see myself...well, you obviously know the list im talking about anyway,s o at least that.
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " That list that was leaked was kind of stupid. No one wants Adon and I seriously doubt they would put Cody in when they could better, more popular characters like Rolento in. I wouldn't mind the 3S characters on that list but I don't think Ibuki would make it in. Dudley is the man and should make it in no doubt. I wouldn't mind Makoto but I think there are better 3S characters than Ibuki for story reasons and for feel of the cast.  also on a side note could you please link that video were Ono says that one of those would make it in. I kind of would like to see it. "
    Who goes to say that Rolento is very popular? And what makes you so sure that no one wants Adon? If you think about it, every SF game, no scarp that, every fighting game had characters that are not the most popular, but they make it in anyways. Capcom likes to put some characters that don't get much attention, and I don't mind that.

Also, I hate when some people ask for characters that they are not gonna take seriously because their personal mains (Which is pretty much Ken or Ryu) is already in the game. Like they're just gonna play with those characters for like five mintines then switch back to a shoto character for the remainer of their playthrough. That's why I find the who complain about T Hawk and Dee Jay in the game to be so ridiculous.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PureRok

That stage looks supremely boring.

Lilja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lilja
    @Kou_Leifoh: no u
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By lordofultima
    @Kou_Leifoh: Because Adon blows, and Rolento was a beast that everyone used. I think it's a safe assumption that more people care about Rolento. Yes if they add him, I'd still play Akuma, so what? I'd still use him for fun, and would likely enjoy fighting him more than Adon.
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Kou_Leifoh: Yes if they add him, I'd still play Akuma, so what? I'd still use him for fun, and would likely enjoy fighting him more than Adon. "
    So you don't care that you want a character that you're only gonna play for a short amount of time then spent like eighty hours with Akuma? Don't be selfish. Say if you literary play SFIV with Akuma only, why would care if a character you don't like makes it in?  

@lordofultima said:
    " @Kou_Leifoh: Because Adon blows, and Rolento was a beast that everyone used.
    Yeah. . . .I think the reason why a lot of people used Rolento because he was one of the higher tier characters in Capcom Vs SNK 2. I don't think it was the way he designed that made people fall in love with him (Design is the only reason why some people either love or hate about a character and not gameplay). Though don't get me wrong, I don't hate Rolento, nor that I hate Adon, but if one of them made it in, it wouldn't bug me.

@Lilja said:
    " @Kou_Leifoh: no u "

Whatever, troll.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lordofultima
    @Kou_Leifoh: It's pretty selfish of you to imply that by me playing mostly Akuma, my opinion means less than yours. Rolento is a cool character, he had a great moveset and was aesthetically pleasing and interesting, unlike Adon or Cody. 

Also, here's an image of another BG in SSFIV: 

No Caption Provided
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    @lordofultima:  All I said was that it's ridiculous how people who play SFIV with one character demading for characters that they're not gonna spent much time on. You reply to that with a "so what?"
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lordofultima
    @Kou_Leifoh: Not everyone mains random select, sorry to disappoint you. Doesn't mean I don't PLAY other characters, and I certainly play AGAINST other characters. I would much rather fight against Rolento than any other Alpha characters. I enjoy having the original SF2 cast in SFIV, despite not really playing them. I guess that's selfish too. I'm also stoked that T. Hawk is in the game, but I have no desire to actually play him since his playstyle sucks balls. I still WANTED him in the game. See how that works?
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rhaknar
    @lordofultima said:

" @Kou_Leifoh: It's pretty selfish of you to imply that by me playing mostly Akuma, my opinion means less than yours. Rolento is a cool character, he had a great moveset and was aesthetically pleasing and interesting, unlike Adon or Cody. 

No Caption Provided
    "
    wheres that from? and why is the left side of the screen gone... first thing that popped in my mind was "they are fighting on a oil rig, and there is a oil obcessed wrestler rumoured to be the other new character" but you can see a building and a statue in the distance, so maybe its just some sort of construction yard >_> good find tho!

edit: ah its from shoryuken, quoting the capcom japanese blog:

...I'll have something huge to talk about next week!! (Something really big)

It will also be printed in the Weekly Famitsu going on sale on 11/26, and we will also update the official site with a new promotional video! So I hope you get all worked up while waiting for it!

^Chun-Li's getting beat up... But, by who?!
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Rhaknar said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Kou_Leifoh: It's pretty selfish of you to imply that by me playing mostly Akuma, my opinion means less than yours. Rolento is a cool character, he had a great moveset and was aesthetically pleasing and interesting, unlike Adon or Cody. 

