Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter V

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 16, 2016

The fifth numbered entry in Capcom's signature fighting game series revamps the game's mechanics yet again while using a new system for post-release content.

Karin players

pedantics1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

What the hell is going on with all the Karin players, spamming special after special Killer Instinct style. Literally every Karin player I've matched with does the same shit, really annoying to play against.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That should mean free wins then right?

pedantics1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Unless they manage to get you in a corner and easily knock off half a life bar in 5secs. She's so fast it's very difficult to defend if they get anywhere near you, especially if you're getting any lag (which seems to be true more often than not arm).

Avatar image for theindomitablesnowman
    TheIndomitableSnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside of special move spam, I'm just having trouble getting through her normals. Can't dash in cause I get poked to death. Can't jump in cause I get thrown. I guess I need to just hang back and be patient, but she seems to win every footsie trade no matter what.

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As a Karin player, almost every one of her specials is unsafe.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#7 jeanluc  Staff

I've certainly have experienced this but its rare because I'm always getting Ken players. Seriously stop with the Kens!

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell is going on with all the Karin players, spamming special after special Killer Instinct style. Literally every Karin player I've matched with does the same shit, really annoying to play against.

Yes, some fighting styles are annoying, but that doesn't make them invalid. If you can't adapt to that sort of style, that's your problem, not theirs.

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say go into training mode and set her recording slots to basically spam her special moves. Then you can work out how to punish her until you can do it in your sleep.

I'm just now exploring all training mode features and they're great.

TN04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, as a Karin player all of her specials can be punished in some way. I'd recommend watch that video just posted and also avoid throwing fireballs from just under full screen as she can do qcb+HP to go through. Once you play enough against Karin you might find shes kinda predictable

trinhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karin player here. She is very footies based character. Most of her special moves are unsafe besides shoulder and even that is -2 on block. (meaning all she can do is block or else she will get counter hit) Also her sweep is -14. One of the most punishable sweeps in the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.