Street Fighter IV Dash?

• 54 results
#1 Posted by Napalm (9227 posts) -

Alright, I just overheard this whole Street Fighter IV Dash dealio, and apparently there's a hint in a Japanese Street Fighter comic with Crimson Viper going against Ibuki. Apart from that, all I know is it might have a new character or two, and it will feature some (much needed) character/gameplay/online (lobby?) tweaks as well.

#2 Posted by Brake (1294 posts) -
#3 Posted by JJOR64 (19693 posts) -

They haven't said anything about the new SFIV but, they have hinted at making it though.

#4 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1960 posts) -

I'm pretty sure that it won't be DLC, it will be a re-release. In order to Capcom to add new characters,Capcom has to re-release the game. People need to understand that CHARACTER DLC WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

Anyways, the newly added characters I would love to see should be SFIII characters. It has to happen considering that there's so much demand for them.

#5 Posted by WrenchNinja (269 posts) -
@Kou_Leifoh: They'd totally be splitting the online community if they rereleased it like this.
#6 Posted by slinky6 (567 posts) -
@Kou_Leifoh said:
"CHARACTER DLC WILL NEVER HAPPEN!"
Why not?
#7 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1960 posts) -
@slinky6 said:
" @Kou_Leifoh said:
Why not? "
it will unbalance the gameplay, Capcom has already admit to over powering Sagat. Do you want the problem to extend even further? The only way for Capcom to bring in more characters is to fully re-release the game. For some reason, Capcom can't safely bring in more characters via DLC. A lot of fans at Capcom Unity know that a re-release will happen in order for mre characters to appear.
#8 Posted by slinky6 (567 posts) -
@Kou_Leifoh: I don't expect piecemeal character DLC, but they could release a batch of characters and rebalancing for existing characters, if necessary, in a digital update (which they could call dash or whatever they want to call it).   I just fail to understand why they'd need to put out a new disc.   I'd still expect them to charge for the update, obviously, but they could charge less for it this way.   This isn't the 90's and I don't want 3-5 seperate SF4 boxes on my game shelf.
#9 Edited by The_A_Drain (4073 posts) -
@Kou_Leifoh said:
"@slinky6 said:
" @Kou_Leifoh said:
Why not? "
it will unbalance the gameplay, Capcom has already admit to over powering Sagat. Do you want the problem to extend even further? The only way for Capcom to bring in more characters is to fully re-release the game. For some reason, Capcom can't safely bring in more characters via DLC. A lot of fans at Capcom Unity know that a re-release will happen in order for mre characters to appear."

This is pretty ignorant you know, they can rebalance the game and issue it as a patch in the blink of an eye. Super easy. Any balance changes that apply to a new retail release could be patched into vanilla SFIV as well.

That said, this will probably be both a DLC upgrade and a boxed re-release at the same time, akin to a GoTY edition or something. They will simply relegate people without the DLC to a non-DLC online mode, or cut them out of online play all together. Perhaps it will be a totally new game, but in this day and age I think that's pretty fucking unacceptable to be honest.

Edit: Man, i'm so pissed off they even have the gall to mention Cody as a possibility after flat out refusing to even consider Guy for SFIV and giving an excuse whic makes considering Cody complete bullshit. Who the hell wants to play that asshole anyway? *sadface*
#10 Posted by ImperiousRix (3095 posts) -

Though I'd definitely prefer this to be a DLC package, I can't say I WOULDN'T buy a new SFIV if they re-released it.
New characters and re-balancing plus other knick-knacks would have me intrigued.

#11 Edited by Linkyshinks (11400 posts) -
@Kou_Leifoh said:
" @slinky6 said:
" @Kou_Leifoh said:
Why not? "
it will unbalance the gameplay, Capcom has already admit to over powering Sagat. Do you want the problem to extend even further? The only way for Capcom to bring in more characters is to fully re-release the game. For some reason, Capcom can't safely bring in more characters via DLC. A lot of fans at Capcom Unity know that a re-release will happen in order for mre characters to appear. "

How would it unbalance gameplay to provide character DLC, and what does Sagat (and Seth) got to do with it?. I'm puzzled as to why you even mention them concerning this. 

