Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Uncertainty regarding TE's and Super TE's

Asahi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Asahi

So I am considering on purchasing a fightstick. My only boggle is that I read on kotaku that the Super TE's will have a 'slimmer' body, so what I want to know is does this imply that there will be some weight difference between the current TE's and the Super TE's? If so will this have a possible affect upon button execution if I am playing with the stick on my lap?  I am aware that the kotaku article states ' Tournament Edition "S" gets its "S" for its slimmer body. That doesn't have any real impact on the way the stick plays'

I hope you experienced stick players can help me out because there is a possibility that this is a superfluous question.  Primarily, are the SSFIV sticks worth waiting for? 

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Gambit

a guy from mad catz said they will both have the same weight diffence is the new slimmer body the lock button will lock turbo and start and select (or back), and more of the stick is artwork.

Kumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kumo
    @Asahi:
    Even if it were lighter, it wouldn't have any impact on how the stick plays. The weight does help keep the stick from sliding around on your lap, though. Like Gambit said, I believe it'll be about the same weight, just slim. 

edited because I forgot something.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By lordofultima

shinJN says they retained the original TE's weight (a very important aspect of what makes the TE good).

EvilGreenDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By EvilGreenDevil

Personally I like the added weight of the TE we have now, it makes playing on your lap or even table a lot easier. Also, I would think that once new sticks are out, the current TE's will drop in price even more. They are great and were designed to last a while. With how easy it is to mod and change parts, it really is the last stick you'll buy for a while. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.