Credit Where Credit's Due: The Giant Bomb Level 1

Posted by RJPelonia (927 posts) -

Much like my first Credit Where Credit's Due of The Giant Bomb Level 2, here is an annotated version of the first Giant Bomb Level made from Giant Bomb Makes Mario. Once again, thanks to @szlifier's qlcrew.com for making this possible.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Full views here and here. Version without the suggestions here and here.

As with the other level, there are a few that might not be the exact suggestion Jeff read from, but I used my best guess when combined with the delay and when he looked at the chat.

Special thanks to @alavapenguin, @biggnife, @yami4ct, @aaron7h, @nonowaii, @ghosthouse, @xhunterpaul, @seinenfeld, @evikull, @butttock, @seanface, @brendanpatrickhennessy, @baddudes, @guillerbro, @knivesout, @dannyglover, @mikelemmer, @pgamel, @dezinus, @ketchupman36, @extragingerbrew, @adamizerr, @lance_mccloud, @afroofdoom, @mollusklingers, @meetthepyro, @jsnebben, @somariman, @gubbin, @stonebones, @silentsandman, @benlaserlove, @random88, @eaxis, @verysexypotato, @tech-noir, @shalkore, @galacticbrofist, @pbalfredo, @muzhik, @tmbaker, @paperlionsa, @evilalfie, @variant3, @the_t, @kevino13, @fujiro, @metalliccookies, @giga, @dorkymohr, @jster57, @orzstar, @ninjason, and @bit_agent for the suggestions that made it into this ridiculous level and to @jeff, @drewbert, @unastrike, and @danryckert for putting it all together. Looking forward to the next level.

#1 Posted by CatsAkimbo (792 posts) -

This is amazing! I'm impressed with your dedication :D

#2 Posted by Zero_ (2088 posts) -

This is great!

Avatar image for arrested_developer
#3 Posted by Arrested_Developer (846 posts) -

Awesome! I'd been wanting to know the genius that suggested Police State

#4 Posted by Yummylee (24646 posts) -

Once again great work! Fucking sucks that these haven't received more attention because they certainly deserve it.

#5 Posted by dudeglove (13736 posts) -

Fan bloody tastic

#6 Posted by jeffgoldblum (3923 posts) -

This is awesome. Top notch work.

#7 Posted by clagnaught (2117 posts) -

Wow great work! Giant Bomb has an awesome community, but the part that is devoted to some of the random archival activities like this is really inspiring.

#8 Posted by carnelust (34 posts) -

I've been wondering since the first video, was that a reference to something in particular?

#9 Posted by turboman (9875 posts) -

Awesome work. Congrats to @muzhik for contributing "POLICE STATE" as well as @orzstar for contributing to my favorite level design chunk (A block that shoots out a mushroom, no traps).

#10 Posted by BisonHero (11576 posts) -

@carnelust said:

@arrested_developer said:

I've been wondering since the first video, was that a reference to something in particular?

I don't know the inner working of muzhik's mind, but I don't believe that's a callback to anything. Just a hilarious phrase to associate with a Mario level.

#11 Posted by Xeiphyer (5939 posts) -

This is really amazing!

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
#12 Posted by Redhotchilimist (2960 posts) -

Nice work!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.