Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter V

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 16, 2016

The fifth numbered entry in Capcom's signature fighting game series revamps the game's mechanics yet again while using a new system for post-release content.

Inital release content vs actual release content

trinhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't remember correctly but I remember that Capcom announced that SFV would have some content on release and didn't deliver. I just wanted to know if any of you guys remember what that was. I remember a couple:

• Double fight money challenges
    • Story mode
    • Vs CPU option

That's all I can think about as of right now.

sku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think the actual in-game shop wasn't active until about a month in, but I don't quite remember if that was some sort of announced feature or what have you. I know they ditched the whole premium currency thing after they realized that it's basically just... real money.

fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who typically thinks Capcom gets away with murder and is of half a mind to wish that Street Fighter would just die off so we could all move over to the one true fighting game (KI), I think I have to defend Capcom on this one. The line of scrutiny being pursued by the OP is just shitty, devs shouldn't be held to the features they discuss during development as though everything they're caught saying on tape is a "promise". Any kind of software development is hard, development that is also intertwined with a creative work is even harder, and if anything we want to know more about the dev process and have more interaction with the devs, but this kind of thing encourages devs to be more secretive and talk less and pass every word through a PR department lest a bunch of shitty entitled gamers get onto a soapbox over things that the devs "promised".

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l1ghtn1n: they added a vs cpu mode(3 rnd regular match)? Might have to hop back on, last i played i think juri just released.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of those features you listed were promised to be on release.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.