Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Theory Fighter #000

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Edited By lordofultima

Here’s the pilot episode of my new Street Fighter IV video series, “Theory Fighter.” (youtube link) I basically just lay down the groundwork for the actual episodes coming, and spill a little about my brief time being a Street Fighter fan, and how I’ve gotten to this point. Episode 1 goes into production ASAP. As always you can check out all of my audio/visual projects at my website, loltima.net

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lordofultima

Here’s the pilot episode of my new Street Fighter IV video series, “Theory Fighter.” (youtube link) I basically just lay down the groundwork for the actual episodes coming, and spill a little about my brief time being a Street Fighter fan, and how I’ve gotten to this point. Episode 1 goes into production ASAP. As always you can check out all of my audio/visual projects at my website, loltima.net

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

have you got a boom for your camera? might help if you record more eps outdooors; sound got a little fuzzy at the end. seems promising though, ill keep watching. Quite like your editing too.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jeffsekai

Yay, been waiting for this

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Alexander

You shouldn't just pick up and drink random Pepsis from outside your house. Nice vid.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By weltal
    Alexander said:
    "You shouldn't just pick up and drink random Pepsis from outside your house. Nice vid."
    I think someone's looking for a sponsorship....

Anyways, I really like the intro, quite cool. Still, I have to assume you just don't know how to do a star wipe as that transition lacked one. For shame, sir.
    DeVeAn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By DeVeAn

HA HA like COPS ride along. I am in the same boat with SF. I will never be that good but I am alright.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Luke

Dude, your vids are the shit! 

I wish I could play you some SFIV, but I don't have the 360 version 'cause 2 of my friends went PS3... plus I also got mine autographed by Seth Killian + Yoshi Ono and went to the Sony Sanctioned Street Fighter Club Event, so it all pushed me to PS3. 

Anyway, thanks fer making this stuffs and keep it up! 

squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By squirtle_squad

i hate guile too
    this is great!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By jakob187

1.  You say "umm" too much...just like I do when I make any videos.  Script your stuff together for some better flow, as well as allowing you to add more into your videos without worrying much about time limits.

2.  Make sure you've got your camera setups confirmed and ready to go before you start shooting, as well as ensure that your voice is picking up well.  This will prevent you wasting time that you could be putting towards something else.

3.  You've got mad skills at video making, so USE THEM!!!  I'm guessing that later episodes might introduce this, but you could've easily been inserting some pictures or other video of you playing or something while keeping your voice explaining things.

Also, look at the lens, not the screen.  If your camera setup is set up well and you've made sure of it, then looking at the lens means eye contact with the audience you are reaching out to, and that will keep them coming back.  = D

Otherwise, I'm excited and interested in checking this series out.
    Avatar image for eightbitwarrior
    EightBitWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By EightBitWarrior

THERE'S NO ESCAPE!

Bison may have plumbing, but Balrog is opening up a Deli like his idol Bam Bam Bigelow. It's going to be called Buffalo Cuts, man. Word.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Very nice video man, looking forward to seeing more of it.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By StaticFalconar

I didn't buy SF4 to only play one character. While I do have my main , it doesn't mean I'm sandbagging if I'm playing my alts for fun (I'm still playing to win but just with a character I don't know much about, hence I play them to learn more about them). Me and my friends usually do best of 5 or 7 using our mains then use our alts to explore other characters. Who knows given enough time, my alts will be my main when I get good enough. If I'm playing a long session with somebody, the game gets boring real quick if I'm always facing the same character. After all when you hit a slump in learning curve with your main, the game can still be fun when you got alts.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jakob187

I wanna learn how to play as Gen.  He may be paper thin, but if you can actually land that one combo...it's virtually game over.  lol

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By StaticFalconar
    jakob187 said:
    "I wanna learn how to play as Gen.  He may be paper thin, but if you can actually land that one combo...it's virtually game over.  lol"
    enlighten us on what combo you're talking about.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jakob187
    StaticFalconar said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "I wanna learn how to play as Gen.  He may be paper thin, but if you can actually land that one combo...it's virtually game over.  lol"
    enlighten us on what combo you're talking about."
    @ 5m58sec

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lordofultima

That is a pretty sick Gen combo, gotta admit. My camera doesn't support boom mics so unfortunately until I get a better setup in HD and all that junk (which is coming) I'm stuck with the interference. It was shot on a ridiculously windy day as it stands and for the actual episodes I'll pay more heed to these things.

@Jacob187 -- points taken. I didn't do much fancy with this video because there was really no reason to, I just wanted to get this pilot out of the way so maybe people would understand better what's on the way. The actual episodes are going to be super-produced, and likely take a lot more man-hours to complete. Scripted and all. I just wanted to speak off the cuff on this one.

I've always had trouble looking people in the eye, be it in public speech class, or just everyday conversation. I know it's weird but the camera lens is even more frightening than someones eyes, because it's like hundreds of eyes all at once. Although I could avoid looking at the screen by flipping it the other way I suppose!

