Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

With SFIV's release only TWO days away...

CuoreAzzurro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CuoreAzzurro

Are you ready for some Street Fighter? - and by this I mean, what are you all doing in terms of your SF related purchases? Which edition of the game will you be buying? For which system? And will you be purchasing any arcade sticks/specialized controllers?

I for one own both a 360 and a PS3, and decided to go for the 360 version, with the prime reason being Xbox Live. (As I don't have many... or ANY friends that I could play with offline that would serve as a challenge). I'm pretty sure that I'll be going for the Collector's Edition, even if I'm not entirely convinced that it's worth it. ... I'm willing to show my support for a game like this. My only complaint, is that I'd much rather have the Ryu figurine, and the Blu-Ray disc as opposed to the C.Viper figurine, and 360 game disc for the anime. Like many of you, I desperately want to get my hands on a Tournament Edition Fight Stick, so I'll be using a normal controller until that's possible.

I'm really interested to hear what everyone else is doing. Also, with so many people talking about Street Fighter, it feels like the arcade scene is hot again, and we're back in the 90's!

My gamertag is Mr Pinocchio, so feel free to add me if you're up for some Street Fighter!
    Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I'm actually contemplating whether or not to buy STF2HDR before getting SFIV...so, you know, I won't completely get my ass handed to me online :p

Any suggestions?

(Also soz for getting slightly off topic ;))

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Axersia

I'll be waiting for KOF XII, thank you very much.

CuoreAzzurro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CuoreAzzurro

Jolly Lolly, that's a very good idea. SSF2THDR is one of the reasons why I'm so pumped for SFIV. And yeah, I've been using it to sharpen my SF "skills" in anticipation of SFIV's release. Because it had been a while since I had played a Street Fighter game, and I was never very good at it, either. But I've really surprised myself at how quickly I turned from getting my ass handing to me EVERY game, to actually being extremely competitive.

In the end though, it's all in good fun.

And Miniman, I'm all for some Lost and the Damned DLC as well, It looks great.
    clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By clarke0

I got the Xbox 360 version and the Mad Catz control pad. Later I will probably get the SE arcade stick.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MikeFightNight

Think i'm grabbing the standard edition of SF IV for the Ps3. I have a 360 also but my Live just ran out and I don't feel like renewing it at the moment, but I dunno yet.  I wanted to get the regualr edition FIghtSTick, but I have heard that there is alot of problems with them, and even problems with the TE Stick, so again I dunno.

What do you guys think, should I get the 360 or PS3 version?WHat about a Stick?  Out of my friends I am the most into Street Fighter and the same goes for the people I have on Live, so if the PS3 online will do the same job of no lag fights  I will be happy with that.

So many choices.

Sushbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Sushbag

Now I can not buy it and get Killzone instead even sooner!

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By zitosilva

I pre-ordered mine for the ps3. I won't be getting any sticks, and I'm more confortable with the Dualshock 3 that with the 360's controller.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24

I am pretty excited myself. I am getting the regular, 360 edition and getting a SE controller stick. It should be AWESOME...provided I remember how to play fighting games ;)

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
    CuoreAzzurro said:
    "Jolly Lolly, that's a very good idea. SSF2THDR is one of the reasons why I'm so pumped for SFIV. And yeah, I've been using it to sharpen my SF "skills" in anticipation of SFIV's release. Because it had been a while since I had played a Street Fighter game, and I was never very good at it, either. But I've really surprised myself at how quickly I turned from getting my ass handing to me EVERY game, to actually being extremely competitive.

"
    Yeah I think I'm gonna go ahead and purchase it sometime later today. Hit me up if you wanna play a few rounds, GT: digital447
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Otacon

I will be getting the standard PS3 version, will be holding off on fightsticks for the meantime as well.

CuoreAzzurro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CuoreAzzurro
    Jolly_Lolly said:
    "CuoreAzzurro said:
    "Jolly Lolly, that's a very good idea. SSF2THDR is one of the reasons why I'm so pumped for SFIV. And yeah, I've been using it to sharpen my SF "skills" in anticipation of SFIV's release. Because it had been a while since I had played a Street Fighter game, and I was never very good at it, either. But I've really surprised myself at how quickly I turned from getting my ass handing to me EVERY game, to actually being extremely competitive.

"
    Yeah I think I'm gonna go ahead and purchase it sometime later today. Hit me up if you wanna play a few rounds, GT: digital447"
    Awesome man, will do. 
    bagmanforhire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By bagmanforhire

im getting the PS3 CE one and the standard 360 one, already i have a fightpad for 360

satseb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By satseb

I preordered the 360 version from gamestop. Picked up a Hori EX 2 for 40 bucks yesterday for the occasion. I've been playing Guilty Gear X2 #reload to get used to the stick, so far I love it. I think I found the last 40 dollar hori stick in the Dallas Fort Worth area, as even the employees at the gs were pissed that I picked up the last one in their store! :)

satseb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By satseb
    Jolly_Lolly said:
    "I'm actually contemplating whether or not to buy STF2HDR before getting SFIV...so, you know, I won't completely get my ass handed to me online :p

Any suggestions?

(Also soz for getting slightly off topic ;))"

Don't do it man. 15 dollars to play SF2 for two days? No thanks. While its a great game, if you haven't purchased it already you would just be throwing your money away. Do you think you will touch it ever again after SFIV comes out? Think long and hard - 15 dollars is a lot of dlc costumes for your new favorite fighter coming out tuesday.
    Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Dauragon

I'm ready to cry because I'm too broke to buy it.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Alexander

I'm just getting a regular edition. I see it as more of something for when friends are over - everyone loves Street Fighter. As for the sticks, well I'd need two and I'm not willing to pay for two.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.