Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Monday Night Combat

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The deadly futuristic sport of Monday Night Combat returned with a free-to-play sequel, bringing with it new combatants and environments. It was later discontinued on May 24, 2018.

The Rules Have Changed: SMNC Giant Bomb community guide!

• 65 results
    joeq1159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By joeq1159

If you’re new to SMNC it can be a little difficult to intuitively pick up on some of the aspects of the game, so here are some tips to help you maximize your play experience. Please feel free to chip in with advice or questions!

Play Practice Matches: ideally, you want to play with other people so that you can get used to playing against a team (and if you're looking for someone to play with feel free to add me on steam: joeq1159, I'll always willing to lend a hand to people trying to learn because I remember how frustrating it can be when no one seems to want to help). Even if you don't play with other people playing practice matches will let you get used to the pro you're using. Get to know their skills, mobility options, and how much damage you can dish out. Also make sure you get a feel for where the vending machines are on the map. Knowing where you get health can be e difference between feeding and playing a game without a single death.

Check out a guide for your pro: on the SMNC forums there are really great guides to all the different characters. Take a look at these for a pro you want to play because they are incredibly useful. They'll tell you how to effectively level your pro and what products will benefit your pro the most. They aren't the be all end all by any means but they are a very good place to start learning a character.

Unlock pros: once you get used to one pro you might be inclined to only ever want to play one pro but consider this, what if you have a player on your team that only knows how to use one pro and you quick lock them. Now you have a player on your team that is being forced to play a pro that they might not know how to use. However if you’re comfortable with a number of pros you can let your team decide what they want to play a pick a pro that your team needs the most. Also, if a pro you use is on rotation that week more people will pick that pro, that's just a fact of life. So if you have a number of pros unlocked you'll be able to always play a pro regardless if it's unlocked or not.

For god sakes avoid Captain Spark at first: Spark is really cool but he is really difficult to play right off the bat. Personally, whenever Spark is on the rotation I'm always worried that a new player will pick him and end up feeding. Why? Because he tried to drive the Lamborghini without first learning how to drive. The result? Crash and burn. If you absolutely are dead set on playing Spark, learn how to play the character. Read guides and watch videos. Your team will thank you for it. A good Spark player is always impressive but a bad one could easily cost your team the game. Bad Sparks get no love from their team mates, as they often get verbally lashed at. Of course lashing out at anyone trying to play a game is never something that should be done but it is often times difficult to avoid.

Jungling: Assassin, Spark, Mega Beth, Wascot, Assault and Karl all have the ability to access the jungle right at the beginning of the game on all the maps except downtown spunky (which has the jungle below the arena and is thus accessible to all pros). The act of Jungling is when one of those players heads right to the jungle and kills a jungle bot, thus progressing them halfway through to level two. Leveling in SMNC is a race thus anything that gives you an advantage is a must in order to stay ahead. The jungle bots spawn on the left and the right on the jungle but they do not randomly spawn on either side. Instead, your team's jungle bot will always spawn on the right of the arena.

Do not feed kills: if you're played other shooters where dying only hurts your team in way of number on the score board you need to understand that SMNC is a totally different animal. Every time you die you are making the other team stronger. After a while the other team will have a level advantage on you and it will be incredibly difficult for you to take on any pros. So how do you avoid feeding?

Focus on bots: it's really tempting to go after the enemy players but attacking them can get you killed if that's all you try and do. The most important thing to do in a match of SMNC is to kill bots and support your bots. That is literally the only way you're going to win. When you kill bots you're going to level faster, making sure that you stay ahead of the enemy team when it comes to leveling. Play a game of SMNC and look at the top of the player list at the end of the game. Hands down the player with the highest level will be the one with the most bot kills. Once you have the level advantage it becomes a lot easier to deal with other pros. Still, if you have the level advantage and your try and attack the entire enemy team, it is almost certain that they will kill you, so don't get reckless because you think that the level advantage makes you unkillable. It does not.

Late game: if a pro has a level advantage and the other team manages to kill at player because of their recklessness, the player with the advantage has now given the other team a free level. So if you manage to gain the level advantage don't just jump into a fray because you think you can kill the entire team single handedly. Maybe games get turned around because one high level pro gave the other team one too many kills, giving the other team the advantage. This is one of the most fundamental mistakes that players make towards the middle of a match. The higher level you are the more important it is for you not to die.

