Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

My Quest To Become One of The Best SMB Players In The World

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Karl_Boss

As many of you know Super Meat Boy is tough as nails and requires a ton of skill to beat. Well a couple of weeks ago I finally finished all 306 levels with A+ times and got all 101 bandages. At that point my world ranking was only around 80th in the world but after improving some of my times I shot up to around 50th in the world. And after the update I should move up even higher after all the 0.00 times are taken out (many of the top leaderboard spots are obviously glitched with lots of 0.00 times). Recently I have been really focusing on improving my times in world 2 and I managed to get the fastest time in the world on 2-16X (currently not registered at #1 because of all the 0.00 times but I should be after the update) and I'm in the top 20 in the world on many other levels in world 2. After I get my world 2 times where I want them I'll move to world 3 and onwards. I'll be trying to get in the top 20 in the world overall after the update then I'll see how far up I can get on the leaderboards after that. Wish me luck!

gamertag: New Zer0 Kanada

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Karl_Boss

As many of you know Super Meat Boy is tough as nails and requires a ton of skill to beat. Well a couple of weeks ago I finally finished all 306 levels with A+ times and got all 101 bandages. At that point my world ranking was only around 80th in the world but after improving some of my times I shot up to around 50th in the world. And after the update I should move up even higher after all the 0.00 times are taken out (many of the top leaderboard spots are obviously glitched with lots of 0.00 times). Recently I have been really focusing on improving my times in world 2 and I managed to get the fastest time in the world on 2-16X (currently not registered at #1 because of all the 0.00 times but I should be after the update) and I'm in the top 20 in the world on many other levels in world 2. After I get my world 2 times where I want them I'll move to world 3 and onwards. I'll be trying to get in the top 20 in the world overall after the update then I'll see how far up I can get on the leaderboards after that. Wish me luck!

gamertag: New Zer0 Kanada

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...well, good luck with that.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Cameron

That's really impressive. That game is crazy hard.

jasondaplock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By jasondaplock

Awesome work, dude. Keep us posted.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By EVO

aka My Quest to Not Pull Out All of My Hair, right?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MrKlorox

What controller are you using? I've been doing better by leaps and bounds since I've gone to my arcade stick.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Karl_Boss
    @MrKlorox said:
    " What controller are you using? I've been doing better by leaps and bounds since I've gone to my arcade stick. "
    I just use the standard Xbox 360 controller

@jasondaplock said:
    " Awesome work, dude. Keep us posted. "

Thanks man. And I will.

@EVO said:
    " aka My Quest to Not Pull Out All of My Hair, right? "

Haha nah. The only time I got really frustrated was on the level "Bleach" in the Dark Cotton World. That level was hard as fuck.
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EVO
    @Unknown_Pleasures said:
    " @EVO said:
    Haha nah. The only time I got really frustrated was on the level "Bleach" in the Dark Cotton World. That level was hard as fuck. "
    Is that the one with the saw blades shooting right to left, then you gotta jump up and do it the other way? Fuck that level.
    Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Karl_Boss
    @EVO said:
    " @Unknown_Pleasures said:
    " @EVO said:
    Haha nah. The only time I got really frustrated was on the level "Bleach" in the Dark Cotton World. That level was hard as fuck. "
    Is that the one with the saw blades shooting right to left, then you gotta jump up and do it the other way? Fuck that level. "
    No not that one. That level just takes good timing and getting in a good rhythm. The level I'm talking about is later on where the "bleach" is rising pretty fast and you have to keep moving up past many saw blades....it requires you to be quick and have finesse at the same time....it is the dark world version of "Pepto"
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By csl316

congrats, so far

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

You realize its coming out for PC also, so your gonna have to beat all those guys too. 
    Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Karl_Boss
    @Bloodgraiv3 said:
    " You realize its coming out for PC also, so your gonna have to beat all those guys too.  "
    I'm just talking about the 360 leaderboards, but I'll probably take a look at the PC leaderboards to see how people are doing...I just can't imagine playing this game with a keyboard though
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By WickedCestus

The 0.00 glitches are weird. I actually have a couple of those, because the replay feature broke, and it teleports your Meat Boy over to the end in like 0.1 seconds. I (being a lying scumbag) wouldn't go back and change it though.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By Bloodgraiv3
    @Unknown_Pleasures: 

Then good luck with it :) 

and it has gamepad support and the original meat boy was on PC ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 8

I approve of your gamertag

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By august
    @Unknown_Pleasures said:
    " @Bloodgraiv3 said:
    " You realize its coming out for PC also, so your gonna have to beat all those guys too.  "
    I'm just talking about the 360 leaderboards, but I'll probably take a look at the PC leaderboards to see how people are doing...I just can't imagine playing this game with a keyboard though "
    SMB, like most modern games, will have 360 gamepad support out of the box.
    Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Karl_Boss
    @august said:

