Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Street Fighter IV tournament (Xbox360)

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#201  Edited By Stang
    @SpecialBuddy: Oink?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#202  Edited By CL60

I'm gonna be getting SF4 back sometime soon most likely. I would like to fight some of you guys even though I suck ass.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#203  Edited By lordofultima
    @Stang: lmao. I wish. Looking pretty bleak atm, I feel bad this match is holding up the tourney. I should drop out so that the all-star tourney can begin anyway, let these guys duke it out. haha.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#204  Edited By Thrawn1
    @Flushes: Well Able has no projectile or other reliable way to cause chip damage, so I might as well do nothing but turtle. If you would have realized that and just sat in your corner as well it might have gone differently. Another thing, you can ultra mp and hp headbutts.

The thing to know about honda is to never play aggressively when he has meter.

@lordofultima said:
    " @Stang: lmao. I wish. Looking pretty bleak atm, I feel bad this match is holding up the tourney. I should drop out so that the all-star tourney can begin anyway, let these guys duke it out. haha. "

O shit I forgot o sign up for that one. However I seriously doubt you'll be able to get people to play all the matches in a double elim tournament.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Stang
    @Thrawn: Then I will dq them. It is that simple.
    Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#206  Edited By Flushes
    @Thrawn:  Yeah, the ability to ultra HP headbutts is probably the only fun fact about the Honda match I already knew. Identifying what headbutt just came out and reacting with ultra from point blank is another story, though. Also, if Abel just turtles out of the gate in that match, things generally go very badly. He suffers from a tragic lack of decent reversal/escape/wakeup/anti-air options. You can run away with a lead, but not at even life. Honda can just chip him down.

I maintain that the deciding factor was the repeated splashing. I honestly just can't tell exactly which of those are punishable with reversal TT; I only know that some of them are. You probably hit me with that shit on wakeup every time I was down. Like I said though, I now know the data on that trap, and it will never work on me like that again. I probably just should have looked it up between games.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Thrawn1

none of the buttslams/splashes are punishable by TT. All the slams except for the hk version only give you a 2 frame advantage. The hk buttslams gives you 3 frames. The times you were able to throw me happened because I was trying to throw you but you had frame advantage. BTW ex buttslam is god-tier. You  can ultra both mp and hp headbutts, or use the rekka combo or whatever it's called. One strategy that always beats honda is to memorize the range of his lp headbutt, and stay slighty out of that range. Then just try baiting things out and whiff punish. Also, TT beats ochio throw, but ochio throw beats abel's roll. So roll >> TT isn't that great of an option. Your mixup game was good, but you never figured out when to let off the pressure. It got so predictable that I was able to psychic ultra you out of a TT attempt.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By napalm

Somebody needs to call PureRok and tell him to stop douching up the progress of this tournament.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Stang

You guys are still waiting on purerok? Time to hit the dq button perhaps?

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By lordofultima
    @Stang said:
    " You guys are still waiting on purerok? Time to hit the dq button perhaps? "
    Once it is officially the 16th then I will just DQ him, but you never know.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By napalm

Can I take his place?

EDIT: Nevermind, I can't because it's almost over, haha.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#212  Edited By PureRok
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Stang said:
    Once it is officially the 16th then I will just DQ him, but you never know. " 

You haven't made any effort to contact me in the last week. How am I supposed to play when you are hardly ever on? I'm here all day.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By lordofultima
    @PureRok said:

" @lordofultima said:

" @Stang said:
    Once it is officially the 16th then I will just DQ him, but you never know. " 
     You haven't made any effort to contact me in the last week. How am I supposed to play when you are hardly ever on? I'm here all day. "
    What the hell are you talking about? I sent you a PM and said I'm on from like 3-5PM PST to play and I don't even get a response. I've been on my 360 every day playing Street Fighter, where you haven't even logged on Live since 12/10/09. Clearly you haven't been on here either because we've all been talking about the tournament except for you.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Thrawn1

man, whoever loses your two's match will be extra salty

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Stang

I have an idea that is very fair and appropriate. The two of you are disqualified, and I am given the spot. I think we can all agree that this solution is the only way to move forward. Thoughts?