Thanks for all the comments!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jakob187
    lordofultima said:
    "That is a pretty sick Gen combo, gotta admit. My camera doesn't support boom mics so unfortunately until I get a better setup in HD and all that junk (which is coming) I'm stuck with the interference. It was shot on a ridiculously windy day as it stands and for the actual episodes I'll pay more heed to these things. @Jacob187 -- points taken. I didn't do much fancy with this video because there was really no reason to, I just wanted to get this pilot out of the way so maybe people would understand better what's on the way. The actual episodes are going to be super-produced, and likely take a lot more man-hours to complete. Scripted and all. I just wanted to speak off the cuff on this one."
    Cool beans, dood.  I was just throwing out some observations from what I had seen.  Figured you knew half of that, but nonetheless, just offering constructive criticism rather than bashing shit like usual.  lol  Wouldn't have bashed the video, though, since the idea of the series seems like a great thing to do, especially since...ya know...

*whisper*a lot of guys playing sf4 could use the help*unwhisper*
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LiquidPrince

Cool stuff.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lordofultima

@EightBit
    Buffalo Cuts, I sense a ridiculous audio podcast with that title on its way?!!?! That would be sick.

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gambit

Good vid ultima. I'm the same way with street fighter and i've been playing it since SNES. Before fighting games were online I just played my friends and destroyed them. Then I played Capcom vs snk 2 for the first time on x-box live and got my ass kicked for awhile till I started watching replays of how others played and looked up some combo vids.

7Force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 7Force

BADASS!

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By slinky6

I've only been a street fighter fan for a little over 3 months but it's pretty much been my life for that time.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By mike

Man, your editing skills are fantastic. Great commentary, can't wait for the next video...let me know before you record though, I want to try and kick the shit out of you again. I have a feeling I just got lucky last time.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lordofultima

More star wipes in the future? I'm not so sure. As far as MB goes, I have just recorded some videos with Jacob187, and I have to do an El Fuerte coming up here soon (he knows who he is). But after that it's the MB rematch of the century.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#26  Edited By ImperiousRix

Great vid.  I actually just started playing Vega a while back because nobody played him and he was really considered so bad.  Once I started getting really good as him and understanding his offensive/defensive capabilities, I play pretty much exclusively as him in serious competition.
    I pick other characters just to keep me interested, but if I'm going to win, I've gotta pick Vega.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jakob187
    lordofultima said:
    "More star wipes in the future? I'm not so sure. As far as MB goes, I have just recorded some videos with Jacob187, and I have to do an El Fuerte coming up here soon (he knows who he is). But after that it's the MB rematch of the century."
    Man, those were some sick matches last night.  Few good 5 round matches in there, and I can't even count how many times the words "*ugh*, that damn combo" came out of my mouth!  lol  Really wish we would've had audio commentary for the video.  Lot of good talk about strategy in there...couple of good laughs at ridiculous shit happening...and of course, me bitching because my Spiral Arrows were magically turning into Cannon Spikes.

*EDIT*  Ultima, spell my name right!!!!  GRRR!
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lordofultima

Thanks for pointing out that your name was spelled with a "K," otherwise I would have put that video up online and everything with a "C." Currently rendering, wait time 4 hours, attempt TWO. Jesus After Effects crashing is ridiculous.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By turbomonkey138

Nice video :D But im confused ... do you agree that certain moves and skills such as x-ups are "cheap"

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#30  Edited By mike

jakob187 said:

Few good 5 round matches in there, and I can't even count how many times the words "*ugh*, that damn combo" came out of my mouth!  lol  
    You mean the one where he does a couple of moves and then a hurricane kick into shoryuken? Yeah...I hate that one. He's got it down, though.

I've been working on my Gouken combos, you guys better watch out :) I wish I could pull some of these off.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lordofultima

Pretty much nothing is cheap to me unless you're Sagat, but that's a different story altogether.

As for that combo, I have to say as Cammy it's really stacked against you, as I can punish almost everything you do on block with that glorious combo, whether it starts with s. HP, c. MK, or just some jabs. It's all gravy.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By turbomonkey138

Man the replay feature is really handy. I picked up a few combos as balrog by watching two higher calibre fighting duke it out :)

Wesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#33  Edited By Wesker

Street Fighter IV is pretty fun. Can't say I understand a word otherwise in this post. :S

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By REDRUN

Great editing, keep the play to win attitude especially this the Theory Fighter. Great pilot too btw.

rerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rerty

dude ace work on the vid, you seem to have a great personality so it makes watching something like this bearable.

austinj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By austinj

Tons of potential... but the Pepsi drinking was a tad distracting at times. Also, you coulda tilted it up a little more to not cut off your head. Lookin forward to the next installment!

coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By coonce

that gen vid is sick!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.