Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Monday Night Combat

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The deadly futuristic sport of Monday Night Combat returned with a free-to-play sequel, bringing with it new combatants and environments. It was later discontinued on May 24, 2018.

So about those assassins....

Avatar image for justthethreeofus
    JustTheThreeOfUs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JustTheThreeOfUs

Whenever I play, the enemy's assassin will eventually find me all alone for one reason or another. When they do, what am I supposed to do to try and escape them? It seems like no matter who I play as, I can never get away from an assassin once they get close to me. I have stunned them, thrown them, used my slow skills, but they always just run back up to me and hit me to death. I can never kill or escape them before they can kill me.

I don't mean just the assassin but all the commandos.

Anyone have any suggestions because this is starting to be the most annoying part of the game.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mosdl

1v1 they will usually kill you, hence its good to stay grouped

salomdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By salomdi

commandos are currently the weakest class type in the game, smack them around a bit and theyll run off or die outright. other than that, stick with your team, since the commandos cant do much to a large group of people.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By TobbRobb

Stop being alone.

Before you even say anything: No, you never HAVE to go by yourself, don't say that your bad positioning is unaviodable.

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rolanthas

Yeah assassin's, and commando classes' in general, best kill scenario is to catch someone alone. Just be sure you have a back up in reach. In the events this is not possible, make sure you're not overreaching without checking your flanks.

But yes, it's not always possible to have perfect positioning in every match, and enemy commandos will use every opportunity they can get. If you can, being knowledgeable about their skills - weapons - tactics helps greatly.

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By owack6

The role of commandos is to pick of all the stragglers and Pros who are low on hp so death is unavoidable by them once in a while but if you stick to the advice already given in this thread they are no more threat then anyone else.

HelicopterSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HelicopterSpy

If you do get caught all alone by a commando, and it happens, just get out of there as quickly as possible. Most pros have a dash move or a pushback that they can use to get out of sticky situations. Try using these if you get flashed/stunned by one of them. It'll buy you a little bit of time to get your wits about you and try to fight back or regroup.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Ravenlight

Bunnyhop like a CS player off of their Adderall and run like the wind. If you're in midair, they can't grapple you.

joeq1159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By joeq1159

The main thing you want to do is to get them to back off. Grabbing them will take a bunch of their health, but they will get another hit on you right after you exit the grapple if it doesnt kill them and they think they can take you down. Vet can basically destory and commando because he has a lot of options. If you're trying to finish an assassin before she can escape then you need to slow her so that her jump is cut down. If you're just trying to survive you need to make your teammates aware so that they can help you. The grab might give you a few extra seconds for help to arrive. When she sees the other team on her, she'll back off if she's smart or dying trying to chase the kill. Stay next to Turrets when making your way somewhere alone, that way she she unclokes to attack shes done for.

Juvarial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Juvarial

Use hot hands. they have a low heath pool and it will put a huge hurt on them. Joe is correct but if you have hot hands and they grapple you-a second grapple will generally kill them.

RichieJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By RichieJohn

It is annoying but it's the class's job to do that.

If you were in a game with me as assassin you'd manage to kill me I suck.

Good support and megabeth but terrible assassin or cpt spark.

DethandRez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DethandRez

Yea, I haven't been doing well against commandos either in 1v1. As Beth, I would try to have Shoot the Moon ready for a quick get away but most of the time Sin or Spark knows to put down bomb or blind and then slowed = death. So now I just try to stick in lanes and get up in level first. I also try to stick with people as much as possible which has been stated.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By frankxiv

@DethandRez said:

Yea, I haven't been doing well against commandos either in 1v1. As Beth, I would try to have Shoot the Moon ready for a quick get away but most of the time Sin or Spark knows to put down bomb or blind and then slowed = death. So now I just try to stick in lanes and get up in level first. I also try to stick with people as much as possible which has been stated.

get can't slow/stun this products as soon as you can as beth imo, helps greatly against commandos/karl

DethandRez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DethandRez

@onimonkii: Should I get both? I'm currently using Money Magnet and I wanna get Bot Buster for her. Was thinking for my products it would be Money Magnet, Bot Buster, and one of those two.

McBradders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By McBradders

Get the Product that negates a slow effect every 30 seconds. You instantly become way more survivable against Assassins.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By frankxiv

@DethandRez said:

@onimonkii: Should I get both? I'm currently using Money Magnet and I wanna get Bot Buster for her. Was thinking for my products it would be Money Magnet, Bot Buster, and one of those two.

i'd get slow first, and stun later. less people have stuns, but stuns are deadlier. you can just have 2 product sets if you want and do one with each, if karl/spark, use stun, if anyone else, use slow.

DethandRez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DethandRez

Thanks guys. I'll pick those up and have sets for both situations.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By tim_the_corsair

It's an assassination class getting you alone by surprise; that's how it goes.

You'd find the Spy in TF2 even more frustrating I'd say.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@DethandRez: As an assassin I find it really hard to kill someone who has an ally next to him!

Pro GB tip

DethandRez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DethandRez

@ItBeStefYo: Yea, I've been trying to just be with the group as much as possible recently. It's worked out rather well for the most part. Just depends on the people you're grouped with.

McBradders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By McBradders

I have had the worst team-mates of late, just ignoring me getting jacked by the Assassin... disgusting T___T

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.