Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Trying to build a custom XBOX 360 Arcade Stick

SilverShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Edited By SilverShadow

So I'm trying to find plans/instructions to build a custom Xbox 360 arcade stick, but I am having a hard time finding anything. I'm also having trouble finding a good retailer for arcade parts such as sticks and buttons. I really want to build one since I just got Street Fighter 4. So does anybody out there have a good website for custom arcade stick instructions and arcade parts? :)

SilverShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SilverShadow

So I'm trying to find plans/instructions to build a custom Xbox 360 arcade stick, but I am having a hard time finding anything. I'm also having trouble finding a good retailer for arcade parts such as sticks and buttons. I really want to build one since I just got Street Fighter 4. So does anybody out there have a good website for custom arcade stick instructions and arcade parts? :)

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

You would do all that just for one game?

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Luke
    SilverShadow said:
    "So I'm trying to find plans/instructions to build a custom Xbox 360 arcade stick, but I am having a hard time finding anything. I'm also having trouble finding a good retailer for arcade parts such as sticks and buttons. I really want to build one since I just got Street Fighter 4. So does anybody out there have a good website for custom arcade stick instructions and arcade parts? :)"
    Man, sorry, wish I could help.  Would be interesting to check-out though, or if anyone here is an expert or has information.  Let us know of your exploits if you ever get a project like this going!

SathingtonWaltz said:
    "You would do all that just for one game?"
    Street Fighter IV is a pretty darn gewd game and BlazBlue + The King of Fighters XII aren't too far off (then comes Tekken 6).
    SilverShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SilverShadow

I'm doing it not only SF4 but also for Tekken 6 when it comes out, King of Fighters XII, and any other fighting game that comes out in the future that I may be interested in. I think its a good idea. Plus it'll save me more money than buying an expensive prebuilt stick and I can feel like I accomplished something...lol :)

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Alexander
    Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Hulk

ArcadeInABoxAlexander said:

"http://www.lizardlick.com/
    "
    Probably the best site for parts other than some Japanese stores.  Be prepared for a pain in the ass if this is your first time doing this sort of thing.
    Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Wolverine

Why don't you just buy a premade one and avoid the trouble?

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hulk
    Wolverine said:
    "Why don't you just buy a premade one and avoid the trouble?"
    He already answered that with this...

SilverShadow said:
    "I'm doing it not only SF4 but also for Tekken 6 when it comes out, King of Fighters XII, and any other fighting game that comes out in the future that I may be interested in. I think its a good idea. Plus it'll save me more money than buying an expensive prebuilt stick and I can feel like I accomplished something...lol :)"

SilverShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SilverShadow

Thanks for the site! Does anybody know of any step-by-step instructions or plans to make an arcade stick for the 360? If I get some good plans then I'll start building soon and I'll keep you all up to date

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By Luke
    Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hulk
    SilverShadow said:
    "Thanks for the site! Does anybody know of any step-by-step instructions or plans to make an arcade stick for the 360? If I get some good plans then I'll start building soon and I'll keep you all up to date"
    If you search the shoryuken.com forums you should find several tutorials on this sort of thing.
    Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Reale
    Hulk said:
    "SilverShadow said:
    "Thanks for the site! Does anybody know of any step-by-step instructions or plans to make an arcade stick for the 360? If I get some good plans then I'll start building soon and I'll keep you all up to date"
    If you search the shoryuken.com forums you should find several tutorials on this sort of thing."
    damn it, hulk got there first! basically what he said.. they have pros on the subject and you can even look on youtube....
    RawShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By RawShark
    SathingtonWaltz said:
    "You would do all that just for one game?"
    Think of it like buying a really nice chess set if you're a chess player.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @SilverShadow said:
    " So I'm trying to find plans/instructions to build a custom Xbox 360 arcade stick, but I am having a hard time finding anything. I'm also having trouble finding a good retailer for arcade parts such as sticks and buttons. I really want to build one since I just got Street Fighter 4. So does anybody out there have a good website for custom arcade stick instructions and arcade parts? :) "
    So... did it happen in the end?  I'm really curious about this.  I'm thinking that I could make a 360 arcade stick for my final project in my senior year of high school, but I'm a 16 year old who's has next to no knowledge on this stuff other than the fact that I replaced buttons on my Madcatz SE Fightstick to Sanwa buttons, and I can't seem to find a concise guide on how to do it.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By lordofultima
    zolloz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zolloz89
    www.slagcoin.com is the site i used to make mine. THE best resource for stick building

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.