Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

Funny Windows 7 error on quit

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BombKareshi

So I got Super Meat Boy on Steam, and it works fine. Until I quit, at which point Windows 7 is consistent in giving me a "SuperMeatBoy.exe has stopped working" error. When I start the game up again everything is fine. Is anyone else experiencing this?

P.S. Meeeeeaaaaatttt~

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By stinky

came here looking for humor, bit disappointed. 

timay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By timay

I have the same problem on my win7 64bit machine. 

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

They are aware of the issue, but it's not a priority at the moment. They are more worried about bugs that actually stop people from playing the game rather than the crash that happens when you exit, which doesn't effect anything since you were going to close the program anyway. Their latest blog talks about all of the issues they are aware of and what priorities they are.

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BombKareshi
    @MattyFTM: Thanks. Yeah, that makes sense. It's not a major concern, I was just wondering if it was happening to others as well.

@stinky: Now I feel bad for disappointing you.
    IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IamTerics

I had wierd crashes too. Like when i switched too windows mode and twice I couldn't move or anything. Other than it works fine.

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By infininja
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By raiz265
    @MattyFTM said:
    " They are aware of the issue, but it's not a priority at the moment. They are more worried about bugs that actually stop people from playing the game rather than the crash that happens when you exit, which doesn't effect anything since you were going to close the program anyway. Their latest blog talks about all of the issues they are aware of and what priorities they are. "
    what really bugs me about this is that it doesn't save your settings since it crashes every time on exit so i have to turn the volume down every time i start it..... (i guess that's the reason for it, not sure tho...)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.