Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Subnautica

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jan 23, 2018

An underwater open world game focusing on exploration, and building.

surprisingly awesome

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

just beat this, and really enjoyed it. i thought this was going to be just a survival game but the Quick Look got me interested, it's got a really good story, concrete goals, and an ending.

quick question: (spoilers!!!!!!) is there any way to get off the planet while still infected?

really short review: it's super atmospheric, it's a great game to play with headphones or some nice speakers, really makes you feel like you're under the water, and has a great sound track. i didn't find the survival aspect overwhelming, they give you just a small enough push in right direction that you're not lost, while still feeling like a game about exploration. there was only one moment when i felt like i didn't what to do next, my recommendation is to scan everything and read the "exploitable" section of your databank so you don't miss something like i did. i found the story super interesting to the point where i read almost all of the entries in the databank. warning: there is a LOT of stuff you read, they wrote entries on every scannable object in the game.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fatalbanana

Yeah, Subnautica was rad! It does the survival crafting thing better than maybe any other game of that type I've tried. With that said I haven't actually beaten it yet. I got to the "end game" and for one reason or another I fell off. Don't know if I'll go back to it but I can say that I really liked it and recommend it to those curious.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.