" @Bloodgraiv3 said:
    I'm just talking about the 360 leaderboards, but I'll probably take a look at the PC leaderboards to see how people are doing...I just can't imagine playing this game with a keyboard though "
    SMB, like most modern games, will have 360 gamepad support out of the box. "
     Yeah a gamepad will most likely be required to beat most of the harder levels.....I might pick up the PC version as well just to check out the different characters.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Unknown_Pleasures said:

" @august said:

" @Bloodgraiv3 said:
    SMB, like most modern games, will have 360 gamepad support out of the box. "
     Yeah a gamepad will most likely be required to beat most of the harder levels.....I might pick up the PC version as well just to check out the different characters. "
    No way, a keyboard would treat this game just fine since there is no analog movement in the game. That's why a fightstick works so great. In fact the original Meat Boy was meant to be played with a keyboard.
    RagingLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RagingLion

Wow.  Craziness.  Impressive though.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By mikemcn

Just don't have a break with reality, that much virtual death does things to people. You should also try playing it on a dance mat.

But seriously, good luck!

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Karl_Boss
    @MrKlorox: Yeah good point. I think I'm just more comfortable with a gamepad....I played the original Meat Boy and it just didn't feel right to me.
    mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mnzy

I'll add you to compare times. I hope they are not too good and suck me back :>

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Karl_Boss
    @mnzy said:

"I'll add you to compare times. I hope they are not too good and suck me back :> "

honestly some of my times on the later levels are not very good right now because I haven't touched them since I got the A+ time....I'm currently taking a break but when I come back to it I will be working on worlds 3 through 5 where my times aren't nearly as fast as I want them. But most of my times on worlds 1 and 2 are where I want them to be. Especially 2-16X because I'm the fastest in the world. :P
    AlmostSwedish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AlmostSwedish

Good luck dude. You can do it!

apeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By apeman
    @EVO said:
    This won't end well.

Best case scenario?  The OP is crowned best SMB player in the universe, at which point OP wishes for a year or two of the best years of his life back.
    Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Karl_Boss
    @AlmostSwedish said:
    " Good luck dude. You can do it! "
    Thanks man....can't wait for the update to go live this sunday
    buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27  Edited By buft

I cant wait until they fix those leaderboards, not because i'll be near the top but because cheaters shouldnt prosper from the vile art they practice.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By shiftymagician
    @Unknown_Pleasures said:
    " @MrKlorox: Yeah good point. I think I'm just more comfortable with a gamepad....I played the original Meat Boy and it just didn't feel right to me. "
    Don't worry. It wasn't the controls then that made you feel uneasy with the keyboard, but that the Meat Boy flash game was not as well made.  It wasn't optimized very well in the sense that you could actually feel the game chugging when you play the game.  I beat all the levels in the original of course, but noticed that the controls felt off.  Can't wait to finally mess with Super Meat Boy on PC personally.
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By RobotHamster

Good luck man, would be awesome if the best smb player in the world was a part of our giantbomb family. 

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By Bruce

YOU CAN DO IT SON!

Ktargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ktargo

Right on, I'm currently on a similar mission. I finished the game somewhere in the top 100 a little while ago and recently realized more and more people were pushing me backwards so I have been going through the levels trying to improve that. My goal is much lower than yours, due to the high number of 0.00 times, I have only been replaying levels which I wasn't in at least the top 1,000 times. Seems high, but some levels have like 700+ 0 second times >< I will probably go back to some of my worse ones after the update when it feels like I'm not doing all of that work to still be in 500th place in a level.

I finished World 3 Dark World today and even managed to snag the number 1 time on 3-16X (by 0.01 seconds no less) as well as a few in the top 10-20 or so. Last time I checked was about 6 hours ago so it may have changed but I was at position 44 on the global leaderboard for overall times. Unfortunately, I do have a couple unintentional 0.00 times as well, so the update will add a few seconds on to my time, but hopefully it also affects some of the people above me so I don't get knocked too far down.  

I wish you luck, and hope to see you on the boards for a goal to strive to! For reference, my gamertag is Prototype072.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ch3burashka

Good night, and good luck. Wish you the best. 

That's a balls-tough game. Will get it for PC, most likely.

zameer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33  Edited By zameer

Very sick, hope you get to the top

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By the_hiro_abides

That's straight up dawg up time! But seriously good job and good luck.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Karl_Boss
    @buft said:
    " I cant wait until they fix those leaderboards, not because i'll be near the top but because cheaters shouldnt prosper from the vile art they practice. "
    Yeah I know what you mean....the update should be up this sunday

@Prototype072: Nice man good job I'll add you for some friendly competition
    Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Tesla

Good stuff man.  And here I was feeling like I accomplished something for getting the Tin Boy achievement.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.