Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter V

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 16, 2016

The fifth numbered entry in Capcom's signature fighting game series revamps the game's mechanics yet again while using a new system for post-release content.

Capcom Accidentally Announced Street Fighter V

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Oh shit, take that Microsoft!

lovcol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow... This must be the first time I've seen "PC" and "Exclusive" in the same sentence.

PrivodOtmenit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By PrivodOtmenit

@zzombie13 said:

@westernwizard said:

@zzombie13: What? SF4 and Marvel were both better on the 360.

Really? Okay I guess.

What about it was better exactly? I'm not challenging, just curious what it is that you preferred on the Xbox? I should probably point out that when I played INJUSTICE, MK or SF (and even SFxT), it was almost always vs mode with friends in the same room rather than online so that may be why we have a difference of opinion on the matter. MvC was never my game anyway, so I wouldn't know which version of that one was better. I'll take your word for it on that one.

Both SFIV and Marvel have better graphics on 360 (barely noticeable), less input lag and a smoother online experience.

In fact the PS3 has more input lag than the 360 on every game it seems - there are tests over at Shoryuken which show all PS3 arcade sticks having more delay compared to 360 versions of the same sticks.

I have Marvel on PS3 and well...it's so bad I actually prefer playing the Vita version, the Vita feels like the 360, the PS3 feels so delayed in comparison. Only downside is you can't use any arcade stick on Vita...

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

So are we thinking this is getting announced at PSX? Does PSX have like a press conference or something?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lovcol said:

Wow... This must be the first time I've seen "PC" and "Exclusive" in the same sentence.

Yeah, it's nice to see that Sony is being much more upfront about it now than they or Microsoft have been for the past year-and-a-half.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158  Edited By Lukeweizer
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really can't see this being a permanent exclusive, this series is a staple in... well, the entire culture of video games. It's one of the most recognized and widely played series of all time. How can Microsoft afford to let this slip? I'm kind of disappointed because I won't be getting a PS4 until way later...

AytchGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steveurkel: Wasnt Dead Rising 3 only on Xbox and PC? Now PS has theirs

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steveurkel: Wasnt Dead Rising 3 only on Xbox and PC? Now PS has theirs

I'd say that's a pretty big difference. Dead Rising is actually a series that is associated with Xbox, the first having been exclusive and the second game having exclusivity deals with Microsoft. That's a far cry from how many platforms and the audience that Street Fighter has had over its 20 year history.

AytchGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xyzygy: I see and respect your side. We will see what happens.

Psylockerules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Psylockerules

As long as Cammy is in, so am i

honestly if they keep Viper,Abel,Furte, Juri and Hakan that would be great

would love R.Mika and Skullomania but know its hopeless now

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Will grab it on PC. And pray for good net code. And pray for an unlocked framerate.

Fighting game and unlocked framerate? Nope. Flat 60 always.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like it's not a timed exclusive, lending more credence to the theory that it's a Bayonetta 2 situation.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#169  Edited By AV_Gamer

They just announced it's not a timed exclusive, so no Xbox One. They also announced cross platforming with the PC version, so PC players can play the PS4 players.

Xbox One is sinking fast, which is a shame; they do have a decent fighting game in Killer Instinct.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Co-developed with Sony, so it sounds Bayonetta 2 as f. This is still weird.

Nags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I'm at the PSX event right now. When I heard the official confirmation of SFV being console exclusive to PS4 (as in co-developed by Sony), I thought of this thread. Taking a break and resting my feet. This is seriously big news. I'm rolling around in a mountain of salt as we speak.

To top it off PS4 and PC gamers will be able play with each other! That's huge :) Sony is absolutely killing the competition.

akumous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is by far a better depiction of what is to come of Street Fighter V than the leaked unfinished videos that were posted previously. Loving the art style but they need more work on it to further differentiate SFIV from SFIV. Good work Capcom, loving the the new combat mechanic.

Homelessbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guard break is back! Count me as excite.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@lovcol: There are probably more PC exclusives than any other type, they just don't get advertised much.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By ThunderSlash

Oh wow crossplatform multiplayer. I hope they do this right and find a way to prevent PC-specific exploits/problems. How does the PC version of SF4 deal with macros and people running the game under 60 fps? I know that Mortal Kombat on the PC had a huge problem with the latter, the game would slow down so that both players would be playing the game at the same framerate.

lovcol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stingingvelvet yeah, but they are rarely AAA-titles. And you don't see those words advertised.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Druminator

Am I the only one that sees Street FighterS?

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lovcol: Well, one man's "AAA" is another man's "AA" ;)

I'd take Divinity: Original Sin, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity and the new Civilization over any PS4 or Xbone exclusive so far.

lovcol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By lovcol
    micemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By micemoney

Well damn. I was looking for a solid reason to finally pick up a PS4 and this out of all things? Crazy. Would have been cool to have SF and Killer Instinct on the same system but meh, what can ya do? If you don't have an arcade stick, Sony's controllers have always been better for fighters than Microsoft's controllers.

The big deal is how this impacts Evo, being that the 360 has been THE system for that event. This is shaking up everything.

Lothars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#183  Edited By Lothars

@micemoney: Technically 360 has only been the system for EVO in the last year before that it was PS3's

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one that sees Street FighterS?

Well now I do... thanks.

The big deal is how this impacts Evo, being that the 360 has been THE system for that event. This is shaking up everything.

I don't see that changing. 360 will stay the standard for past-gen and PS4 will (likely) become the standard for current-gen.

vivifortunia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring back parrying.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'll be sure to pick up Super Street Fighter V in two years.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrickklepek: You might want to update this news story by mentioning that Ultra Street Fighter 4 is coming exclusively to PS4 also and that SFV will have PC and PS4 cross-platform play. Adam Boyes clarified the exclusivity as a full console exclusive.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#188  Edited By s10129107

Am I the only person worried about PC/PS4 Crossplay. I found SF4 to be unplayable on the PC. There were so many people who ran the game maxed out with shitty graphics so that the game played out in slow motion. The framerate on every game seemed different to me. If you don't know what they did is that if somebody's PC couldn't hit a certain frame rate they would slow down the game frame rate so that it moved smoothly in slow motion. It's freaking bazarre. That coupled with the fact that every time i started to win a match on the PC people would ALT F4 out. How do they allow ALT F4 in a fighting game. Street fighter is the only reason i still have a console hooked up. If they allowed crossplay then i would have those same issues even if i had the playstation version.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure you can pick your opponents and set it to PS4 players only. But why would I want to fight PC players anyway? That's easy mode.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l1ghtn1n: There also seems to be some sort of super powered state similar to Instinct in KI it looks like. At about 0:36 Chun Li seems to activate it, adding an effect to her hands and at 0:50 Ryu seems to activate it as well causing a lightning effect. Really hope it is more similar to Instinct in KI rather than X Factor in Marvel.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Corvak

I wonder if this is really Sony buying an exclusive against Microsoft, or that Capcom didn't want to have a separate environment on Xbox - and MS said no to cross platform?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corvak said:

I wonder if this is really Sony buying an exclusive against Microsoft, or that Capcom didn't want to have a separate environment on Xbox - and MS said no to cross platform?

No business would give up millions of dollars in revenue for something like that. Especially not Capcom with their extremely tenuous financial situation.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corvak said:

No business would give up millions of dollars in revenue for something like that. Especially not Capcom with their extremely tenuous financial situation.

Yeah, true. Probably either they can't afford to do it on multiple consoles, or they went to Sony looking for funding to even make the game in the first place. SF is one of their few profitable IPs at this point.

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matoyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yukoasho said:

I'll be sure to pick up Super Street Fighter V in two years.

Hrm. You seem to be giving Capcom quite the benefit of the doubt there. In two years, I'd be expecting Ultra Super Deluxe Street Fighter V, not merely super. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.