No Caption Provided
    "
    wheres that from? and why is the left side of the screen gone... first thing that popped in my mind was "they are fighting on a oil rig, and there is a oil obcessed wrestler rumoured to be the other new character" but you can see a building and a statue in the distance, so maybe its just some sort of construction yard >_> good find tho! "

I posted it in this thread: 

http://www.giantbomb.com/super-street-fighter-iv/61-28437/nakky-teases-new-super-streeet-fighter-4-character/35-272578/#6
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lordofultima
    @Linkyshinks: Didn't even see your thread, just got the picture from a twitter post.
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Kou_Leifoh: Not everyone mains random select, sorry to disappoint you. Doesn't mean I don't PLAY other characters, and I certainly play AGAINST other characters. I would much rather fight against Rolento than any other Alpha characters. I enjoy having the original SF2 cast in SFIV, despite not really playing them. I guess that's selfish too. Oh wellz. "
    Well not only what you said was selfish but it was also ridiculous, it's almost like saying having alternate versions of characters (Evil Ryu or Shin Akuma) is a good thing. If your mains is already in the game, then you shouldn't' be complaining about a character that you don't like that's in the game, now people want certain characters they want to fight against? Give me a break.  

As for the roster of SFIV, it shouldn't' of been mixed with characters of the SF series and some new characters of course, not mostly containing SFII characters, obviously the main factor for the entire SFII cast was nostalgia. Though I understand why Capcom made the roster what it is for SFIV, so I'm not gonna be like the overly nostalgic SFII/Alpha fans and reject it like how they were with SFIII because it doesn't have their favorite characters. But if SFV ends up the same way as SFIV, I'd be deeply disappointed.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Plasma
    @Kou_Leifoh said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Kou_Leifoh: Not everyone mains random select, sorry to disappoint you. Doesn't mean I don't PLAY other characters, and I certainly play AGAINST other characters. I would much rather fight against Rolento than any other Alpha characters. I enjoy having the original SF2 cast in SFIV, despite not really playing them. I guess that's selfish too. Oh wellz. "
    Well not only what you said was selfish but it was also ridiculous, it's almost like saying having alternate versions of characters (Evil Ryu or Shin Akuma) is a good thing. If your mains is already in the game, then you shouldn't' be complaining about a character that you don't like that's in the game, now people want certain characters they want to fight against? Give me a break.    As for the roster of SFIV, it shouldn't' of been mixed with characters of the SF series and some new characters of course, not mostly containing SFII characters, obviously the main factor for the entire SFII cast was nostalgia. Though I understand why Capcom made the roster what it is for SFIV, so I'm not gonna be like the overly nostalgic SFII/Alpha fans and reject it like how they were with SFIII because it doesn't have their favorite characters. But if SFV ends up the same way as SFIV, I'd be deeply disappointed. "

I thought you were cool man, but even you liking 3s can't balance out how much of a douche you are.  

Actually read what your saying, fighting against other characters is the WHOLE FREAKING GAME, so obviously you want to fight interesting characters. If in his opinion he prefers them, then why have got to cry and bitch about it? 
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By AniMoney

They need the guy from ST who says the name of the place you're fighting in before the match. 
    "Jamaica!" or "India!" or "Thailand!" etc.

Avatar image for infinitestatemachine
    InfiniteStateMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@AniMoney:  yus!
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    @Plasma: I'm a douche for thinking it's selfish that people are asking for characters that not going to play as, yeah whatever. Maybe you should read what you just said.
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @Rhaknar said:

" @Plasma said:

the famous "leaked" list from some months ago (which had Juri in it before she was revealed) had dudley, makoto and ibuki in it  and at some french convention, Ono did a panel, and when asked about 3s characters the audience screamed dudle and makoto, and he replied "one of the characters you shouted is in" or something like that.. Capcom needs to reveal more and fast. the VGAs might have some sort of reveal trailer, but thats only in december 12th >_> "
    Ahhhh I want both of them fuck!!!! WE NEED ALL THREE RUMORED CHARACTERS!! COME ON ONO!! DONT LET US DOWN AND GIVE US SOMEONE LAME LIKE ROLENTO OR ADON INSTEAD OF MAKOTO!

/rant
    copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By copycatzen
    @Rhaknar:
    Why do you make me copy and paste??

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.