If Capcom do decide to do this, they will simply balance Ibuki to fit into the current game. Adding a new character doesn't mean it will unbalance the current game in some immediate fashion, as you suggest. Why should it when every character that has been put into the game already has gone through the same rigourous process.

Capcom Development Blog Info:

•  More hints by Capcom of a Street Fighter 4 sequel, they even refer to it as SF 4 Dash, which is the Japanese name from Championship Edition.
  •  Shiowaza says she realizes Karin is very popular but she would like Ibuki to be added. Cody is also mentioned as a possibility.
  •  Someone says that the arcade version seems faster than the console release. Shiowaza answers that they both run at the same speed.
  •  Bonus stages (smashing the car, etc.) will probably be added in the next iteration.
  •  Capcom says that in Trial Mode they wanted to add a function where it would demonstrate how the combo should be done. They will add that next time.
  •  There are no plans for stage background music DLC right now.
  •  PC version automatically determines language by reading Windows language preferences. If you have Windows in English, SF4 will be installed in English. The game supports English, Japanese, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Korean.
  •  Talk about people double dipping (already bought console version, thinking about buying PC version). Capcom obviously says go for it, the extra touch brushes look great and the leaderboards are different, so you get a new start.
  • A PC with all the recommended specs for SF4 will be released, at least in Japan.
  •  Capcom is paying attention to all the suggestions/requests posted in the blog and the internet in general.
  • One question about the, "great merchandise available overseas," (It's assumed these are the Tournament Edition / Standard Edition Mad Catz sticks) Shiowaza says that Japan will have their own goods soon.
  • Arcade version: Your Battle Points (BP) decrease over time if you don't play often. After a month goes by without you playing vs. fights, BP is deducted every week.
  •  There is no way to do blind character picks in the PC version. Shiowaza says consoles don't have this either. Championship mode has this right?
  •  Compared to today's fighting games, SF4 is pretty easy to get into, but some things are still very difficult for beginners". Capcom says that it's hard to maintain a balance there.

#12 Posted by Gambit (783 posts) -

If they do make I new retail version I doubt we will see it this year. It just doesn't seem logical to make a new version when the console release is barely six months old.

#13 Posted by The_A_Drain (4073 posts) -
@Gambit:

I would imagine it would make the rounds in the arcades first like the first one did, then see a console release.
#14 Posted by TinoXtreme (329 posts) -

Hopefully this comes out for DLC, because I'm not going to buy another SF4 no matter how dumb downed Sagat will be in it.

#15 Posted by Linkyshinks (11400 posts) -
@The_A_Drain said:
" @Gambit: I would imagine it would make the rounds in the arcades first like the first one did, then see a console release. "

Before SF4 Arcade came out I wondered if there would be a online connection with a Capcom server, one that could update the games HDD after a payment was made. But it never happened with this game. The next update may not require any revision to the existing X2 configuration.

#16 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1960 posts) -
@Linkyshinks:

I have no idea, but that's what Capcom and many fans have been saying. More characters isn't the only thing about the re-release, it's suppose to be a full on sequel to the game in terms of story. If you remember, Third Strike was a sequel to Double Impact.

Also, if character DLC isn't that big of a problem as you think it is, Capcom would of announced character DLC it already.
#17 Edited by Linkyshinks (11400 posts) -

Before SF4 Arcade came out, I had wondered if Capcom would include a means to update the games 80g HDD via a online connection, but that never happened. Any update to the current SF4 Arcade game will likely not require any spec change to the current X2 configuration. I can only guess it must be notably more [instantly] profitable not to include such a feature.

I personally think it's that way things should go when speaking to Arcade owners who are struggling with high costs. The Arcade machine manufacturers need to start making such changes if they want the industry to stay healthy and off the decline, which it is now.

