Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StreetPass Mii Plaza

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Feb 26, 2011

StreetPass Mii Plaza is a collection of games designed to highlight the StreetPass functionality built into the Nintendo 3DS. Two games (Find Mii & Puzzle Swap) are automatically included while other games are available as DLC.

StreetPass 2: Giant Bomb Staff Edition

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

I haven't had a lot of luck with StreetPass encounters. Shortly after the aforementioned post, I met two other Miis in the form of Gamessa and Clif, making for a total of three people I've come across since the launch of the 3DS in March. My experience with this feature has been disappointing, especially since receiving duplicate puzzle pieces in Puzzle Swap is common when purchased with Play Coins, as opposed to being guaranteed a new piece when encountering a fellow player. Having never been to a convention where it's common for people to pack their 3DS, I was excited to see what would happen when I visited the Whiskey Media office on June 24th. Arriving back at my hotel later that night, I had completely forgotten that my 3DS was still on and in my pocket. I excitedly took it out and booted up StreetPass Mii Plaza to be greeted with this: 

Can you guess who? 
    Can you guess who? 

As you can see from the second pic, I totally had the inside scoop on Matt Kessler's first review .  

I then loaded up Puzzle Swap to reap my rewards.    

Patrick helped me finally complete my Mario and Bowser puzzle. 

Though I've technically finished Find Mii, I still have a few more hats to collect. Here's what the guys look like when pissed off at ghosts. 

Ryan is a badass. 
    Ryan is a badass. 

I also had the StreetPass functionality for Super Street Fighter IV turned on, and was surprised when I saw that Jeff was one of my opponents since I didn't encounter his Mii. 

They both kicked my ass, by the way. 

And those are probably the last StreetPass encounters I'm going to have for a very long time. 

Oh, and if there was still any doubt as to the identity of the man in the following photo ( from this thread ), I think Ryan's Mii is enough evidence to lay this mystery to rest:  

Case closed. 
    Case closed. 

-------  
    Valve's Christmas Gift------>
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't had a lot of luck with StreetPass encounters. Shortly after the aforementioned post, I met two other Miis in the form of Gamessa and Clif, making for a total of three people I've come across since the launch of the 3DS in March. My experience with this feature has been disappointing, especially since receiving duplicate puzzle pieces in Puzzle Swap is common when purchased with Play Coins, as opposed to being guaranteed a new piece when encountering a fellow player. Having never been to a convention where it's common for people to pack their 3DS, I was excited to see what would happen when I visited the Whiskey Media office on June 24th. Arriving back at my hotel later that night, I had completely forgotten that my 3DS was still on and in my pocket. I excitedly took it out and booted up StreetPass Mii Plaza to be greeted with this: 

Can you guess who? 
    Can you guess who? 

As you can see from the second pic, I totally had the inside scoop on Matt Kessler's first review .  

I then loaded up Puzzle Swap to reap my rewards.    

Though I've technically finished Find Mii, I still have a few more hats to collect. Here's what the guys look like when pissed off at ghosts. 

Ryan is a badass. 
    Ryan is a badass. 

I also had the StreetPass functionality for Super Street Fighter IV turned on, and was surprised when I saw that Jeff was one of my opponents since I didn't encounter his Mii. 

And those are probably the last StreetPass encounters I'm going to have for a very long time. 

Oh, and if there was still any doubt as to the identity of the man in the following photo ( from this thread ), I think Ryan's Mii is enough evidence to lay this mystery to rest:  

Case closed. 
    Case closed. 

-------  
    Valve's Christmas Gift------>
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

How is Matt at the same level as Patrick? Isn't there a lower level for interns?

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By ReyGitano

It still freaks me out that Ryan has cat ears.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Video_Game_King said:
    How is Matt at the same level as Patrick? Isn't there a lower level for interns?
    :P 

I think every Mii is automatically level 1. It might be better to ask someone who has met more people, though. 

@SlashseveN303 said:

I love it!
    ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ReyGitano

@Vito_Raliffe said:

@SlashseveN303 said:

I love it!

You're a horrible person. No one should admit to loving cat ears on people... publicly.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlashseveN303: I would say I wish more people would wear cat ears in public, but then it wouldn't be as cool anymore. I think Ryan pulls it off, though.
    CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

I love the fact Ryan has cat ears. 
    Wouldn't work on Bodega.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ReyGitano

@Vito_Raliffe said:

@SlashseveN303: I would say I wish more people would wear cat ears in public, but then it wouldn't be as cool anymore. I think Ryan pulls it off, though.

Where's the line? Where do we stop before we hit full-on furries walking in the streets, our workplaces, our schools?

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Vexxan

@SlashseveN303 said:

@Vito_Raliffe said:

Where's the line? Where do we stop before we hit full-on furries walking in the streets, our workplaces, our schools?

Will someone please think of the children?!

PatVB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By PatVB

This was hilarious. I love how well all of their Miis fit their personalities.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlashseveN303 said:

@Vito_Raliffe said:

Don't you get it? Don't you understand?! I want that world. I want it so bad.

@pat4327 said:

This was hilarious. I love how well all of their Miis fit their personalities.

Yeah, they did a great job making their Miis instantly identifiable.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ReyGitano

@Vito_Raliffe said:

@SlashseveN303 said:

@Vito_Raliffe said:

Don't you get it? Don't you understand?! I want that world. I want it so bad.

I followed you because I thought we could be friends... Now I follow you because I need to keep you under my watch for the safety of the world.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

I still love that image of Ryan.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlashseveN303: Deep down, you wish people would walk around dressed as animals, too.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Gerhabio

Gamessa! Like the cookies?

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Gerhabio

@Vito_Raliffe: I was just joking.

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@charlesalanratliff said:

"Though I've technically finished Find Mii, I still have a few more hats to collect."

How is that possible? I thought you get each hat as you progress through each room. If you've finished Find Mii, you should've gotten all the hats, right?

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@charlesalanratliff said:

"Though I've technically finished Find Mii, I still have a few more hats to collect."

How is that possible? I thought you get each hat as you progress through each room. If you've finished Find Mii, you should've gotten all the hats, right?

Apparently not because I finished it last week and I only got like maybe five hats out of it. I heard there's something that happens after you complete the game twice. It unlocks a second game or something.

CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insouciant: You have to go through the game multiple times to collect everything. They've updated it several times since I made this post, adding more levels and such. That sentence I wrote is now out-of-date!

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@charlesalanratliff@insouciant:

The total number of runs to get absolutely everything is high.

2 runs of Find Mii. Then 3 of the Find Mii 2. Then even more runs of the Secret Quest. And of course some the craziest hats are in Secret Quest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.