Don't abandon your team: one of the most disheartening things you can encounter in SMNC is a player leaving the team. At best they leave in the beginning of the game and your team is outnumbered. Sure that really sucks but if your team works together you can come back from that. But if the person who left feeds a bunch of kills to the other team it’s really frustrating. There's little you can do except maybe try and take advantage of the recklessness but that's pretty risky. Unfortunately that's just a sad fact of life with Dota style games, but try not to be that person if you can help it. You're more likely to win a prize at the end of the game if you stay and who knows, it could be something really great. I got a taunt after a game that I had 2 leavers on. Lost but totally worth it.

Update!:

The Annihilator: one of the most important parts of any match of SMNC is the battle for the Annihilator. The anni is located in the center of the map. It takes 5 minutes to ready and when it does it cost $1000 to activate. When activated it takes out every single bot on the enemy team. So for a game that's all about pushing bots, it easy to understand why it's important. The anni and easily turn the tide of battle, so ignoring it is literally like handing the other team the game. I would argue that the first anni is the most important but also the easiest to come back from if the battle is addressed correctly. When match begins you have 5 minuets to level as fast as you can so that you have an advantage at the anni battle. Depending on your pro, your role in the annihilator fight can be drastically different. Firstly, when you go to the annihilator, you need to make sure that the enemy team hasn't already set up a defense. Rushing into the annihilator can easily get you killed if the enemy has set up a defense, and that death could give the other team an advantage that you just can't afford. The best plan is to set up a defense early. The moment the announcers remind the pros that the anni will be ready soon all the pros will be heading over to it, making setting up a defense that much more difficult. But leaving a defender to fend for himself could get them killed and compromise your anni attempt so that means protecting your defenders while they set up their turrets. Once a defense has been set up the main part of the fight is defending the position. If your entire team can afford the annihilator then make sure that the person who can contribute the least to the defense is the one buying it because while it's being activated that pro will be totally defenseless. Standing between the pro activating the anni and an enemy will protect the activator from knock back attacks that will stop them from activating it. But it's important at you dont die during the anni fight. The time it takes for you to respawn could be the difference between winning and losing, plus it could give the enemy team the level advantage. If the other team has a significant level advantage attempting to take the anni will only increase their advantage by giving them easy deaths to a fruitless cause. In these situations it's important to switch to after anni defense.

After Anni: win or lose the anni you want to buy bots. If you lose you absolutely have to, if you win, buying those extra bots will put the pressure on the opposing team. Also get bouncers. Anything that forces players to be run will help you that much more. You can buy bots at your bot spawner near your spawn. Also, capitalize on their weakened defense to destroy as many turrets as your team can manage. It might be tempting to push only one lane but it's more effective to go back and forth so that you maintain an even pace while pushing lanes.

salomdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By salomdi
    TheKeywork1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheKeywork1989

Great guide. The section about Spark is 100% correct. Went to play as him and fed like a champ. Proceeded go out and buy (Fuck this game is going to turn into another LoL for my wallet) the Assassian (Mained in MNC) and started to get back into that groove. Eventually I'd like to get good with Spark but he just doesn't seem up to par with the other Commandos.

salomdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By salomdi

the thing about spark is all he has got is a teleport and OMGWTFTEHDAMAGES if you know the technique. you need to be on your toes and have very good situational awareness to play him, much like dat assin

joeq1159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joeq1159

I recently started playing spark myself and I totally fell in love with him. He can get behind enemy lines with crazy surprise attacks that throws the other team into disarray and then get out of there before anyone even realizes what happens. Spark is a stalker. You watch for the other team to get low on health and you jump on that pro and finish them off. In one match I got behind the other team that was a little past the ejector, blinded them and ejected them when they tried to retreat backwards because of the stun. Got three of them by ring out and finished the last one who was low on health. If you have the level advantage as Spark it can be quite easy to get 15+ kills in a match. But I started playing Spark after having played 3 other pros so I had a feel for the game. I knew what situations would just get me killed and that's really the trick of it.

TheKeywork1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheKeywork1989

Yea I hope to return to him. I'm not great at the other roles, but commandos I do decent. Really want to try out Wascot but going to wait for his rotation.