#18 Edited by The_A_Drain (4073 posts) -

@Kou_Leifoh said:

"@Linkyshinks: I have no idea, but that's what Capcom and many fans have been saying. More characters isn't the only thing about the re-release, it's suppose to be a full on sequel to the game in terms of story. If you remember, Third Strike was a sequel to Double Impact. Also, if character DLC isn't that big of a problem as you think it is, Capcom would of announced character DLC it already."

Not necessarily, that's just implying that correlation equals causation. It's as valid as saying that the decline in the number of pirates is causing natural disasters simply because the number of pirates are going down, and the number of natural disasters going up.

They may be working on other things, they may be working on character DLC but have not announced it, they may (as this implies) be working on a full blown update instead of just some characters. They may not want to have them as DLC as you said and release a full new game. But it's not because they cannot add them via DLC, any balance changes needed to fit new character into the game can be made via DLC just as easily as with a new release.

As for your 'sequel' thing, seriously, does that honestly even make sense to you? Because to me it's silly fanboy talk. Third Strike was an update to 2nd Impact just like 2nd Impact was an update to the original SFIII. Not full blown sequels, the story all remains the same, they just added characters (and obviously story for those, but that's an addendum, not a sequel) backgrounds, bonus stages and changed voice actors while improving game mechanics.

Besides, Double Impact was a bundle of SFIII: The New Generation and SFIII: 2nd Impact: Giant Attack for the Dreamcast. I believe you are thinking of SFIII: 2nd Impact: Giant Attack.

@Linkyshinks said:

"Before SF4 Arcade came out, I had wondered if Capcom would include a means to update the games 80g HDD via a online connection, but that never happened. Any update to the current SF4 Arcade game will likely not require any spec change to the current X2 configuration. I can only guess it must be notably more [instantly] profiable not to include such a feature. I personally think it's that way things should go when speaking to Arcade owners who are struggling with high costs. The Arcade machine manufacturers need to start making such changes if they want the industry to stay healthy and off the decline, which it is now."

I don't know about the current generation of arcade hardware, or specifically SFIV. But usually arc games only contain read only memory, it's more reliable and harder to rip copies to distribute from. If you remember the trouble people had getting SFIII off the CPS3 board because they would fry themselves if removed from the machines or something like that. I'd imagine they don't even have HDD's those would be way too easy to rip from, or to have malfunction. I could easily be totally wrong though.

It's possible sure, but what I meant was they will probably just be made to buy new boards with the updated content on. What I meant was that it will probably see an arcade release before being released on any consoles.

I agree in principal, but in Japan i'd imagine you'd have to be mad not to shell out the monies for the latest Street Fighter in your arcade it's a guaranteed money maker.

#19 Edited by Linkyshinks (11400 posts) -

O' it definitely does have a HDD. Street Fighter 4 uses the Taito X2 Windows Embedded platform, and the machines have a normal HDD drive on board. Which uses 80g for Street Fighter 4. If you look into a machine, it looks exactly like a normal everyday PC, because that's what it is, the only difference is that it's using Window Embedded,  which is streamlined for the specific software and nothing else, making it very efficient using minimal specs.

No Caption Provided

#20 Posted by PureRok (4273 posts) -
@The_A_Drain said:
" @Kou_Leifoh said:
"@slinky6 said:
" @Kou_Leifoh said:
Why not? "
it will unbalance the gameplay, Capcom has already admit to over powering Sagat. Do you want the problem to extend even further? The only way for Capcom to bring in more characters is to fully re-release the game. For some reason, Capcom can't safely bring in more characters via DLC. A lot of fans at Capcom Unity know that a re-release will happen in order for mre characters to appear."
Edit: Man, i'm so pissed off they even have the gall to mention Cody as a possibility after flat out refusing to even consider Guy for SFIV and giving an excuse whic makes considering Cody complete bullshit. Who the hell wants to play that asshole anyway? *sadface* "
Shit... I should go read that article. Guy is awesome. I don't even remember who Cody is.