If not, get your asses online and fight. Both of you imagine the other guy is my ugly ass and pummel the shit out of me. Get to it.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#216  Edited By PureRok
    @Stang said:
    " I have an idea that is very fair and appropriate. The two of you are disqualified, and I am given the spot. I think we can all agree that this solution is the only way to move forward. Thoughts?  If not, get your asses online and fight. Both of you imagine the other guy is my ugly ass and pummel the shit out of me. Get to it. "
    Nah. You can disqualify me.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By napalm
    @PureRok said:
    " @Stang said:
    " I have an idea that is very fair and appropriate. The two of you are disqualified, and I am given the spot. I think we can all agree that this solution is the only way to move forward. Thoughts?  If not, get your asses online and fight. Both of you imagine the other guy is my ugly ass and pummel the shit out of me. Get to it. "
    Nah. You can disqualify me. "
    Fuck that, if anybody is getting DQ'd, it's the both of you. You guys still have time to fight, but if you're going to bicker than I think Stang should take your place(s).
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Thrawn1
    @Napalm said:
    " @PureRok said:
    " @Stang said:
    Nah. You can disqualify me. "
    Fuck that, if anybody is getting DQ'd, it's the both of you. You guys still have time to fight, but if you're going to bicker than I think Stang should take your place(s). "
    ya, why on earth would you want to be dq'd? ultima is online every other time I login, he's even online now
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By napalm

If he's in an online battle, he might be fighting PureRok at the moment, actually.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Stang
    @Napalm: Doubt it. 100  internet cool guy bucks says he is playing West. I can almost guarantee it. He never accepts my invites, makes me cry on the inside.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By lordofultima

I was online for like 3 hours fighting West, because I was waiting for PureRok to sign on. I checked my friends list while I was there and it said he hadn't been online in 11 days. But regardless, I asked him what time was appropriate to fight him online, and have been on every day within that time-frame plus some since, and I haven't seen him online. So if he wants to be disqualified that's fine, I'm probably done playing for the day -- if anyone wants to dispute it I will step out too.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima said:
    " I was online for like 3 hours fighting West, because I was waiting for PureRok to sign on. I checked my friends list while I was there and it said he hadn't been online in 11 days. But regardless, I asked him what time was appropriate to fight him online, and have been on every day within that time-frame plus some since, and I haven't seen him online. So if he wants to be disqualified that's fine, I'm probably done playing for the day -- if anyone wants to dispute it I will step out too. "
    Didn't we send each other a PM and then get on and play out matches in like a few hours?

Yeah. What.

No one can say you haven't been online.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima said:
    " I was online for like 3 hours fighting West "
    Cha Ching! All yall bastards owe me 100 cool guy dollars. I expect it by tomorrow.

And accept my damn invite!!!!oneone
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By lordofultima
    @Stang said:

" @lordofultima said:

" I was online for like 3 hours fighting West "

Cha Ching! All yall bastards owe me 100 cool guy dollars. I expect it by tomorrow.  And accept my damn invite!!!!oneone "
    People that send me invites when I'm fighting someone else really upset me. JUST SAYING. Like I'm going to stop playing someone, oh sorry man stang invited me SEE YA.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima: You are just scared. Understandable :)

I don't know if you are playing a friend or just some random. Excuse me for xbox live's inadequacies.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By lordofultima
    @Stang: It's alright don't worry about it. 

I'm also DQ'ing myself because I feel it's in the interest of fairness. Which means congratulations SPOA YOU HAVE MADE IT TO THE FINALS FUCK YEAH.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima: Out of fairness you are dq'ing yourself? You have made yourself as available as possible, why punish yourself? I know for a fact PureRok was not on live for a long stretch of time. You have posted here daily and have been on Live daily. I say you move to the next round. Don't give somebody else a free ride when you did nothing wrong.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By lordofultima
    @Stang said:
    " @lordofultima: Out of fairness you are dq'ing yourself? You have made yourself as available as possible, why punish yourself? I know for a fact PureRok was not on live for a long stretch of time. You have posted here daily and have been on Live daily. I say you move to the next round. Don't give somebody else a free ride when you did nothing wrong. "
    No I already removed myself and purerok from the brackets, so there is no going back. I can't add myself back to the brackets, THE BRACKETS CANNOT TELL A LIE. SPOA HAS MADE IT TO THE FINALS. CONGRATULATIONS SPOA!!
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @lordofultima: Out of fairness you are dq'ing yourself? You have made yourself as available as possible, why punish yourself? I know for a fact PureRok was not on live for a long stretch of time. You have posted here daily and have been on Live daily. I say you move to the next round. Don't give somebody else a free ride when you did nothing wrong. "
    No I already removed myself and purerok from the brackets, so there is no going back. I can't add myself back to the brackets, THE BRACKETS CANNOT TELL A LIE. SPOA HAS MADE IT TO THE FINALS. CONGRATULATIONS SPOA!! "
    Don't throw your toys out of the pram because of PureRok. Just continue to the next round and fight Spoa. That's the rules. No show and you get disqualified. You showed. Rok didn't. So he is disqualified and you go through to the next round.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Stang

This tournament is now full of fail. No disrespect to Thrawn, but I was fully expecting a final of Symphony and Ultima, and was praying for it to be filmed. You just ruined Christmas for me :(

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Gambit

any street fighter tournament on Giantbomb is doomed to epic fail. I thought we learned that long ago.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By napalm

Who the fuck is Spoa?

