I suffer from premature taunting

Avatar image for mosdl
mosdl

3422

Forum Posts

2951

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mosdl

Whenever I get a kill I almost always go for a taunt, to the general disregard of any enemies in the area, which leads to my demise quite often. And yet I keep doing it.

Is there a pill for this? Lots of bacon doesn't seem to work.

Avatar image for cloudenvy
Cloudenvy

5896

Forum Posts

8

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cloudenvy

Why would you ever do that? while you waste time on taunting you could be shootingmore dudes in the face.

Avatar image for yetiantics
yetiantics

1520

Forum Posts

19

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By yetiantics

Sorry, we can't help you.

Avatar image for owack6
owack6

347

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By owack6

Only taunting you need is the satisfaction of winning!

Don't forget to GLHB at the beginning of every match to lighten the mood.

Avatar image for tobbrobb
TobbRobb

6616

Forum Posts

49

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By TobbRobb

I think this should be an unwritten rule for all kills. People who are taunting are so much easier to shoot.

Avatar image for ch3burashka
ch3burashka

6086

Forum Posts

100

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By ch3burashka

I'm pretty sure they make a suppository for this.

Avatar image for musubi
Musubi

17500

Forum Posts

5650

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Musubi
@Cloudenvy Taunting has a use. When you taunt after a kill if you complete the taunt you gain money. So it's well worth doing if you can.
Avatar image for cloudenvy
Cloudenvy

5896

Forum Posts

8

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Demoskinos: But...More shooting dudes! In the face.

Always be dumping.

Avatar image for 2headedninja
2HeadedNinja

2357

Forum Posts

85

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

@Cloudenvy said:

@Demoskinos: But...More shooting dudes! In the face.

Always be dumping.

It's Super MNC ... shooting dudes in the face, while fun, is secondary :) ... First order is to get the moneyz and help your bots :)

Avatar image for cloudenvy
Cloudenvy

5896

Forum Posts

8

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Cloudenvy

@2HeadedNinja said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Demoskinos: But...More shooting dudes! In the face.

Always be dumping.

It's Super MNC ... shooting dudes in the face, while fun, is secondary :) ... First order is to get the moneyz and help your bots :)

To be fair, that's all I do. I'm really bad at killing actual dudes.

Avatar image for musubi
Musubi

17500

Forum Posts

5650

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Musubi
@Cloudenvy And that's ok. Not every class in SMNC is about killing dudes. As long your at least harassing other pros so a commando like Assassin or cpt Spark can pick em off then your still contributing.
Avatar image for frankxiv
frankxiv

2600

Forum Posts

8534

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By frankxiv

@Cloudenvy said:

Why would you ever do that? while you waste time on taunting you could be shootingmore dudes in the face.

because it makes them watch it now and THEY NEED TO SEE

Avatar image for cloudenvy
Cloudenvy

5896

Forum Posts

8

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Demoskinos: I play a striker and I have no idea what my actual role is.

Avatar image for musubi
Musubi

17500

Forum Posts

5650

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By Musubi

@Cloudenvy: Strikers main roles are to help push bot lanes. Dealing damage to rival bots and helping clear out turrets however you also should harass and engage pros who get in your way. Megabeth is possibly the best striker IMO. Her rockets are amazing at taking out groups of bots quickly. I've also enjoyed using assault too. His bomb skill is great for booby trapping the annihilator.

Avatar image for cloudenvy
Cloudenvy

5896

Forum Posts

8

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Demoskinos: Megabeth is pretty much all I've been playing, and it sounds like I've been doing what I should do.

Shoot. Everything.

Avatar image for frankxiv
frankxiv

2600

Forum Posts

8534

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By frankxiv

@Demoskinos said:

@Cloudenvy: Strikers main roles are to help push bot lanes. Dealing damage to rival bots and helping clear out turrets however you also should harass and engage pros who get in your way. Megabeth is possibly the best striker IMO. Her rockets are amazing at taking out groups of bots quickly. I've also enjoyed using assault too. His bomb skill is great for booby trapping the annihilator.

it used to be assault, unless they nerfed his jetpack pretty hard recently

Avatar image for marmalade
marmalade

206

Forum Posts

34

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By marmalade

How much money do you actually receive from taunting after a kill? I mainly play combat girl and rarely get any kills aside from laser blasting stragglers unfortunate enough to be caught in my sights.