*checks*

Oh, that douche bag. Who would ever want to play him? They turned Guy down in favor of... him? I think two grapplers are enough (I think I remember him being a grappler.). I can't believe they pass on Guy and consider some prison break loser.

Damn, Guy was great.
#21 Edited by The_A_Drain (4073 posts) -
@PureRok:

Guy was amazing. It's only rumour at this point though, he's more of a tricksy dirty character than a straight up grappler. He does a lot of things, he has some weird shoryu ripoff whirlwind move and can throw dirt in opponents eyes and stupid stuff.

Guy was a combo machine and I want him and his broken-ass 4 hit combo back :D

Edit:

@Linkyshinks:

Ah ok then, that's kinda cool. I'd imagine they probably could then, but i'd also imagine in this particular case, both Capcom and arcade owners have more to gain from simply buying a new cab, everybody will still make lots of money.
#22 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1960 posts) -
@The_A_Drain said:
"

@Kou_Leifoh said:

"@Linkyshinks: I have no idea, but that's what Capcom and many fans have been saying. More characters isn't the only thing about the re-release, it's suppose to be a full on sequel to the game in terms of story. If you remember, Third Strike was a sequel to Double Impact. Also, if character DLC isn't that big of a problem as you think it is, Capcom would of announced character DLC it already."

Not necessarily, that's just implying that correlation equals causation. It's as valid as saying that the decline in the number of pirates is causing natural disasters simply because the number of pirates are going down, and the number of natural disasters going up.

They may be working on other things, they may be working on character DLC but have not announced it, they may (as this implies) be working on a full blown update instead of just some characters. They may not want to have them as DLC as you said and release a full new game. But it's not because they cannot add them via DLC, any balance changes needed to fit new character into the game can be made via DLC just as easily as with a new release.

As for your 'sequel' thing, seriously, does that honestly even make sense to you? Because to me it's silly fanboy talk. Third Strike was an update to 2nd Impact just like 2nd Impact was an update to the original SFIII. Not full blown sequels, the story all remains the same, they just added characters (and obviously story for those, but that's an addendum, not a sequel) backgrounds, bonus stages and changed voice actors while improving game mechanics.

Besides, Double Impact was a bundle of SFIII: The New Generation and SFIII: 2nd Impact: Giant Attack for the Dreamcast. I believe you are thinking of SFIII: 2nd Impact: Giant Attack.

Third Strike story picks up after the events of the last game; the ending for some of the characters shows that. As for 2nd Impact to the original SFIII, yes, it was just an update - same backgrounds and story. The only new is the soundtrack and more characters.

Third Strike was a sequel (Or sequel/Update is a better term for it). The overall story does pick up after the events of the last game.
#23 Posted by The_A_Drain (4073 posts) -
@Kou_Leifoh:

Maybe that's true, I didn't see every ending as I could only get the game for Xbox in this country.

Regardless, what you're saying about SFIV is mere speculation, theres no reason to believe it will happen that way, and definately no logical reason it cannot be done with DLC.
#24 Posted by Brake (1294 posts) -

DLC to me makes the most sense.

I wonder though, if it would be technically possible to release a patch that gets applied to every copy of SFIV, that would essentialy add new characters to the game. The trick being that you have to buy the DLC to be able to play them. That way they'd (theoterically) show up online for everybody. Like I've seen Japanese players with the Alt Sakura outfit that we never got. I mean a full blown character is propably a little different, but the idea is basically the same.

#25 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1960 posts) -
@The_A_Drain:

Every time when Capcom talks about a possibly about a update, they never refer to it as DLC, only as a re-release. Character balance issue could be a possibly, and you did say that a patch could fix that, but something like that ever worked before in fighting games?

But more characters isn't the only thing that will be added in a possible re-release. Like I said, the game's story will probably pick up after the events of the last one. 

