Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

To wait or not to wait?

PopUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PopUp

Hey guys, I want to get this game bad. But is it worth waiting for Arcade to come out, or should I just jump into SSFIV? Also, can I play at a good level with the xbox controller, or do I need a fightstick/madcatz one to excel (I want to get good). Last question, are there enough on xbox live still playing this game?

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By audiosnag

I'd say get it now and just download the DLC when it comes out but that's just me. There's still lots of people playing it. If you plan on getting good and investing time into it I'd go for a stick.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @PopUp said:
    " Last question, are there enough on xbox live still playing this game? "
    I would think so.
    PopUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PopUp
    @audiosnag: 
    Wait arcade is coming as dlc for ssfiv? For free? And are there any cheap sticks that are still worth it, not willing to pay 200 :P
    yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By yoshimitz707

Not for free. I think it's like 15 or 20 dollars.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

You talking about PC or 360?  If 360, just get Super now and get the AE DLC when it comes out June 7th.  And yes, there are people still online.

As for the controller to use, it's all preference.  Right now Wolfkrone, arguably the best SSFIV player right now in the US, uses a Dual Shock 3.

I personally prefer a fight stick.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64
    @yoshimitz707 said:
    " Not for free. I think it's like 15 or 20 dollars. "
    AE DLC will be 1200 MS Points which equals $15.
    management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By management

It depends, do you want to get the game now for maybe 20 dollars or something, and then upgrade to AE for 15 dollars or wait for the AE disc release? As for a fightstick, it all comes down to preference. I prefer a fightstick but there are some top players in the state who uses a pad. If you want to use a pad, you should probably pick up one of those madcatz fightpads, they are really great and that is what I used until I figured out I wanted a fightstick.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By SlightConfuse

Get the game now to get cvomforablt with a character, you will have a lot of experience in a months time

then download the DLC

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By audiosnag
    @PopUp:
    I wish it was free. Like was mentioned it'll run you at least $10 I'd imagine.
    You can probably get a good stick for around $100 I think. I don't know if it still is but not too long ago I saw the first Madcatz TE stick for about $110. Like $80 cheaper then when I picked it up. Bastards.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By StaticFalconar

Last I heard if you have SSF4 already the DLC would be like 10-15 bucks, and if you waited til AE comes out the AE disc would be $40 new, so if you can get SSF4 for under 25 bucks or so, you would win out in the end. As for people playing, there are some, but not as many as before since the market has other fighting games like MK and MVC3, expect a flood in AE when AE gets released. 

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By MrMazz

Yea pick up SSFIV used its like 25 bucks on gamestops site than its just 15 bucks for the AE DLC which technically would be slightly cheaper than just waiting till June 5 or when ever it comes out

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.