who else thinks this game eneds quick look?

Avatar image for father_vice
#1 Posted by Father_Vice (86 posts) -

I demand a GiantBomb office tourney

Avatar image for scooper
#2 Posted by Scooper (7920 posts) -

Yeah it would be kinda cool but at this point they might as well wait until Super comes out. I would love to see a goofy casual GB tourny on video, though. I'm pretty sure Vinny, Coonce and a couple other engineers played alot of SFIV as well as Jeff. Ryan and the rest would be good cannon fodder

Avatar image for animoney
#3 Posted by AniMoney (962 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" Yeah it would be kinda cool but at this point they might as well wait until Super comes out. I would love to see a goofy casual GB tourny on video, though. I'm pretty sure Vinny, Coonce and a couple other engineers played alot of SFIV as well as Jeff. Ryan and the rest would be good cannon fodder "
I played against Coonce for a tourney we had here. I think he mentioned that he and Dave had played it a good amount.
Avatar image for lordofultima
#4 Posted by lordofultima (6582 posts) -
@AniMoney said:
" @Scooper said:
" Yeah it would be kinda cool but at this point they might as well wait until Super comes out. I would love to see a goofy casual GB tourny on video, though. I'm pretty sure Vinny, Coonce and a couple other engineers played alot of SFIV as well as Jeff. Ryan and the rest would be good cannon fodder "
I played against Coonce for a tourney we had here. I think he mentioned that he and Dave had played it a good amount. "
Yeah I played a long set with coonce shortly after the game came out, cool dude.
Avatar image for arbitrarywater
#5 Posted by ArbitraryWater (14683 posts) -

I think it would be better to wait for SSFIV before a quick look, but I assume it would go a little something like this: Jeff wins.

Avatar image for sunmanj
#6 Posted by SunmanJ (33 posts) -

How about an endurance run for one of the GiantBomb staff trying to get to the top of the rankings?

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
#7 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1554 posts) -
@SunmanJ:  An Endurance Run is supposed to eventually end, I highly doubt they have the time for that.
Avatar image for sunmanj
#8 Posted by SunmanJ (33 posts) -
@OwnlyUzinWonHan:  Naw. It ends either when they reach the top, or more likely when they get so sick of the game that they never want to play again. A true measure of their endurance.
Avatar image for purerok
#9 Posted by PureRok (4273 posts) -
@SunmanJ said:
" @OwnlyUzinWonHan:  Naw. It ends either when they reach the top, or more likely when they get so sick of the game that they never want to play again. A true measure of their endurance. "
Nobody would want to watch that.
Avatar image for alex_murphy
#10 Posted by Alex_Murphy (1195 posts) -

I don't know if I'd say that it NEEDS one, the game is kind of a known quantity. But I'd sure as hell like to see one anyway. And the office tournament is a great idea. Hopefully they'd make it a double elimination one so Jeff doesn't beat everyone too quick.

Avatar image for c1337us
#11 Posted by c1337us (5877 posts) -

It doesn't need one because it is a known quantity. However if it were to be structured as a casual office tournament with all the necessary commentary and smack talk it would be well worth watching I think just as entertainment rather then informative.

Avatar image for demontium
#12 Posted by demontium (5084 posts) -
@Father_Vice: They will for SSFIV.... right @Jeff: @Brad: @Vinny: @Ryan: @Drewbert: @Dave: 
 
and the rest.
Avatar image for misterpope
#13 Posted by misterpope (405 posts) -

A SSFIV office tourney would be quite enjoyable. Hopefully some good... "color" commentary from the guys.
Avatar image for father_vice
#14 Posted by Father_Vice (86 posts) -
@Father_Vice said:
" I demand a GiantBomb office tourney "
 
I am no false prophet.
 
and i'm totally glad they waited.  if it's a success then SC2 is the logical next...
Avatar image for richardlolson
#15 Posted by RichardLOlson (1904 posts) -

 A GiantBomb Tournament would be nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.