Edit: My steam handle is Eggplant if anyone wants to play.

joeq1159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joeq1159

Wascot is a terror for Spark players because he can easily counter grapples and dish out a scary amount of damage. Plus who wants to watch their pro get bent over and spanked with a paddle by a creepy guy in a costume? His only problem is that he excels in early game with a level lead but suffers late game when the other team catches up. Support was the first pro I learned and I always enjoy playing him. He's firebase is amazing for area denial and his air strikes can make or break an annihilator battle. As long as you know where to place the firebase so that it's effectively tagging bots while being protected from enemy fire Support can easly gain a massive level advantage. The only issue is that Support can't effectly push, so if your team isn't working with you a level 14 Support could lose to a team with level 12 pros.

returnofjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By returnofjake

One thing that does need to be added to the guide is spending advice.. when to get bots, the different vending machines and the ejectors / anni. Apart from that, it's a good launch pad for a new SMNCer :)

joeq1159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joeq1159

@returnofjake said:

One thing that does need to be added to the guide is spending advice.. when to get bots, the different vending machines and the ejectors / anni. Apart from that, it's a good launch pad for a new SMNCer :)

You are absolutely right! I totally forgot! I just added it to the guide! Thanks!

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By impartialgecko

This is terrifying

joeq1159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joeq1159

It seems like a lot, but its all really simple stuff. There'll be a point where it all clicks and you start doing amazing all the time.

returnofjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By returnofjake

Most of the actual gameplay can be condensed into a few points:

• Die as little as possible
    • Kill as many bots as possible
    • Only go after players when they open themselves up for attack
    • Don't overextend yourself, unless you're a commando, stay with your bots / team
    • Defend the annihilator early

Products, endorsements and everything in the shop can be looked at after a few rounds of learning the basics.

HotSauceMagik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HotSauceMagik

Basically, If you've played any MOBA (still hate that term), DO THAT.

I gotta say, I learned how to use effectively use Cheston last night and after about 6 or so melee kills, I realized the beauty of that sophisticated ape.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Oh man, I thought about getting into SMNC, but now I'm scared. Maybe I'll just tool around in practices.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Scrawnto

@Brodehouse:It's not really that intimidating. I've played a few rounds as a support. The community isn't as harsh (at least not yet) as something like League of Legends, which I can't play worth a bean. The biggest thing is just to try as hard as you can not to die.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think i'll just do practice or games with other Bombers for a while. You can expect a little more patience from duders you'll play with again compared to randoms you'll never see again.

Brother_PipPop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Brother_PipPop

I'll play some practice with you of ya looking for some duders. My friends are eels and don't want to leave LoL for a different type of Moba. Won't even try it! I forget what my steam name is but try guardedmarman or Marbles2x4 try marbles first of your gonna give me an add.

quicklookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By quicklookman

man i suck at this game and everybody like to let me know but i dont know what im doing wrong im focusing on bots trying not to feed but i guess just fighting the players is my problem right now gotta get better at actually killing people instead of just bots

joeq1159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By joeq1159

@quicklookman what pro are you using?

quicklookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By quicklookman

@joeq1159: im usually using combat girl or assault

joeq1159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By joeq1159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After playing about 6 matches, it's not as scary as it appears. Then again, I've mostly just been playing Combat Girl and hiding behind walls.

quicklookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By quicklookman

@joeq1159: thanks thats really helpful lots of info i didnt know the bomb pushes the assault ill try this stuff in my next game

joeq1159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By joeq1159

@quicklookman: yeah thats how he can get into the jungle at the start of a match which is really useful for flanking the other team and getting the first bot kill going.

HelicopterSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HelicopterSpy

I've been playing a bunch of Cheston and I think he's a pretty good place to start for most players. He's got good damage if you just want to shoot stuff and with his Roar and Rampage (especially if you use it while jumping) he has great mobility to get out of tough situations.He's not currently in the rotation, but for $2, it's a pretty great intro to the game. Also he's an anthropomorphic gorilla/classically trained actor. What could be better?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By jakob187

I originally started playing Cheston back in the beta as well as during the release of this game. I enjoyed playing as him, but the problem he suffers from is a lack of logical combo scenarios, horrible poke, and the fact that he's a little too squishy without having full armor. This leads to him being an easy kill more often than not on two of the three maps (he can wreck shit on Locomoco).

