Super Mario Maker - Community Level Building Concept

#1 Posted by devise22 (736 posts) -

So, I've been a constant reader and sometimes poster on these boards. I recently picked up Super Mario Maker just before the new year, and like a lot I am greatly enjoying it. I've had some fun going through some of the levels on the Showcase thread, and I had a random idea. I'm mostly just curious if anyone would be interested in it.

The idea would be to run some type of Community Level Building contests. It could be run weekly, or bi-weekly. Monthly perhaps but I feel like that would be too spaced out. It would be simple, we vote/all decide on a theme for the month. You could start by getting suggestions in and someone who is running it (me in this case) would select the first category, and then from there we would put the rest up to voting. Everyone who builds one level and submits it would be in the contest for that set. We would then as a community play as many of the levels as we could, and then vote on a winner, a person/level we liked the best from that theme. Themes could also include rules, like no scrolling screens, none of this item etc.

I just think it would be a cool idea to get more levels going in the community here and get some more engagement/creativity from level creators. So yeah, let me know if there is anyone interested in joining me for this idea, and if so I'll begin steps to create it proper, and get going with our first theme.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.