#26 Edited by The_A_Drain (4073 posts) -
@Kou_Leifoh said:
" @The_A_Drain: Every time when Capcom talks about a possibly about a update, they never refer to it as DLC, only as a re-release. Character balance issue could be a possibly, and you did say that a patch could fix that, but something like that ever worked before in fighting games?But more characters isn't the only thing that will be added in a possible re-release. Like I said, the game's story will probably pick up after the events of the last one.  "
I honestly don't understand what you are trying to say here.

They are reffering to it as a re-release? Well, we don't know either way for now. Like I said it's a likely re-release at the arcades, but on consoles it's just as viable as a re-release, or as DLC (or both) there is no technical reason it cannot be done whatsoever.  As for balance issues... Again, what? If they can re-balance it for a re-release, those same changes can be applied as DLC there is absolutely nothing to stop that from being done. It's totally possible and in fact, quite easy to do with a simple update, or just including it in the DLC. As for messing up the online, if they choose to sell it as DLC you simply add a dipswitch to the options menu "SFIV Dash on/off" that's all, and you search for games with or without it.

As for whether or not it's 'worked' before again, I really don't get what you are implying. Updating the game is a simple procedure, and it's just as easy to do as DLC as it is a full re-release (in fact, there is less work to do if it's done as a simple DLC patch, so, easier in fact) Just because no other fighter has had DLC upgrades does not mean it won't work. That idea doesn't even make sense. And besides, it's never happened before because up until BlazBlue and SFIV, no company that continually updates one fighter instead of moving onto the next has released a fighter on consoles in this generation. That's why we've never seen fighter DLC of this magnitute.

Also, HD Remix got patched several times, and yes that included gameplay balance patches as well as simple bug fixes. 

As for what the story will do, again nothing bu blind speculation. Just because it happened in SFIII suddently that's the new standard? No, I don't think so. Capcom will do whatever they want, I honestly don't think they are goin to touch the story at all, there is no reason for them to do so you are just speculating. And even if they did, that has absolutely no bearing on anything at all.

I really don't get what you have against the idea of a DLC upgrade, but stop saying it will not happen, or that it's not 'going to work' or that it's not possible, because those statements are misinformed, flawed, and purely speculative on your part, whereas I actually know something about game development and can tell you for a fact that there is no viable reason it would not work as DLC. We will just have to wait and see what Capcom want to do.

Edit: Also, Capcom flat out stated they would add T.Hawk and DeeJay as DLC characters if there was enough demand for them. Clearly there was not enough demand (or they will be part of this Dash thing, whatever it may turn out to be) Capcom would not have stated they would do that unless they were confidant it would 'work'. And they never 'refer' to an update as DLC before because it was never an option before. All we have to go on at the moment is a name "SFIV: Dash" that could mean absolutely anything, so sit back and relax until we get some concrete info. Until then, it's just as believable and viable that it could be either of the two things, or indeed both.
#27 Edited by Napalm (9227 posts) -

I wouldn't mind buying another Street Fighter IV box. I assume the changes and additions they make are well worth the price.

I assume it's not going to be a character tweak, and one character, but probably dozens of character tweaks to almost all of the characters, plus at least two new characters, as well as adding a lobby section, doubleblind selection, improve connection issues, lag, etc.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
#28 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3634 posts) -

If it has no skullomania, Im not buying anything new

#29 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1960 posts) -
@The_A_Drain:

What I mean is, Capcom has said they might do a sequel/update of SFIV, but Capcom never had said they'll do it as DLC.

And what I said about it won't work as DLC, I'm only saying  what many SF fans on Capcom Unity has said on that site, and that is that character DLC won't work because of character balance; that what many fans have said. Every time when a person on that site ask about character DLC, "will it happen?" They reply by saying "no."

As for T-Hawk and Dee Jay, Capcom has said that T-Hawk and Dee Jay's models are practically finished. I think because Capcom originally had plains to have them as part of the roster before SFIV's release.
#30 Edited by The_A_Drain (4073 posts) -
@Kou_Leifoh:

Yeah well 'many fans' say a lot of things, and 'many fans' are dumbasses who don't know a single thing about game design. The game is balanced internally just like the original release, and once Capcom is happy with the changes they output the changes via whatever route they want, a re-release, DLC, whatever.

