Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 23, 2010

The first Mario sequel in over 15 years to appear on the same console as its predecessor, Mario is back in the galactic platforming game, joined by Yoshi as he explores additional planets with new mechanics, power-ups, and boss battles.

The reason SMG2 sucks and is great at the same time.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NekuCTR

Its called an oppinion people.
    However There are two broad catagories that dominate these debates, which is why we are tending to think in this, "black and white" mentality. The fact is that people who enjoyed the previous games and are willing to have more of the same because it is a genre, and all around play style, that they really enjoy, will probably think that SMG2 deserves all the praise. On the other hand people that do not enjoy a rehash, no matter the quality (and yes the straight  out haters.) will try to turn away and will be displeased to see that everywhere they turn will be an add, perfect score, or praising worship for the game they hate. With this they strike out against the game and so these pointless debates are formed.

If you were wondering, I personally do not like SMG2 because of its "more of the same" basis, but that's jut me.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

And you know that because you have pirated the leaked copy?

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By FrankWeidner

So... the reason SMG2 sucks and is great is called an opinion? So your opinion is people have opinions? 

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 02sfraser

everyone review i have read said it isn't more of the same so i don't really think your opinion is going to have any influence.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By Willy105

I hate rehashes.

It's why I like Nintendo games.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Dan_CiTi

From what I have played(about 30 stars) I have found literally nothing I don't like about it. 

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By I_smell

I really liked the first one, how it was all creative and had all fresh ideas n shit. I overlooked how it was such a baby game because it just flipped the genre on it's nuts n I had to play it.
    But this one's even more of a baby game than the last. I kind of wanna play it, but I don't know if I could put up with all that fuckin Yoshi.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Meowayne

^ wow.

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Supermarius
    @Haru48 said:
    " Its called an oppinion people.However There are two broad catagories that dominate these debates, which is why we are tending to think in this, "black and white" mentality. The fact is that people who enjoyed the previous games and are willing to have more of the same because it is a genre, and all around play style, that they really enjoy, will probably think that SMG2 deserves all the praise. On the other hand people that do not enjoy a rehash, no matter the quality (and yes the straight  out haters.) will try to turn away and will be displeased to see that everywhere they turn will be an add, perfect score, or praising worship for the game they hate. With this they strike out against the game and so these pointless debates are formed.  If you were wondering, I personally do not like SMG2 because of its "more of the same" basis, but that's jut me. "
    From just quickly looking at your achiements, you have played Halo 3 and Halo ODST, Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 and Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2, so i guess you like sequels in the same generation with minor innovations.I would contend that you demonstrably do like more of the same. Maybe you just irrationally hate mario/wii games.
    davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By davidwitten22
    @Supermarius said:
    " @Haru48 said:
    " Its called an oppinion people.However There are two broad catagories that dominate these debates, which is why we are tending to think in this, "black and white" mentality. The fact is that people who enjoyed the previous games and are willing to have more of the same because it is a genre, and all around play style, that they really enjoy, will probably think that SMG2 deserves all the praise. On the other hand people that do not enjoy a rehash, no matter the quality (and yes the straight  out haters.) will try to turn away and will be displeased to see that everywhere they turn will be an add, perfect score, or praising worship for the game they hate. With this they strike out against the game and so these pointless debates are formed.  If you were wondering, I personally do not like SMG2 because of its "more of the same" basis, but that's jut me. "
    From just quickly looking at your achiements, you have played Halo 3 and Halo ODST, Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 and Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2, so i guess you like sequels in the same generation with minor innovations.I would contend that you demonstrably do like more of the same. Maybe you just irrationally hate mario/wii games. "
    win
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ryanwho
    @I_smell said:
    " I really liked the first one, how it was all creative and had all fresh ideas n shit. I overlooked how it was such a baby game because it just flipped the genre on it's nuts n I had to play it. But this one's even more of a baby game than the last. I kind of wanna play it, but I don't know if I could put up with all that fuckin Yoshi. "
    Games are an escape mechanism. People who are actually adults with normal adult responsibilities have no problem tapping into their inner child. 25 year old manboys living off momma are the ones who need "mature" games for escapism because that's what they completely lack. Maybe when you're a grown up you'll be able to play Galaxy 2.
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By OllyOxenFree

OP can lick deez nutz.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By I_smell
    @ryanwho said:

" @I_smell said:

" I really liked the first one, how it was all creative and had all fresh ideas n shit. I overlooked how it was such a baby game because it just flipped the genre on it's nuts n I had to play it. But this one's even more of a baby game than the last. I kind of wanna play it, but I don't know if I could put up with all that fuckin Yoshi. "

Games are an escape mechanism. People who are actually adults with normal adult responsibilities have no problem tapping into their inner child. 25 year old manboys living off momma are the ones who need "mature" games for escapism because that's what they completely lack. Maybe when you're a grown up you'll be able to play Galaxy 2. "
    Allright calm down, I'm just talkin about the game. No need to jump on me all personal n shit.
    I'm usually way into doofy cartoon stuff if it's like a Rare game or Behemoth or a Pixar film, or y'know- I make kid's games so I'm totally on-board with this usually. But with Mario Galaxy 2 it seems like it's gone in the direction of even younger, to the point that I don't think I'm the audience for this one.

Really though, comin into a game forum n parading how you're older than someone, are you fuckin serious?
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @Willy105 said:
    " I hate rehashes.  It's why I like Nintendo games. "
    Silly Willy! 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I RHYMED!
    mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mikeeegeee
    @Haru48 said:
    " Its called an oppinion people. "
    Is it called an "oppinion"... or is it called an " opinion?" Sorry, OP, don't mean to call you out, but I found your starting sentence too hilarious to read much further.
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Coombs

I  agree, It's just a matter of opinion,  
    But why exactly did you feel the need to create a new topic on this when your opinion could have easily been put into one of the 100 already existing threads on this topic?        
    Also:
    @Haru48 said:

"  I personally do not like SMG2 because of its "more of the same" basis, but that's jut me. "

@Supermarius said:

" From just quickly looking at your achiements, you have played Halo 3 and Halo ODST, Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 and Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2, so i guess you like sequels in the same generation with minor innovations.I would contend that you demonstrably do like more of the same. Maybe you just irrationally hate mario/wii games. "

lol
    BenX02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BenX02
    @Supermarius said:
    " @Haru48 said:
    From just quickly looking at your achiements, you have played Halo 3 and Halo ODST, Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 and Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2, so i guess you like sequels in the same generation with minor innovations.I would contend that you demonstrably do like more of the same. Maybe you just irrationally hate mario/wii games. "
    This guy wins.
    ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18  Edited By ArcBorealis
    @Supermarius said:
    " @Haru48 said:

BOOM, this thread is OVER!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.