Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter V

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 16, 2016

The fifth numbered entry in Capcom's signature fighting game series revamps the game's mechanics yet again while using a new system for post-release content.

Capcom cannot help themselves

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After releasing what everyone assumed was the final, final update for SF V, (Street Fighter V: Champion Edition) today Capcom announced another season pass with 5 new characters being added to the roster.

They're calling this their final season. I might just wait until Super Street Fighter V.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Capcom is helping themselves by putting out Dead or Alive levels of DLC* to make money from the hardcore fan base that has to have all the characters. Clearly this is profitable because they've done it five times now!

It's gamers who just want to buy a game and be able to play all of it that Capcom cannot or at least will not help.

This is the new way of fighting games and it absolutely sucks for casual fans, who are left with three choices: Wait for years and years to buy an actual complete version, spend a ton of money just to keep up, or be left with an incomplete version of the game. It's pretty much that way for every major fighting game unless you buy the superdeluxe version. Mortal Kombat just put out a $40 expansion so it's not like they're better, and Tekken has three season passes (I think Soul Calibur has 2.)

Killer Instinct's model, where the base game was cheap, was at least less predatory, but that game doesn't seem to have had much success and nobody has really followed it. I think every big time fighting game is going to be like this for at least the immediate future. Only huge flops like Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite will stop at just the one expansion pass.

*Not actually true because DoA puts out thousands of dollars of DLC, though much more of it is cosmetic.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I need to see some proof where they said they were "done" because they never actually said that we as fans just assumed that was the case because of the Champion Edition bundling all the previous DLC together.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.