If it 'wouldn't work because of character balance' it would be impossible to ever update a fighting game. Which as i'm sure you will agree is complete bullshit, many fighters get updated and even improved in the character balance department. Saying that you would dramatically unbalance the game by adding character is grossly misinformed. Sure, it is possible, but only if Capcom throw them out without making meaningful changes or balancing decisions. And if they are going to do that then they would do it regardless of how they release the content.

You seem to have the idea that it's impossible to make changes to the existing characters without releasing a new disc, this is not true in the slightest, it's completely possible to update things like hitboxes, animations, damage, stun, anything at all with a simple patch that can easily be included with any character DLC.

Anybody who says otherwise is simply misinformed, that's all. For whatever reason they have the misguided beleif that 'patches' can only be used to fix 'bugs' and not to anything else, which is stupid because you have to make changes to code in order to fix bugs, which is exactly how you make any other changes to the game. So yes, it can be done, fact, not opinion. So next time some ass says that, tell him he is flat out wrong.

And yes, we know T.Hawk and DeeJay have unfinished character models, Capcom has only said it about ten million times now. They are untextured and only have preliminary animations. But again, there is no reason they could not appear as DLC, and no reason that because they were considered during initial development that they are somehow not going to unbalance the game. Balancing isn't done on paper before the game is produced you know, it's tweaked frame by frame over thousands of hours of rigorous testing both in house, and in the case of SFIV, by top ranking players. It's tested to it's limits, they would do exactly the same thing with any new characters, so why people beleive this would unbalance the game is a mystery to me, it's a flat out stupid thing to think.

Again, Capcom have never said anything about a 'sequel' to SFIV, they have mentioned an 'update' however. But the word update can mean a lot of things, including DLC. So I reiterate, until Capcom give us some solid information, anything can happen. I don't care what some retard commenting on the unity blog says.

It's not like adding the extra 8 characters for the console version severely impaired balance, there no reason DLC characters would either. And beleiving that a DLC character would unbalance the game, while that same character being added to a re-released disc would not, is utterly, utterly ridiculous. Just repeat it back to yourself and listen to how dumb that sounds. Honestly.
#31 Posted by Scooper (7920 posts) -
@Kou_Leifoh said:
" @slinky6 said:
" @Kou_Leifoh said:
Why not? "
it will unbalance the gameplay, Capcom has already admit to over powering Sagat. Do you want the problem to extend even further? The only way for Capcom to bring in more characters is to fully re-release the game. For some reason, Capcom can't safely bring in more characters via DLC. A lot of fans at Capcom Unity know that a re-release will happen in order for mre characters to appear. "
Why would they need to put another version out of an online focused game. This is 2009, no one will buy a new SFIV for a couple extra characters, they'd have to release them for free in a patch.
#32 Edited by Napalm (9227 posts) -
@The_A_Drain said:
It's not like adding the extra 8 characters for the console version severely impaired balance, there no reason DLC characters would either.
Eight extra characters? I only know of probably Ibuki, possibly Dee Jay, T. Hawk, who are the other five? o_O

EDIT: Cody (maybe) and possibly Guy, that's three left.
#33 Edited by The_A_Drain (4073 posts) -
@Napalm:

8, or was it 4? I forget.

Edit: 7, I was wrong.

Cammy, Fei Long, Rose, Gen, Dan and Sakura, as well as Gouken were not in the arcade version. Seth was, but he was not playable until the console release.

Edit: No, Capcom have stated they WILL NOT add Guy as they do not want to mix Final Fight and Street Fighter. Whether they will go back on that to add Cody (which again, is just a rumour, the only name they mentioned was Ibuki) remains to be seen, but for now at least the official stance for Guy is still a flat No.
#34 Posted by Gambit (783 posts) -

Fuck cody if they add a final fight character it had better be rolento.

