Armageddan - Anyone beat it? has video?

• 121 results
#101 Posted by hassun (9946 posts) -
#102 Posted by Wallzii (232 posts) -

Wow, I can't believe how deep this rabbit hole has gone. This is by far one of my favourite things in gaming this year.

#103 Edited by CorporalGregg (195 posts) -

I did it! I finally did it! I spent way too much of my new year's eve and new year's day bashing my head against the Armageddan, but I fucking did it.

I didn't mean to, but as soon as I hit the finish I tossed my Wii U gamepad hard in the air and it hit my computer desk and didn't sound great, but it's still working. I don't remember ever reacting to something like that before.

No Caption Provided

#104 Posted by Penderton (135 posts) -

I don't think that's a good bet on the double or nothing or was there no bet to begin with? Was hoping Patrick would make it to the door just before time was up because he said he was going right and that would've been it, I think that would've got him to quit. But with 4 hours it won't matter now and he'll probably beat it.

#105 Edited by atomicoldman (831 posts) -

I made a thing in honor of @danryckert's destruction of the coward Patrick.

Loading Video...

I know the masking is crap, I don't have a video editing program I can do that in so I had to fuck around in photoshop and animate it.

#106 Edited by Dr_Insane (756 posts) -

I browse yahoo homepage from time to time (yeayea laugh it up about yahoo) because there's sometimes some interesting articles linked on front page, usually sciencey stuff. Anyways, I just saw an article about Dan and this level on the frontpage of yahoo... which I find pretty funny. I'm sure Dan would be pleased with himself. http://news.yahoo.com/sadistic-mario-maker-stage-destroys-181753004.html?nf=1

#107 Posted by hassun (9946 posts) -
#108 Posted by Penderton (135 posts) -

That time he almost beat it while Dan was publishing the shirts. Didn't beat it though, sure showed me, I thought that was lots of time for one puzzle.

#109 Posted by Teddie (2137 posts) -

"I quit." -Patrick Klepek, 2016

#110 Posted by Penderton (135 posts) -

Dan wins shirt (available for 2? hours): https://teespring.com/the-armageddan

Dan is a Monster shirt: https://twitter.com/aurahack/status/683836856098775041

#111 Posted by hassun (9946 posts) -
#112 Posted by Fram (1852 posts) -

Fitting that the start of 2016 wraps up the greatest esports rivalry of 2015. What a season.

#113 Edited by hassun (9946 posts) -
#114 Edited by Duffyside (959 posts) -

Can anyone share exactly how close Patrick got to beating the level last night? I can't commit to watching the whole thing. I saw one tweet from Dan saying Patrick "made the jump." I'm not even sure what that means.

If someone had a timestamp on one of Patrick's archives, that's be ideal, but a summary would be just as welcome.

#115 Posted by Jesus_Phish (3845 posts) -

The way I see it, it's now 2-1 to Patrick. Congratulations to Dan for getting on the scoreboard at last.

#116 Posted by chaser324 (8650 posts) -
#117 Posted by CorporalGregg (195 posts) -

The way I see it, it's now 2-1 to Patrick. Congratulations to Dan for getting on the scoreboard at last.

Dan made it clear his goal all along was to just make Patrick fail/quit. Whether it took him 1 level or 300 levels, so the whole 2-1 thing doesn't really fly. Patrick put up a valiant effort, but ultimately Dan got what he wanted.

#118 Posted by Jesus_Phish (3845 posts) -

@corporalgregg: I know what Dan's ultimate goal was, but as far as saying he's won, sure he got his goal, but really it's 2-1 to Patrick. I think Patrick said he'd keep at it and that he will beat it one day but he's just not going to focus on it exclusively at the expense of other levels.

#119 Edited by Duffyside (959 posts) -

@chaser324: Thanks, duder.

@jesus_phish said:

Dan made it clear his goal all along was to just make Patrick fail/quit. Whether it took him 1 level or 300 levels, so the whole 2-1 thing doesn't really fly. Patrick put up a valiant effort, but ultimately Dan got what he wanted.

That's a pretty weak standard by Dan then. It's like a little kid screaming "no no, let's pway again let's pway again I wanna twy again" every time he loses, until finally the parent relents. And why was there any arbitrary time limit on this one again? As far as I can tell, Patrick was pretty close to beating it.

#120 Posted by Wlleiotl (310 posts) -

Patrick set himself a time limit. Looked like he got very close, reckon he'll have beaten it in a week, and if he's had no outside help, thats an incredible achievement

#121 Posted by Penderton (135 posts) -

I'd say it's 1-1 as one of the levels had no time limit or anything.

#122 Posted by hassun (9946 posts) -

@duffyside: People really need to understand and come to terms with the wrestling heel persona Dan does and the concept of an "I Quit" match. Getting this type of comments over and over is tiring.

As for how far he got, here is the solution video (sorry still can't embed anything) at the spot Patrick got to: https://youtu.be/LVv3XzSe5Ks?t=8m The difference being that Patrick had lost his helmet at this point so he couldn't actually proceed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.