Super Mario Maker: The Giant Bomb vs. Patrick Klepek Recap

#251 Posted by HoM3R (233 posts) -

First off #TeamPatrick all the way.

But have to say that Patrick was eyeing the chat pretty hard last night. When thinking out loud and throwing out theories he would look at the chats reaction.
After #TeamRyckert playtesting it over the weekend im gonna call it even.

#TeamPatrick

#252 Posted by Monkeyman04 (2793 posts) -

@hom3r: WHO CARES!? Half the funds are going to both charities! I bet if Scoops didn't beat it, that would have been the outcome any ways.

#253 Posted by ravingham91 (203 posts) -

What is the best way to watch this? Is there a stream of Patrick Playing with Dan commentating over the top?

#254 Posted by gerrid (692 posts) -

It was almost unbearable watching Patrick trying to get through the platforming sections having solved the riddle, but just needing to execute. I felt nervous just watching, must have been awful to play. So many fiddly little areas, so much riding on it. Amazing.

In the end I missed the victorious run because I was getting coffee... dang. Looking forward to watching it on the archive later.

#256 Posted by brads_beard (243 posts) -

Patrick Klepek: not a baby

#257 Posted by TigerClaw (92 posts) -

And just like that, Patrick finally defeated The Ryckoning. :)

#258 Posted by bdcool213 (3 posts) -

Sup everyone. In case anyone was curious, I posted a video of all of the versions of The Ryckoning since I was one of the guys who was helping out Dan check the level for exploits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm2Ag38eTGs

But yeah this whole challenge between Dan and Patrick has been entertaining as hell. I can't wait for their next challenge that is going to happen soon.

#259 Posted by AkihikoSenpai (41 posts) -

The crowd-sourced mario features are great, please make more!

#260 Posted by Eaxis (1138 posts) -

Cool to see how much the level changed but I feel this fight wasn't on even terms since he got so much help revising the level. Would've been great to see Patrick break his level.

#261 Posted by Eribuster (944 posts) -

Scoops did it. He actually did it. Shamefully, I thought he would succumb.

Congrats, Patrick!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c295850623f7
#262 Edited by deactivated-5c295850623f7 (497 posts) -

@ravingham91:

For the last episode (I couldn't bare watching Patrick flounder for ~3 hours. 2 is enough ha)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nvOZCNuk6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LZeCZYtmvw

They're about 2 minutes 15 seconds behind, so just pause and unpause and it should synch up nicely. Someone is currently working on merging both into one video so it might be worth waiting for that.

#263 Posted by Sinusoidal (3608 posts) -

Holy freaking smokes, $12'080!! That's awesome. My faith in video games has been restored.

#265 Posted by BranDong (270 posts) -

I love the Giant Bomb crew more than my own family!

#266 Edited by moyer78 (20 posts) -

Does anyone know if there is a archive of Dan's Periscope video while he is watching Patrick? I don't really want to watch the whole thing, but I am very interested in what Dan's reaction was when he finally realized that Patrick was going to beat his level.

#267 Posted by Chamurai (26 posts) -

@moyer78: https://youtu.be/5LZeCZYtmvw

This is what you want.

#268 Edited by Kosayn (543 posts) -

Every time Drew makes a suggestion, it gets shot down. Until finally, the death applause suggestion.

#269 Posted by moyer78 (20 posts) -
@moyer78 said:

Does anyone know if there is a archive of Dan's Periscope video while he is watching Patrick? I don't really want to watch the whole thing, but I am very interested in what Dan's reaction was when he finally realized that Patrick was going to beat his level.

@chamurai said:

@moyer78: https://youtu.be/5LZeCZYtmvw

This is what you want.

Thanks!

#270 Edited by hassun (9946 posts) -
Loading Video...

What.

#271 Posted by bdcool213 (3 posts) -

@hassun said:
Loading Video...

What.

Are you serious!?!?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#272 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (3662 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.