Super Meat Boy PC outsold XBLA version, even before the Xmas sale

Avatar image for dread612
#1 Posted by Dread612 (190 posts) -
Avatar image for mooseymcman
#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (12577 posts) -

Well, when I played the game on my friend's PC, he had a PS3 controller hooked up to use it, so he could play it with a d-pad that isn't atrocious like the 360's. 

Avatar image for skytylz
#3 Posted by Skytylz (4142 posts) -

I can only use nintendo d-pads anymore, the other consoles have rather poor dpads and I just use the analog stick.

Avatar image for p_p_o_d
#4 Posted by p_p_o_d (567 posts) -

well that sucks.   

hope team meat learn from this mistake and try and get there next game out on everything they can.   
 
 
I expect at e3 we will see Meat Boy 64 coming to PSN, XBLA, 3DSware,  iphone,  steam and anything else they can manage.  

Avatar image for animasta
#5 Posted by Animasta (14907 posts) -
@Dread612 said:
" According to Team Meat's Twitter.
 
I find it kind of surprising since a gamepad is almost required to play this game. Then again I went out and bought a $30 gamepad to play this $15 game, so go figure. 
 
Source:
http://twitter.com/SuperMeatBoy/status/42363029123371008 "
it is? I played just fine with a keyboard, there is no difference (also you're an idiot but hey!)
Avatar image for mildmolasses
#6 Posted by MildMolasses (3200 posts) -

Why were you playing it with a d-pad?  That game screams analog stick crontrol to me (and yes I'm aware that ps3 controllers have analog on all the buttons)
 
As for the topic at hand, this seems surprising and expected at the same time. There are way more pc's hooked up to the internet than 360's so the digital delivery method favours it. I would be shocked if any game that was only digitally distributed sold better on a console than pc. Also, I'm willing to bet that a far greater percentage of the pc audience was aware of Super Meat Boy before release than the 360 audience. I could see a lot of people being turned off of the look and style of the game if they weren't already familiar with the concept. 
 
A number I would be really curious to see would be the conversion rate between the trial and full versions on the 360
Avatar image for geno
#7 Posted by Geno (6767 posts) -

Good games tend to sell more on PC. 

Avatar image for jace
#8 Posted by Jace (1154 posts) -
@Geno said:
" Good games tend to sell more on PC.  "
Avatar image for cl60
#9 Posted by CL60 (17117 posts) -
@Laketown said:
" @Dread612 said:
" According to Team Meat's Twitter.
 
I find it kind of surprising since a gamepad is almost required to play this game. Then again I went out and bought a $30 gamepad to play this $15 game, so go figure. 
 
Source:
http://twitter.com/SuperMeatBoy/status/42363029123371008 "
it is? I played just fine with a keyboard, there is no difference (also you're an idiot but hey!) "
Considering the game itself tells you a keyboard is not recommended, he's right.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
#10 Posted by KaosAngel (14251 posts) -

Why so much hate for XBLA?  It has the highest quality games that no other console can compete with.  This is only Team Meat's side of the story, if XBLA was that bad...XBLA wouldn't be getting all the best games.

Avatar image for animasta
#11 Posted by Animasta (14907 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @Laketown said:
" @Dread612 said:
" According to Team Meat's Twitter.
 
I find it kind of surprising since a gamepad is almost required to play this game. Then again I went out and bought a $30 gamepad to play this $15 game, so go figure. 
 
Source:
http://twitter.com/SuperMeatBoy/status/42363029123371008 "
it is? I played just fine with a keyboard, there is no difference (also you're an idiot but hey!) "
Considering the game itself tells you a keyboard is not recommended, he's right. "
I mean, no? Just because they say it doesn't mean it's true. Sure, the default key setting is a little weird but it's not like you can't edit it anyway
Avatar image for hunkulese
#12 Posted by Hunkulese (4225 posts) -

I don't know why this says anything about XBLA. 
 
People fell in love with the original meat boy playing it on PC so naturally they bought the PC version. The Giant Bomb community doesn't actually represent the majority of gamers. Most 360 gamers probably have no idea what super meat boy was.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.