Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario Maker

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Sep 11, 2015

This Nintendo Wii U game lets players make their own levels based on four different Super Mario Bros. games, with a deep level of customization and built-in level sharing systems to let other players enjoy their work.

#MariosConquest (A Mario Maker 4-World Series)

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Edited By TheMasterDS

I’ve always tried to do new things with my levels and while I’ve done 40 very diverse levels (and written a blog/piece about doing so which Waypoint’s Austin Walker liked), I’ve never done a 32 level multi-world series. So that’s what this is! Four world of four levels a piece, each world building a new locale, each level setting itself apart on top of that. #MariosConquest

Avalanche Lodge is four very good levels set on a ski retreat. They came together really well! Was surprised how many real good moments got into each. Hope to keep that up.
    Avalanche Lodge is four very good levels set on a ski retreat. They came together really well! Was surprised how many real good moments got into each. Hope to keep that up.

World 1: Avalanche Lodge (Out now!) (SMB3)

The first world I've done is a snow world taking place in a rundown but, admittedly, sprawling Ski Resort up in some snowy mountains. It's got snow covered slopes, cozy warm cabins, and everything else you'd expect to see at a ski retreat except, perhaps, safety regulations.

The Spa's interiors are a nice break from the rest of the Lodge's theming.
    The Spa's interiors are a nice break from the rest of the Lodge's theming.

1-1 Cabin Fervor: The main installation. Everyone here is a bit jumpy from being indoors. This is a simple intro level built around one of my favorite mechanics from my first 40 levels.

1-2 Thrift Lift:They cannot legally call it a chairlift because it has no chairs. This is my take on DKC1’s Trick Track Trek. Enemies board your lift and try to dislodge you.

1-3 Secret Sauna:A hot spring turned tourist trap. The water outside is boiling hot, and that goes double for the lava inside! This level is super cool. It was inspired by Fez!

1-4 Diamond Drop: A dangerous downhill course. Great for beginners! A lot of this level is a fun and fast snowshell ride to close out the world. Can't do a ski lodge world without snow sports.

Subsequent Worlds

When additional worlds are released I’ll post a breakdown of them as a new post and link to that post here. Most worlds have taken about a month to make, except World 4 which took two. I will be taking a break now that World 4 is out but will return before the end of the year.

Unreleased worlds are italicized.

Igneous Park is the second world
    Igneous Park is the second world

World 2: Igneous Park (Out Now!) (SMB)

World 3: Literary Pursuits (Out Now!) (World)

World 4: Glam Rockface (Out Now!) (New U)

There’s also optional red coins to find in every level except 4-4. 2 red coins are easy to see but can be tricky to get, 1 red coin will always be right before the end, and 3 red coins will be in the elusive Red & Gold M. If you collect them all I suggest commenting to prove it!

(When SMM2 Was Announced) Declaring this complete since never made progress on world 5 once the Switch came out. To celebrate the announcement of SMM2 I released the one level of world 5 I made as a stand alone.

SuperGary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm just after playing through your first world, Avalanche Lodge. It is a nice start to your complete world, with the difficulty easy enough for a first world, but with still enough going on to keep things interesting. My favourite level of the four was 1-2 Thrift Lift. I liked the pace of that level.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

It's passionate projects like this that make me want to buy a WiiU solely for Super Mario Maker. These looks great@themasterds, can't wait to see world 2-8!

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheMasterDS

World 2: Igneous Park (Out now) (SMB)

World 2 takes place is dense, beautiful and hot National Park that somehow hasn’t burned down yet. In the eighties Bowser’s firewatch commission said the trick was vigilance, but that didn’t stop them from being defunded. Be sure to see in all the landmarks while you’re here!

Igneous Park is packed full of landmarks! Rivers, geyser, waterfalls, you name it!
    Igneous Park is packed full of landmarks! Rivers, geyser, waterfalls, you name it!

2-1 The River Kyx: This river has a real kick to it! Make your way along Igneous Park’s most famous river avoiding (or stomping?) all the piranhas who jump up from the waves!
    2-2 Ol Wraithful: You have to see these geysers! They go off like clockwork if said clockwork is possessed by angry ghosts who determine when they go off. They’re a sight to behold!
    2-3 Bramble Gamble: Going into the thick bramble patch above Igneous Park is, well, a gamble. Can you jump, climb and fly through the thorny thicket?
    2-4 Fire Opal Falls: There’s only one way to go down waterfalls as nice as these ones: In a “barrel”! One thing though, lots and lots of enemies had the same idea. Watch out for them.

I'm super happy with this world. Full of variety, great solid theming, and really cool mechanics. I think you'll like this a lot.

