Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Mario Sunshine

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jul 19, 2002

While vacationing on tropical Isle Delfino, Mario is framed for vandalism committed by his own shadowy doppelganger, forcing the paroled plumber to clean up the entire island by using a specialized water-spraying device known as F.L.U.D.D.

Would love to see this on Switch close to launch

Ser_Foxalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As someone who hasn't owned a Nintendo home console since the N64, Sunshine would be a fantastic game to have on the Switch virtual console close to release. I've already decided to preorder the Switch, and Mario Sunshine is a game I've always wanted to play. I know Sunshine isn't the most popular game ever, but a friend of mine really likes it, and so does Dan, lol.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to finally play this game. I never had a GameCube but I really wanted one.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Mario Sunshine is problematic as a mainline Mario game because it does not control like a normal Mario game, except it taunts you by taking FLUDD away at times and making you wish the whole game was like that. It also has pacing issues.

That said, taken on its own (without all the Mario baggage) it is a pretty good game and I would buy a digital copy at a good price. At $15 it would be an easy buy and at anything over $20 it would be a pass for me.

The game is cool, though, and I would love to see it on the Switch.

I wish they would announce some Virtual Console specifics instead of Nintendoing and refusing to announce a core part of a console that is 1 month out.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

They need to make basically every great game they have released over the past 25 years available for a reasonable price on this system. If they do it right, it could be a must own system.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: Yeah, I remember loving those bonus stages where the game basically became 3D Land. Otherwise it just wasn't that much fun running and jumping with FLUDD. Didn't hate my time with Sunshine but it really did slide right off me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.