#35 Posted by Napalm (9227 posts) -
@The_A_Drain said:
" @Napalm: 8, or was it 4? I forget. Edit: 7, I was wrong.Cammy, Fei Long, Rose, Gen, Dan and Sakura, as well as Gouken were not in the arcade version. Seth was, but he was not playable until the console release.Edit: No, Capcom have stated they WILL NOT add Guy as they do not want to mix Final Fight and Street Fighter. Whether they will go back on that to add Cody (which again, is just a rumour, the only name they mentioned was Ibuki) remains to be seen, but for now at least the official stance for Guy is still a flat No. "
Oh, I'm sorry, you're talking about the original console player additions. I thought you meant eight brand spankin' new characters, haha.

I like Cody. He's like Axel from Streets Of Rage, and he is one BAD DUDE. However, if they make him a jailbreaker like he was in Alpha 3, I'll be not so happy.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Charlie even thought that would never happen, but the story in Street Fighter IV is so botched already - who cares?
#36 Posted by ImperiousRix (3095 posts) -

All I have to say is...
Where the fuck is Eagle?

#37 Posted by Scooper (7920 posts) -
@Napalm said:
".I actually wouldn't mind seeing Charlie even thought that would never happen, but the story in Street Fighter IV is so botched already - who cares? "
What about ghost charlie.

I'd like to play as Birdie in SFIV, I think he's look cool.
#38 Edited by C2C (899 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @Napalm said:
".I actually wouldn't mind seeing Charlie even thought that would never happen, but the story in Street Fighter IV is so botched already - who cares? "
What about ghost charlie.I'd like to play as Birdie in SFIV, I think he's look cool. "
They could always go the "shadow" Charlie route, kinda like they did with MvC and the Udon comics where Bison brainwashed and experimented on Charlie.
#39 Posted by The_A_Drain (4073 posts) -

Ahh yeah birdie rules. Eagles cool too, but pretty bland.

#40 Posted by Linkyshinks (11400 posts) -

I don't want any Final Fight characters in there also. [I still hope for a new game though...] I think what Capcom need to do is look at the current roster and look at characters that will genuinely enhance what's there already, basically bring in anything that will add to the variation of fighting styles already available in the game.

This is who I want to see most, in order of preference:

1. Ingrid
  2. Karin
  3. Ibuki
  4. Dee Jay
  5. T Hawk
  6. Hugo

#41 Posted by The_A_Drain (4073 posts) -
@Linkyshinks:

Wha? Madness. Ingrid is just Karin with magic sparkle powers. T.Hawk is super bland and a grappler, Hugo is also a grappler, imo both of them would be way too many grapplers. I don't like Ibuki at all, but her character and style would fit very well imo I would welcome her.

I honestly think Elena and possibly Makoto or Dudley would be a much better fit than either Karin or Ingrid. I'd love to see Hugo as well, but I think that would be too many grapplers and that T.Hawk probably has too many fans.

If I had to choose 6 it would probably be

T.Hawk
DeeJay
Elena
Ibuki
Dudley
Guy

T.Hawn and DeeJay to complete the cast. Elena, Ibuki and Guy because their fighting styles are unique, and utterly crazy. And Dudley because we got like, 4 grapplers, why not have 2  Boxers? :D Also, he plays hella different to Balrog, and we need some English reprisentation who isn't a cannon spike spamming, lag abusing, whore :P

#42 Edited by Linkyshinks (11400 posts) -

All Street Fighter 4 characters have sparkly powers now. Ingrid was awesome character in Alpha 3, I never played as her in her other games, but her move-set in Alpha 3 was fun to play with and different.  She's also one of Yoshinori Ono's personal creations. [Producer]

I want more grapplers, I want to see at least one more, Hugo or Hawk, I'm not fussed, but Hawk would be better because of aerial attacks adding to the variation in combat.

Karin needs to be in the game simply because Sakura is.

It would be nice to see Dudley face off with Balrog, but I cannot see it happening.