Avatar image for mcbradders
McBradders

161

Forum Posts

227

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By McBradders

If I'm safe, I'll taunt. It can mean the difference between activating the Anni or not... getting there and not being able to fire it off when it is clear is the damned worst.

Avatar image for musubi
Musubi

17500

Forum Posts

5650

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By Musubi
@McBradders I've had a few of those. My team bands together and fights the other team off the anni.....and then we all just kinda stand there cause everyone is a couple hundred short to actually activate it.
Avatar image for jacdg
jacdg

2189

Forum Posts

373

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By jacdg

@Demoskinos said:

@Cloudenvy And that's ok. Not every class in SMNC is about killing dudes. As long your at least harassing other pros so a commando like Assassin or cpt Spark can pick em off then your still contributing.

I had a match the other week where a guy went 24-1 as spark, but he killed nearly no bots and their team lost to us, which felt great after dying to that bastard for 20 minutes..

Avatar image for musubi
Musubi

17500

Forum Posts

5650

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By Musubi
@JacDG I've gone 19-0 300+ bot kills with Beth. :-D
Avatar image for napalm
napalm

9227

Forum Posts

162

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By napalm

I used to have this terrible, terrible problem with Street Fighter IV. I was such a bad taunter. I don't know why either. I'm a smart-ass when I play online fighting games, so maybe that's why. Ask

Avatar image for mcbradders
McBradders

161

Forum Posts

227

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By McBradders

@Demoskinos said:

@McBradders I've had a few of those. My team bands together and fights the other team off the anni.....and then we all just kinda stand there cause everyone is a couple hundred short to actually activate it.

It's always so damned awkward. Everyone just stands there looking at each other XD

Avatar image for owack6
owack6

347

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By owack6

@Demoskinos said:

@JacDG I've gone 19-0 300+ bot kills with Beth. :-D

300 bots jeez sounds like a long ass game.

Avatar image for ravenlight
Ravenlight

8057

Forum Posts

12306

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Ravenlight

@jyluth said:

How much money do you actually receive from taunting after a kill? I mainly play combat girl and rarely get any kills aside from laser blasting stragglers unfortunate enough to be caught in my sights.

That's my favorite part about Combat Girl. My record is three kills in one blast when my team was pushing the moneyball.

@McBradders said:

If I'm safe, I'll taunt. It can mean the difference between activating the Anni or not... getting there and not being able to fire it off when it is clear is the damned worst.

I'll taunt after the Anni fires if I set it off because it's usually safe if there was time to hit it and I might get a kill with it.

Avatar image for mosdl
mosdl

3422

Forum Posts

2951

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By mosdl

@Demoskinos said:

@Cloudenvy: Strikers main roles are to help push bot lanes. Dealing damage to rival bots and helping clear out turrets however you also should harass and engage pros who get in your way. Megabeth is possibly the best striker IMO. Her rockets are amazing at taking out groups of bots quickly. I've also enjoyed using assault too. His bomb skill is great for booby trapping the annihilator.

I play mainly as Karl, and pushing is indeed the main role. However the stun move + grapple to ring out other pros is so satisfying.

Avatar image for musubi
Musubi

17500

Forum Posts

5650

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 16

#27  Edited By Musubi
@mosdl Oh for sure. I've ring out grappled a few people with Beth and its utterly satisfying.
Avatar image for sarjutherapper
SarjuTheRapper

290

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28  Edited By SarjuTheRapper

dude don't worry about, that's just called having fun! 
i does it all the time in uncharted, and it makes those moments where just just barely get away from angry comrades of your deceased enemies so much juicier!

Avatar image for scooper
Scooper

7920

Forum Posts

1107

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Scooper

@Napalm said:

I used to have this terrible, terrible problem with Street Fighter IV. I was such a bad taunter. I don't know why either. I'm a smart-ass when I play online fighting games, so maybe that's why. Ask

I was more annoyed by the wakeup ultras haha Kappa.

Avatar image for napalm
napalm

9227

Forum Posts

162

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30  Edited By napalm

@Scooper said:

@Napalm said:

I used to have this terrible, terrible problem with Street Fighter IV. I was such a bad taunter. I don't know why either. I'm a smart-ass when I play online fighting games, so maybe that's why. Ask

I was more annoyed by the wakeup ultras haha Kappa.

Psst. That too. I was hoping you wouldn't bring that up, but it's out there now, so whatever!

Avatar image for itbestefyo
ItBeStefYo

1096

Forum Posts

1638

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@mosdl: If you taunt you are an asshole!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.