In turn, I ended up switching over to Veteran, who is a much better option for a tank. His auto attack is a much better poke, and if you land his L-shift, he has a ton of options opened up for him to decimate someone...

• Three grapples, one of which has a knockback to it for ring out options
    • Two dashes (one on his R with melee out, one from his E)
    • Massive amounts of damage once he hit rank 3 on damage
    • Fair amount of health

I'm currently running him with full t2 Speed endorsements (only have eight of them right now), and it helps SIGNIFICANTLY with his ability to get around without dashes and such. As for products, I'm currently using Health Inverter (prize from end of the match), At 'Em Bomb, and Over Armor. I want to get Leg Up, as I think that will help give him a little more sustain against something like a Karl/Wascot lane when he doesn't have a Combat Girl or Support rolling with him. I've also been thinking about getting Inspire, but I've found I get way more assists than kills, so that seems a little useless. Since his farm is rough, Bot Buster doesn't make much sense either. Any suggestions, or should I just stick with Health Inverter and At 'Em Bomb, then replace Over Armor with Leg Up?

He's IS an excellent counter to Assassin/Sparks/Wascot, though.

His only real problem at the moment seems to be farming. While his auto attacks hit hard, they just don't have the same farm capability at low levels that they do at high levels. A lot of his money is going to come from assists, so if your teammates aren't competent enough to take advantage of his tremendous poke capability, you will end up underleveled and underfarmed super easy.

Also, Luchadeer skin wrecks.

I picked up Megabeth last night, so I'm going to try a few more rounds with her when I get a chance. I've seen her dominating a ton on Downtown Spunky, but she seems weak for Locomoco and Bullet.

Now, for those of you who are "sucking" at this game, let me instill a few words of wisdom that will help you get better:

1. Stop playing deathmatch! In Super Monday Night Combat, the shooting is almost arbitrary. It's a way for you to kill minions, which is what you should be doing! Think of this game much more like League of Legends or DOTA: it's about maintaining your lane and pushing. If you are trying to do nothing but kill the enemy, you are either an Assassin/Sparks/Wascot that is doing their job or you are playing it wrong. Minion farm, making some money, and keeping your lane pushed out will benefit you MUCH GREATER than trying to kill enemies. Only try for the kill when you see they are at a weak point and you can pull it off. Even then, coordination with teammates is key.
    2. Use your money! There are many options on how to spend your money. There are vending machines all around you, all of which can provide an edge in a fight or lane push. Buying some Spunky for $1500 when you are making easy money all the time is a completely useful thing if you can push hard enough to get a turret down or even score an enemy kill. The two most important things for you to spend money on - Regenitol (which is health regen, so you can maintain your lane sustain) and $500/$1000 bots. This would be the one that looks like a hexahedron or something and the gorilla one (Bouncer, I believe it is called). These are two bots that will walk right past enemy minions to get directly to turrets and nearby enemies. They hit like trucks. The Bouncer specifically targets champs and fucks their world up. Moreover, if someone kills them, they drop NOTHING! No money, no bacon, no armor shards, NOTHING!
    3. NEVER BUY BLACKJACKS! NEVER BUY JACKBOTS! This bleeds down a bit from what I just said. However, this is an IMPORTANT IMPORTANT thing to remember. Say you are super pushed in the middle of a game and you need to get some relief. The Annihilator isn't up for another minute or two. The first instinct of many people is "spawn a Jackbot if you have $4000". That is the worst idea possible. Why? You might as well just hand the team $200, some bacon, some armor, and a shitload of experience on a silver platter and say "please kick our ass". Jackbots are meant to be a late game item when you are dominating, solely as a way to procure the dominance and win the match. I wouldn't even spawn one until after you have at least one Moneyball turret down. As for Blackjacks, they are easy to kill and give the team money. They are literally pointless. Don't ever buy them for any reason EVER.
    4. THE ANNIHILATOR IS YOUR GOD NOW! If the Annihilator is coming up, your ass had better be down there. It is a literal gamechanger if the enemy team is losing and gets that thing! LITERAL....GAMECHANGER! Defend it with your fucking life. Make sure you have at least two people on your team that have farmed up enough money for it as well. It's a generally good idea in early game to allow either your highest damage dealer and tank or your healer and highest damage dealer to collect more money. They will have at least one level over your team, but it will give them the ability to hold down the fort on the Annihilator better than another team.
    5. Control your rage! If you are getting pissed off because of that Assassin that keeps coming down and murdering you or because Wascot's coins are "fucking gay", then stop playing for a solid 15 minutes before coming back. Matches only last about ten and a half minutes for me on average, 20-25 if they are long matches. It means you have time to step away and look at the situations again, assess everything, then tackle it from a new angle and experiment with your character.
    6. Know your enemy! You may not own every pro, but that doesn't mean you can't do into the store and look up every move that every single one of them have. Knowing this information makes half of your fight much easier. Some things aren't described on there, however...like the capabilities some classes have when they have their alternate weapon out, etc. That is just further research you'll need to do yourself.