#43 Posted by jakob187 (22957 posts) -

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!  How the fuck didn't I hear about this yet?  IBUKI AND CODY POSSIBLY COMING IN?  Holy shit, son!  IBUKI!!!

#44 Posted by ArbitraryWater (15726 posts) -

I never played the Alpha series, so I will be happy with whoever they add because it's more characters for Street Fighter. Yes, even people I (and most other people) will never play as, like T. Hawk and Dee Jay.

#45 Edited by The_A_Drain (4073 posts) -
@Linkyshinks:

I'd rather Dudley and Balrog go at it Rocky style than to see Karin and Sakura fighting again, something about those two just annoys me, a lot. I also really didn't like Ingrid at all, in SFA3 for PSP or Capcom Fighting Jam. But on the whole I welcome any new characters. So long as we don't ever see Twelve, Remy or Sean again i'm perfectly happy :P
#46 Posted by jakob187 (22957 posts) -

Look, take an objective look at what 8 characters could be added (NONE OF THESE ARE CONFIRMED, JUST SAYING THAT IT'S LOGICAL):

1. Ibuki - it's clear that people want Ibuki in the game, so it's almost a brainless thing that it's going to happen
  2. Adon - people seem to forget some of the Alpha lineup...as well as Street Fighter...as well as THE CUTSCENES IN SFIV.  Sagat's story HAD Adon in it.  Therefore, I'll almost guarantee Adon will be added.
  3. Dee Jay - they've already got the entire roster from Street Fighter II...except T.Hawk and Dee Jay.
  4. T.Hawk - they've already got the entire roster from Street Fighter II...except T.Hawk and Dee Jay.
  5. Shadow - because we need Nash in some way that doesn't involve his clothing on Guile.
  6. Skullomania - seriously, who DOESN'T want Skullomania vs. El Fuerte?  SERIOUSLY?!
  7. Ingrid - because she's so fucking cute!
  8. Kairi - I just think he would be interesting to add to the mix
#47 Edited by The_A_Drain (4073 posts) -
@jakob187:

Skullomania vs El Fuerte would make my head explode! :D

I see the logic, but somehow I can't see Adon making it into SFIV. If he does i'll hang up my stick and call it a day. I despise him so much lol. There are other popular alpha characters like Rainbow Mika and such. But I can't fault your logic, I did see him in SFIV and remember thinking "What's he doing there..." *suspicious glare* :P
#48 Posted by Napalm (9227 posts) -

I think I might like to see Rolento, actually.

#49 Edited by Dan_CiTi (5236 posts) -
Here's a suggestion: Put in Ibuki, Dudley, Makoto, and maybe Elena or Q. I'd also like to see some new guys in there too, I like Abel and C. Viper a lot and Rufus is pretty popular too. I think SF3 characters deserve to shine as well as new characters as long as they feel as good as Abel or Rufus.

That being said, I'd like to see R. Mika, Karin, Cody, and maybe Dee Jay in there(Alpha characters are sometimes interesting, the ones in SF4 already are cool and DJ is DJ). Screw T. Hawk, I've really never been a fan of his.

...and of course Skullomania and C. Jack.

@The_A_Drain
said:
" @Linkyshinks:

I'd rather Dudley and Balrog go at it Rocky style than to see Karin and Sakura fighting again, something about those two just annoys me, a lot. I also really didn't like Ingrid at all, in SFA3 for PSP or Capcom Fighting Jam. But on the whole I welcome any new characters. So long as we don't ever see Twelve, Remy or Sean again i'm perfectly happy :P
"
Although they would be bad additions, I prefer Remy to Guile and Sean to Ryu or non-Dan/Sakura shotos. Twelve has cool animation, but I'm not a fan.
#50 Posted by The_A_Drain (4073 posts) -
@Dan_CiTi:

I hold a different opinion but i'm not going to deny you yours regarding Remy, but Sean to Ryu? O_o Seriously?

Your call dude but I dunno, kinda sounds a little crazy to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.