(I made an Imgur post with more images/details from the levels if you want more of that before or after you play)

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheMasterDS

World 3: Literary Pursuits (Out now) (SMW)

Literary Pursuits is the prestigious and notoriously decadent library attached to Bowser’s alma mater East Badland Junior High. In these halls you'll find bookshelves full of knowledge and adventure. Literally. Also nice furniture, piles of books, and the learned themselves. There is no talking or music in the library. Well, except for special circumstances.

In these halls you'll find long bookcases, piles of books, quality furniture and, well, chase scenes.
    In these halls you'll find long bookcases, piles of books, quality furniture and, well, chase scenes.

3-1 Hush Rush: This may be the young adult section of the library, but that doesn't mean you won't find real danger. They say towers of ghosts chase down those who linger to read.
    3-2 Nobel Rise: A towering edifice in which the most learned scholars congregate. Also dumb dinosaurs. Make your way up to the top through its many departments weaving around those above you.
    3-3 AV Gloom: This is the library’s computer room. You gotta get to it! Make your way through and around massive servers and monitors while avoiding the many Chomps who spew out of the machines. Hit the switch and shut them down!
    3-4 Bookchase: These are the deepest recesses of the library. Expect massive towering bookcases, huge books and concerning amounts of ghosts. The only refuge to be found is in a book. Well, three books. Plunder Archipelago, Spinechillers 17: The WRONG Tree & Trevor Banks: The Spy Who Snow Skied. (Real talk, this level basically has 4 levels’ worth of theming in it and also might be my favorite level I've ever made?)

Check it out!

(I made an imgur with more images and details, including images and descriptions of each of the three books from 3-4, plus a W4 preview)

Also, hey so, next month (or whenever I post it- kind of considering getting off the "1 level per world, every world on the 1st" schedule) Glam Rockface is gonna drop, which is a huge venue built into the side of a cliff. Anyway, whole thing with that world is that it builds up to 4-4 Klifftöp Klash, the first "Boss Fight" level in the eight worlder! I'm looking for band name suggestions. They can be Mario/Nintendo based like "Miyamotorhead" or "Dying Ztar" but I don't think they have to be. If you have any great/terrible ideas please do post them here!

Edit: Had to pull the world down sadly due to a few softlock issues that could occur where, after the checkpoint, you could find yourself trapped with no way of escape. I also made other improvements while I was at it based on the stats for the levels so far (3-1 was harder than I had hoped apparently) and critiques I sought out since I was making changes. Brief patch notes are in the miiverse comments!

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheMasterDS

World 4: Glam Rockface (Out Now) (New SMBU)

Glam Rockface is the largest venue in Bowser’s domain and is played at by only the biggest (literally) bands. Even from the nosebleeds 4 levels back you can hear the music blare from the center of the massive cliffside. Wrestle your way through rowdy fans, dangerous pyrotechnics and the dangers of the cliff itself to make it to center stage and face off with none other than Ztar-Storm, the only band to be entirely formed out of mid tier bosses. Boom Boom Doom doesn’t count because they’re minibosses.

Glam Rockface is a massive rock venue carved from a cliffside. It has ledges, walls with holes in them, groupies and the Bowser music performed live by the band in 4-4.
    Glam Rockface is a massive rock venue carved from a cliffside. It has ledges, walls with holes in them, groupies and the Bowser music performed live by the band in 4-4.

4-1 Crowdsurf Crag:These might be the nosebleeds, but the music is still loud. Crowdsurf across crowds partying on the many ledges, jump over jumping plants and flying foes, and use fire flowers to create platforms you can bop over pits with.
    4-2 Pyrotech Path: This is where the pyrotechnics are shot out from. Um. And also return to apparently? Watch out for Pyrotechnics coming from above as you make your way forward close and closer to the stage! They'll destroy you, your enemies and the ground itself alike!
    4-3 LED Zeppelins: A small fleet of blimps which carry the rafters and lights which are used to light up the stage. Make your way along the rafters, dodging fighter jets as you do so, and climb up onto the blimps themselves!
    4-4 Klifftöp Klash:Center stage. The showdown. You’ll face down the members of Dying Ztar one by one. There’s the drummer Dry Tones Bowser, the guitarist Spike Topher, the singer Screaming Peter, and Goomba Jr. on the Keyboard. You can fight them in any order!

Whew. That took a month and change longer than I'd hoped. I'm taking a break now. After doing levels for 5 months straight I need a break. Don't know when I'll finish the eight worlder.

Edit: 4-4 was having trouble since people hit the first boss and burned out, so I gave it a whole rehaul. Now you can tackle the bosses in any order. I need to sleep now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.