Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Strike Suit Zero

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jan 23, 2013

A space sim game featuring transformable mecha.

New game by doulesix

MrXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By MrXD

Today recently, I saw a news about a mecha game called Strike Suit Zero by doublesix. Not much information about the game itself but doublesix released this teaser video couple days ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f76481472c04
    deactivated-5f76481472c04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Check out the video from Rezzed: http://www.vg247.com/2012/07/11/final-frontier-strike-suit-zero-wows-with-first-gameplay-footage/

I love this game.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Bollard

People who have been looking for a new space flight combat game might be well served by this.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

So this is supposed to come out next week wednesday. There's a deal in Green Man Gaming to get a Steam code for the game for 25% off if you use "GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1" when pre-purchasing.

I only noticed this game a few weeks ago looking at the "New Games" section here, but the more I've seen of it the cooler it looks. I probably won't be pre-purchasing, but will definitely be following the release to try and figure if it's for me or not.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#5  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

Although the normal flight seems like a space sim the robot suit part reminds me of Cybernator on the SNES. With that alone I think i'm going to go ahead and pick it up on GMG.

juice8367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By juice8367

Oh wow almost forgot that its comming this week. I remember Kickstarting this one.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By xxizzypop

I almost bought this as a knee jerk reaction, but I want to see the quicklook go up before I do.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SuperWristBands

I hadn't heard of doublesix before and in trying to remember something I never knew about in the first place, I thought of slantsix and immediately became upset. After I realized my mistake and I went to the images on the wiki and OH MY GOSH IT IS SO PRETTY AND HAS SPACE MECHS AND I THINK THIS GAME WAS MADE FOR ME!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ravenlight
    jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jozzy

Really curious about this one, hope we get a QL before release or I might just have to jump in "blind".

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheHT

@jozzy: quick look is scheduled to be up tomorrow.

henry1989929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By henry1989929

@ansys: wow,it seems cool. i like it. hah!~ thanks .

Hawkerace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Hawkerace

Unsure of this, probably will get it in the sale when the time is appropriate.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By reisz

This reminds me of the game I wanted Omega Boost to be, god damn did I ever enjoy me some Mechas in space. I'm not planning on buying anything 'til my backlog is complete but this is going on the list for sure.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheHT

After looking around to see if this was worth buying, I decided to bite the bullet and get this. It's really fun!

I dunno if it's just that I haven't played a space sim or a space shooter in a long time (The Old Republic's space sequences don't count) but the dogfighting is really fast and frantic but never confusing, and the movement is responsive enough for me to keep up with multiple enemies. Granted I've only played the first two missions, but it's made a great impression on me.

My biggest gripe is replayability. Apparently the biggest hook there is getting medals and performance upgrades from doing better in the levels, but co-op or a level editor (or even just a mission/skirmish creation option) would've be real nice. But at 16 bucks I figured what was there would be good enough.

Oddly enough the thing that drew me in to this game was the whole Macross mech thing, but the more I looked at it the more I just really wanted to play a space shooter. I dunno how much of a sim this is really, after seeing things like Evochron Mercenary this reminds me more of a Rogue Squadron type deal but stil not quite as arcadey as that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.