Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StreetPass Mii Plaza

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Feb 26, 2011

StreetPass Mii Plaza is a collection of games designed to highlight the StreetPass functionality built into the Nintendo 3DS. Two games (Find Mii & Puzzle Swap) are automatically included while other games are available as DLC.

Streetpass Plaza Getting 4 New Mini Games, More Hats

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By YoungFrey

Caveat: Not in North America yet and the games cost money

The 6.0 firmware update for Japan an Europe has updated the Mii Plaza. In addition to a new look, there are 4 purchasable minigames. They each cost 5000 円/€4.49/£4.49, or 1500 円/£13.49/€14.99 for all 4. The games can rewards hats, clothing, and other items. Also, tickets, but I'm unclear on what those do.

The new hats do not work on unupdated systems. So if you wear one while streetpassing with a US 3DS, that person will see you hatless (the ultimate shame).

Also, some new puzzles.

Probably of very little use, but the update now allows the "times met" counter to go over 99.

If I can figure out how to buy from the Japanese e Shop, I'll provide more details.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

That's kinda unfortunate that they cost money. I guess you're not exchanging anything like in Puzzle Swap? Because if you were, it would be hard to trade anything because I imagine adoption rates of this DLC are going to be pretty low. Are the games all basically like Find Mii, where the Miis just fuel your progress?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

sa-weet I'm really psyched. Probably put more time in those mini-games then most actual games on the 3ds.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's kinda unfortunate that they cost money. I guess you're not exchanging anything like in Puzzle Swap? Because if you were, it would be hard to trade anything because I imagine adoption rates of this DLC are going to be pretty low. Are the games all basically like Find Mii, where the Miis just fuel your progress?

It looks like your progress in the new games is fueled by Miis. Probably play coins too, but now those coins are being split 6 ways, not 2. I could be totally wrong, and they might have significant progress without it (but I doubt it). At least this is coming around the time Nintendo implements Streetpass hotspots. So people who don't go to conventions can get some.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Awww, pay DLC? that's a bummer, can't imagine there will be a huge amount of sales over here. I'll still get it though, sounds fun.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@youngfrey: I still wonder how effective those hotspots are going to be. Have they how exactly those are going to work and where they will be?

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngfrey: I still wonder how effective those hotspots are going to be. Have they how exactly those are going to work and where they will be?

I think it'll be as effective as Nintendo feels like making it. Given US sales of over 2 million 3DSes, any percentage of them going to a hotspot will yield a solid pool. If 1 in a 1000 owners is dedicated enough to hit 1 every day, that is 200 people. So it's really just up to Nintendo to decided which hits to feed to which people and when.

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reisz said:

Awww, pay DLC? that's a bummer, can't imagine there will be a huge amount of sales over here. I'll still get it though, sounds fun.

If I didn't have 2 3DSes or go to PAX, there is no way I'd get these DLC. But as it is, my regular Level 7 Mii visits keeps earning me fancy hats and I have a big crowd to show my dope finery off to every year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.