Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

I don't know how to delete my data.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So I want to delete all my saves and start fresh, the problem is after reinstalling the stuff is still there. 

How do I get rid of it?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Is SMB Steam Clouded?

Avatar image for comradekritstov
    ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By ComradeKritstov
    @NekuSakuraba said:
    " So I want to delete all my saves and start fresh, the problem is after reinstalling the stuff is still there.  How do I get rid of it? "
    Steam doesn't delete saves when you uninstall. Check your Steam > steamapps > common > super meat boy folder. I don't have the game but I would guess the saves are in there. (assuming you are on steam).
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @ComradeKritstov said:
    " @NekuSakuraba said:
    " So I want to delete all my saves and start fresh, the problem is after reinstalling the stuff is still there.  How do I get rid of it? "
    Steam doesn't delete saves when you uninstall. Check your Steam > steamapps > common > super meat boy folder. I don't have the game but I would guess the saves are in there. (assuming you are on steam). "
    Would I delete the UserData folder which has Reg0 and Savegame or would I delete the Gamedata file? Or all of them?
    Avatar image for comradekritstov
    ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By ComradeKritstov
    @NekuSakuraba said:

" @ComradeKritstov said:

" @NekuSakuraba said:
    Steam doesn't delete saves when you uninstall. Check your Steam > steamapps > common > super meat boy folder. I don't have the game but I would guess the saves are in there. (assuming you are on steam). "
    Would I delete the UserData folder which has Reg0 and Savegame or would I delete the Gamedata file? Or all of them? "
    You can just delete everything to be safe and just right click on the game > properties > local files tab > verify integrity of game cache. Though as KaosAngel mentioned it's possible it has steam cloud because I know it has steamworks. 

EDIT: I should say if it has steam cloud I have no idea how to reset your saves. Probably contacting steam support would be the best thing to do if you are determined.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.