Hopefully, all that helps some of you guys.

joeq1159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By joeq1159

@jakob187: Absolutely great addition. The key to this game is understanding your pro's role in the match and sticking to that as best you can. Once you get a greater level of understanding for the pro you play it will be easier for you to look at situations and take advantage of it. When I started playing vet it was mainly team support lane control for me. It was only after I started to really understand Vet's strengths and weaknesses that I could take out 3 pros in under 20 seconds. I now average 20 kills per game with Vet. And you are right; Luchadeer is so fucking bad ass.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jakob187

@joeq1159: A lot of it is simply that people are looking at this game like it's the original MNC. That game was far more focused on the shooting portion than the lane pushing and MOBA part.

Here, it's third-person League of Legends all the way. Bots matter. Money matters. Using all of the tools on the map matters. The skills for each pro matters. Before, you could just shoot your way to victory with the right mix of pros (especially since you could double up on pros if I remember correctly). Now, you have to create a team of synergy just the same as LoL, DOTA, or HoN.

That's the one piece of major advice I have given to every single person that's playing it up here at the gaming center: do not think of this like Call of Duty, but instead like League of Legends. Of course, they don't do it for the first few matches, but once it clicks with them, there is this crazy and significant improvement in both their enjoyment of the game as well as their capabilities of wrecking shit in it.

My biggest problem right now is that there are so many people who DON'T get that (Bombers included, as I've had quite a good handful show up in my Solo matches). Guys, UNDERSTAND WHAT I HAVE SAID HERE AND YOU WILL UNLOCK THE SECRETS OF THE WORLD!

Also, fuck Karl/Wascot lanes. So fucking stupid.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ravenlight

@jakob187 said:

do not think of this like Call of Duty, but instead like League of Legends.

That was the biggest realization for me.

I went from feeding like a chump to the top of the scoreboard in two matches after SMNC clicked in my brain.

My only gripe now is that the matchmaking seems kind've busted ATM. There seems to be a real uneven distribution of pros/noobs currently.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jakob187

@Ravenlight said:

@jakob187 said:

do not think of this like Call of Duty, but instead like League of Legends.

That was the biggest realization for me.

I went from feeding like a chump to the top of the scoreboard in two matches after SMNC clicked in my brain.

My only gripe now is that the matchmaking seems kind've busted ATM. There seems to be a real uneven distribution of pros/noobs currently.

A lot of that has to do with the relatively low number of people that are online at any point. It's the same problem with Tribes Ascend...even though I have waaaaay deeper problems with that game than its matchmaking.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By benspyda

Nice guide, I may give the game a try.

joeq1159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By joeq1159

Definitely give it a shot, it's free!

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By Oni

Ha, funny you mentioned Spark being hard to play. I started playing Spark after about 3 hours total of SMNC experience (I did play MNC, back when it came out) and he's been my go-to ever since. Last game with him I had 20 player kills and about 3-4 deaths. Sneak up on enemies near the ledge of the map, throw them off and teleport away. Profit.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Syndrom

i just played two games with megabeth, she seems a bit too powerfull? Fun pro to play with though.

McBradders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By McBradders

@Syndrom said:

i just played two games with megabeth, she seems a bit too powerfull? Fun pro to play with though.

Nah, she's fine, for reals.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Syndrom
    No Caption Provided

hahaha i just dominated a lane with combat girl, those kittens are so good, people just ignore them but they can really dish out some damage. Didn't die once and just pushed my lane. Second time i never died playing combat girl. Cool class to play and can be really essential during the game.