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By lordofultima
    @Napalm said:
    " Who the fuck is Spoa? "
    He's in grand finals, YJDK. Spoa will get this shit mad hype.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By AniMoney

Spoa is a solid Rog player. I had to play him for the tournament and we mirror matched the entire fucking time. Went to the final match but he came out on top. His execution is definitely better than mine, but Rog mirrors are a weird match anyways. 

I don't get why ultima is DQ'ing himself either, and nobody really needs the bracket, there's only like 3 matches to be played so... yeah I think ultima should just go ahead and play spoa. 

Also ultima I still haven't played you even though you're always on, you were joinable the other day but I kept getting an unable to join error. We should play sometime.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#235  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I'm going to be a spoil-sport and root for Symphony.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Stang
    @OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
    " I'm going to be a spoil-sport and root for Symphony. "
    Same.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#237  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Gambit said:
    " any street fighter tournament on Giantbomb is doomed to epic fail. I thought we learned that long ago. "
    Well hopefully we will be able to run a tournament with more organization when Super comes out. The lobbies and team battles, along with tournament feature being released later down the line, will make running tournaments super smooth.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Thrawn1

come on loltima, everyone wants you to play

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By lordofultima

I might, but I'm telling you spoa is serious, he will probably beat me anyway judging on him being a turtle balrog. (worst matchup)

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " @OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
    " I'm going to be a spoil-sport and root for Symphony. "
    Same. "
    I only am because I don't know who Spoa is. No offense to Spoa.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima said:
    " I might, but I'm telling you spoa is serious, he will probably beat me anyway judging on him being a turtle balrog. (worst matchup) "
    Turtle Balrog vs turtle Akuma.... hmmm I don't know who'd win that..

KIDDING! JEEZ!!
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By lordofultima
    @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " I might, but I'm telling you spoa is serious, he will probably beat me anyway judging on him being a turtle balrog. (worst matchup) "
    Turtle Balrog vs turtle Akuma.... hmmm I don't know who'd win that..        KIDDING! JEEZ!! "
    There is no other option against Balrog. Guile and Honda share a similar fate. I just turtle it out.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Thrawn1
    @Napalm: you guys talk as if I've already lost
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By napalm
    @Thrawn said:
    " @Napalm: you guys talk as if I've already lost "
    Why did you quote me?...
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    Turtle Balrog vs turtle Akuma.... hmmm I don't know who'd win that..        KIDDING! JEEZ!! "
    There is no other option against Balrog. Guile and Honda share a similar fate. I just turtle it out. "
    Yeah.. I do the same vs Balrog. His headbutts piss me off.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Stang

Turtle rog's don't bother me anymore, they typically turtle for a reason...they don't know what to do when you get up in their grill. I just don't let up when I knock them down. The problem I run into is that if they get a life lead,  it can be very hard to play in the style necessary to win.

Since we are on about Rog's, I am going to play TKK either tonight or tomorrow, anybody here have any first hand experience against this guy? I know I can stand up to his Ryu/Vega/Ken, but his Rog is fucking intimidating. Any first hand tips?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By napalm
    @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    There is no other option against Balrog. Guile and Honda share a similar fate. I just turtle it out. "
    Yeah.. I do the same vs Balrog. His headbutts piss me off. "
    Oh, you're telling me. I can feel the nerdrage building inside of me every time I get rocked with a headbutt.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Thrawn1

symphony, when do you want to play?

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#249  Edited By demontium
    @Stang said:
    " Turtle rog's don't bother me anymore, they typically turtle for a reason...they don't know what to do when you get up in their grill. I just don't let up when I knock them down. The problem I run into is that if they get a life lead,  it can be very hard to play in the style necessary to win.  Since we are on about Rog's, I am going to play TKK either tonight or tomorrow, anybody here have any first hand experience against this guy? I know I can stand up to his Ryu/Vega/Ken, but his Rog is fucking intimidating. Any first hand tips? "
    Turtlerogs get owned by ken as I have seen. 

Hado-shoryu spam.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#250  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @demontium said:
    " @Stang said:
    " Turtle rog's don't bother me anymore, they typically turtle for a reason...they don't know what to do when you get up in their grill. I just don't let up when I knock them down. The problem I run into is that if they get a life lead,  it can be very hard to play in the style necessary to win.  Since we are on about Rog's, I am going to play TKK either tonight or tomorrow, anybody here have any first hand experience against this guy? I know I can stand up to his Ryu/Vega/Ken, but his Rog is fucking intimidating. Any first hand tips? "
    Turtlerogs get owned by ken as I have seen.  Hado-shoryu spam. "
    I got owned by Stang's Ken, but not because of any type of spam.  It's exactly as Stang said; I have no freaking idea what to do when he's in my face.  I'm not sure how to safely wake-up when he knocks me down and he's standing over me.  I've gotten less turtly than I was before though, so I guess that's a plus.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.