Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Streets of Rage 4

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 30, 2020

From the studios behind the indie games Streets of Fury and Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap comes an official fourth installment of Sega's Streets of Rage beat-'em-up series.

Streets of Rage 4 announced.

• 60 results
    nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

@shiftygism: Have you played Streets of Rage and Final Fight recently?

I had them both as a kid, and played A TON of Final Fight in the arcades. Final Fight CD was my jam.

By today’s standards, though? Streets of Rage

1 is just deeper and more enjoyable to play. The bosses are cheap as hell, but aside from that, it’s super satisfying. Final Fight still holds a place in my heart, but I just don’t think it holds up as well.

I haven’t played Streets 2 or 3 in forever. I want to beat Streets of Rage 1 first. My first run a couple of months back failed (stupid final boss...).

dartell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm pretty hyped about this! Axel looking like he put on some weight. The edges of the borders in the trailer leave room for more playable characters. Everytime I hear that Streets of Rage 2 opening I fall into a trance.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By mellotronrules

hmm. i don't know, man.

the art-style is kinda doing nothing for me. and the music- well, let's just say i own exactly 1 video game soundtrack, and it's this:

No Caption Provided

so i'm not sure if this is going to do it for me :(

JunkerWoland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By JunkerWoland

I thought Lizardcube's work on "Wonder Boy" was fantastic, but what they're showing in the announcement video does nothing for me and leaves me thinking they don't have the appropriate style for SoR. The music, similarly, doesn't excite. We'll see how things go; hopefully my initial take will change for the better.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The art style, animation, and soundtrack all seem really great for this. I especially like how brutal Axel's moves looked.

That being said, none of this is really making me feel like this is Streets of Rage and makes me wish more that they would give it the Sonic Mania treatment.

This looks more like someones interpretation of what they think Streets of Rage should be like instead of a carefully made homage to the classic games like Sonic Mania was.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By shiftygism

@nutter: Oh yeah, SoR is definitely the better series in retrospect, but I wasn't much of a Sega kid growing up so I don't have a strong connection to it like I do Final Fight. Plus Final Fight had Haggar and I was a Slam Master nut back then so...

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiftygism: I never liked playing Haggar as a kid (I was Cody-first, then Guy), but Haggar was undoubtedly the best character with the best audio samples.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By TheHT

Looks pretty! I'm not huge on beat-em-ups, but I can get down with one once in a while.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

Hey, this doesn't look half bad.
    If DotEmu wants to keep releasing games based on old Sega franchises like Wonderboy or Streets of Rage, I'm all for it.

ricobanderas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game isn't even a blip on my radar without Yuzo Koshiro.

Only if they get him does this game have my attention. Music is a huge, integral part to games, particularly old ones when it was the majority of what you were experiencing aside from the visuals. Like other great 8 and 16 bit era composers, Koshiro brought this game to life. It ain't gonna have that same life without his music.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.