Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 23, 2010

The first Mario sequel in over 15 years to appear on the same console as its predecessor, Mario is back in the galactic platforming game, joined by Yoshi as he explores additional planets with new mechanics, power-ups, and boss battles.

Umm what Nintendo?

joshs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By joshs

"For the first time ever, during one console generation, there will be a Mario sequel! Mario Galaxy 2!"

What?  Weren't there 3 (platformer) Mario games on the SNES? 
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Endogene

They were talking about 3D Mario games.

joshs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By joshs

I see. I suppose that makes sense. :P

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By ArcBorealis

What Endo said, but I took it as the first time in a long time since we've seen more than 1 Mario game during a console gen.

But enough about that, this game just looks awesome. YOSHI!

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By TheJollyRajah

It's great and all, but after Galaxy 2, does that mean we'll have to wait another 6 more years to see a whole new Mario game? That's almost 8 years.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

But we also get New Super Mario Bros Wii, and I don't care what anyone says 4 player looks AWESOME and how you both help each other and hinder your friends to save your ass. It also looks purdy.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " But we also get New Super Mario Bros Wii, and I don't care what anyone says 4 player looks AWESOME and how you both help each other and hinder your friends to save your ass. It also looks purdy. "
    This.

On the Galaxy front i would have rather they kept it one per generation. Doing a bunch of sequels cheapens the original product in most cases. now if they did a new theme for this game i wouldn't have a problem, and if they would have released it on the next console that would be even better. It sounds like they really wanted to do this though, so im not going to be too hard on them. 
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well Galaxy has cool snow world too now. And I need more water levels. Water levels were so fun in Galaxy. More water levels please.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Willy105

This is unprecedented. Two new Mario games coming within months of each other.

This is A LOT better than having a bunch of Mario spin-offs.

@AgentJ said:
    "
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " But we also get New Super Mario Bros Wii, and I don't care what anyone says 4 player looks AWESOME and how you both help each other and hinder your friends to save your ass. It also looks purdy. "
    This.

On the Galaxy front i would have rather they kept it one per generation. Doing a bunch of sequels cheapens the original product in most cases. now if they did a new theme for this game i wouldn't have a problem, and if they would have released it on the next console that would be even better. It sounds like they really wanted to do this though, so im not going to be too hard on them. 
    "
    That didn't happen to the first Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario World. They both had sequels that were better than them, and they are still regarded as classics.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By TheKidNixon

Mario Galaxy 2 is basically a bunch of ideas that didn't make it into the first game smashed together into a new product. It is great to see that they're so innovative that they can have two full games of content, and it isn't like SMG was exactly super shot or anything.

And I'm willing to wait for a full-fledged new Mario game if its as polished as the original Galaxy was and this looks.

MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By MrPerfect

I am pumped up for the new Mario Galaxy, Im glad that Nintendo announced this sequel. 

RowdyRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By RowdyRob
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Well Galaxy has cool snow world too now. And I need more water levels. Water levels were so fun in Galaxy. More water levels please. "
    Only if the water levels contain more penguins. They made the game shine even more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.