Still to many people thinking this is just a regular shooter. And i think the new pro rotation isn't as well balanced for newer players.

returnofjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By returnofjake

@jakob187: Regarding products, Leg Up is rubbish. Always. For Veteran I'm running Money Magnet, Hot Hands & Massive Air. Money Magnet gives me more time to focus on hitting things, and makes Wascot's main weapon nearly useless. Hot Hands does OK damage but it's main benefit is that on fire people = scared people. While they're thinking about being on fire, keep on whacking them. Finally, Massive Air gives you so much more air control it's great. Dodging headshots, one of your main weaknesses, becomes a lot easier.

Also, a well timed early Jackbot can turn a game around.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#38  Edited By musubi

@Syndrom: Man, for combat girl thats a pretty great K/D.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By musubi

@Syndrom: Beth does do tons of damage and the rockets have huge splash but guys like Veteran and Wascot can make her life a living hell. Her rocket launcher is useless up close and her alt weapon is garbage and she doesn't have that great of health. I main beth and Wascot is my worst nightmare a large portion of the time.

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By owack6

@Syndrom said:

No Caption Provided

hahaha i just dominated a lane with combat girl, those kittens are so good, people just ignore them but they can really dish out some damage. Didn't die once and just pushed my lane. Second time i never died playing combat girl. Cool class to play and can be really essential during the game.

Still to many people thinking this is just a regular shooter. And i think the new pro rotation isn't as well balanced for newer players.

Why would you leave a game that's the worst!!!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jakob187

@returnofjake said:

@jakob187: Regarding products, Leg Up is rubbish. Always. For Veteran I'm running Money Magnet, Hot Hands & Massive Air. Money Magnet gives me more time to focus on hitting things, and makes Wascot's main weapon nearly useless. Hot Hands does OK damage but it's main benefit is that on fire people = scared people. While they're thinking about being on fire, keep on whacking them. Finally, Massive Air gives you so much more air control it's great. Dodging headshots, one of your main weaknesses, becomes a lot easier.

Also, a well timed early Jackbot can turn a game around.

I've actually gone away from possibly using Leg Up and instead run Can't Slow This, At 'Em Bomb, and Money Magnet. I actually JUST GOT All Magnets from the prize thing, but they just nerfed the balls off it in this last update. Therefore, I'm just sticking with Money Magnet instead. I use the At 'Em Bomb because my Veteran is typically a heavy pusher now. Typically, I don't put any points into skills when I hit level 3, instead waiting for level 4 so I can drop those two points into my overall damage and health again. It gives me a huge early game advantage since the hawks hit super hard, and usually it's right around the time the first Annihilator is coming up. That means my bar stool flailing fucking HURTS fools!

Massive Air seems useless to me for a Veteran. Sure, At 'Em Bomb is a waste also, but I don't have any other products besides...like...Critical Armor to use. Leg Up, on the other hand, comes in useful because the health gain scales...and you are a tank, so getting health back at any point to survive longer by soaking up damage because that's your job is always useful. However, the more important part is armor gain. Seriously, I don't understand how something like Leg Up would be a BAD idea on a tank. It doesn't really matter much for late game, but in early laning phase, that shit would be FAN-TAS-TIC! Honestly, though, I'm debating on just using something like Hot Hands for it. The fire from the grapples would definitely be nice (especially since you have three of the fuckers). However, I also wonder if something like Asbestos would be better. I mean, again, you are a tank. You are about surviving as long as possible while dishing out whatever damage you can. Not having a Hot Hands Assassin blasting through your ass as bad seems pretty damn good, and that Hot Hands product buffs up pretty damn hard with its scale.

Also, an early Jackbot is...yet again...just feeding them a ton of buffs and money. For the same price as a Jackbot, which is a mindless walking buff for the enemy team that can be grappled to death super easy, you can instead call out a two Bouncers, two Blackjacks, and two of the $500 at the main base (I have no clue what those things are called). Many of these are highly damaging to pros, especially since Gorillas will hunt down pros on its own. They also drop nothing when you kill them other than experience, which means you aren't feeding the other team a ton of shit they shouldn't have early. It's actually one of the main reasons that Jackbots auto-spawn after 25 minutes, as a way to speed the match up by getting people super fed or super fucked. However, with this week's update, they have dropped their spawn rate from every 30 seconds to 60 seconds (if I recall the patch notes correctly), which means that matches will possibly be going either longer than they did before or people will be able to get far more outleveled far easier if they are already dominating a match.

That's the biggest problem I have with this game: you can get outleveled very easily very quickly with the right team comp and you will NEVER bounce back. It's an issue that they've almost completely resolved in League of Legends, giving a team who has skill but lacks any early game advantage in terms of champ selection a chance to get their second wind in mid and late game. With SMNC, however, you will get four levels above someone and just fucking CRUSH an entire enemy team without having to try at all, and that's just a little disheartening because you know that you still have a solid five to ten minutes before the end of the match. It creates this strong level of negativity throughout the whole team and generally makes the game far more unpleasant to play. Then again, MOBA games aren't about enjoyment, right?

@Demoskinos said:

@Syndrom: Beth does do tons of damage and the rockets have huge splash but guys like Veteran and Wascot can make her life a living hell. Her rocket launcher is useless up close and her alt weapon is garbage and she doesn't have that great of health. I main beth and Wascot is my worst nightmare a large portion of the time.

If Beth is up close, she ain't using her alt weapon. *hold Q forever*

How is Wascot a problem for you? Beth has one of the hardest movement speed steroids in the game plus a ton of mobility. Moreover, I don't believe she can be grappled through her Q, and you should probably grab Health Inverter for her ASAP because her burst damage is fucking massive. Seriously, Beth wrecks shit hard because she can sit back from a mile away and beat you with a magazine of rockets.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Why are pros so expensive? Gunner's not on rotation any more :( 4500 coins seems a bit excessive, I only have 2000 after maybe 18 matches.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Syndrom

@owack6 said:

No Caption Provided

@Syndrom said:

Why would you leave a game that's the worst!!!

I honestly don't know when i did that, anyway i think it was because of a dc, cause i never leave games unless i get dc'd.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Syndrom

god combat girl is so my main squeeze right now, getting more kills than the assault classes on my teams haha

returnofjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By returnofjake

@jakob187 said:

@returnofjake said:

Product talk...

You play a Vet completely differently me, I can't comment on products for tanking. I play as an initiator, not to take damage. Leg Up, however, is not a good product. Overarmor, health inverter and death dogder would all be better than a product that runs out.

Jackbots...

If a team is heavily pushing one lane, a backdoor Jackbot can ruin them, especially on Spunky & Gorge. If they're heavy on the anni, getting a Jackbot may well split them up and cause chaos for long enough to turn the game. If you're about to get the moneyball down, a Jackbot can make sure it happens.

Moreover, I don't believe she can be grappled through her Q...

You can.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By musubi
    @jakob187 No she CAN be grappled out of her spin attack. Wascot is a problem because again my options pretty much degrade to retreat or die. Its not like I dont know what I'm doing either as I've had 19-0 matches. But when a grappler gets in her face I usually hit the "E" skill and retreat.
    returnofjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By returnofjake

@Demoskinos: With wascots, if you can, do a rocket jump first, then STM out of there. Also, if you see him coming towards you head on, throw a disk and then you can get away.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By DoctorWelch

Are there actually a lot of people playing this?

returnofjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By returnofjake

@DoctorWelch: Enough to always get a match in a couple minutes :)

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jakob187

I haven't played a ton of Megabeth, so I just don't know how to use her that well. I should probably get on that. The few times I have played her, I did terribly. It's good to know she can be grappled while she Q's. I'll murder that bitch hard from now on.

@GunslingerPanda said:

Why are pros so expensive? Gunner's not on rotation any more :( 4500 coins seems a bit excessive, I only have 2000 after maybe 18 matches.

4500 isn't expensive. From what I can tell, most of the coin prices are comparable to something like League of Legends. New champs on League usually cost about 6300 IP, and you usually get about 100 IP a round (if you are lucky). My only complaint about champ pricing on SMNC is the 9000 coin stuff. That's a bit fucking ridiculous. 7000 might be a bit more reasonable. I'm sure they are still trying to figure all that stuff out and we'll see solid pricing schemes within the next couple of months.

Has anyone tried the new Combat Training mode they just put in? I'm glad they finally put it in, as the Training mode they had...where you had to wait for other people to join up...was kind of bunk. However, I'm wondering just how good the AI in Combat Training (or whatever it's called) is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.