Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Platform »

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System was the second home console released by Nintendo.

Where best to get SNES games?

ASpaceSeaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ASpaceSeaman

I have a problem. I have a great condition SNES but only have Super Mario World. I wanna buy all the essentials for the system (A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Street Fighter II Turbo, etc.) but online everything is extremely overpriced, even ebay. Now I live in a pretty small town so finding a garage sale to pick up a huge crate of games is pretty difficult. Any advice?

Edit: Or better yet, anyone willing to sell?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

eBay is not expensive if your going for just carts.

I just looked and found great games for £10.

ASpaceSeaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By ASpaceSeaman

@Hizang: I don't really wanna buy individual games though. The problem with eBay is that you get charged an arm and leg for shipping. I guess I just wanna be able to buy in bulk.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang

@5socks5: Well if you find paying £5 per game expensive then well, this really is not the console you should get some games for.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Try looking at any pawn shops, garage sales, flee markets, and thrift stores. Often enough you can find some SNES games at reasonable prices.

WEGGLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By WEGGLES

Pawn shops are great for common games, looking out at garage sales is where you might come across someone who doesn't realize Earthbound is worth a tich more than $5

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By mariokart64fan

i use pawn shops , or local small business classic game stores who may also sell movies /vhs etc , try looking for these types of things ebay amazon are last resort , as is yard sales, cause everytime i go to yard sales here hardly any one sells games and when they do its usually somthing i already own lol ,

and thrift stores if you live in a small town the smaller chance it is to get them there, but i'd give it a shot you never know try driving to the nearest city, !

thats my best advice ,

i found all but 28 snes games that i own from pawn shops and i own 180+ only got 7 from ebay-with the system that i replaced a snes with , and 20 from an eb games back in 03-04 as far as them they dont exist no more and they dont sell snes stuff any more in fact the oldest they got now is ps2 , which if you like older games that would not work out to well ,

where i live the nearest pawn is 24 miles away and they sell all their nes snes genesis sms 2600 games for 3 bucks and some change unless its a big name title they go for 15 at most ,

then n64 ps1 dc sat gb gbc =5 dollars

gba ds 3ds psp ps2 xbox gc wii ps3 360 games are 8 bucks and change ,unless its a newer release they go up to 35 bucks or more even ,

if its in as is condition/scratched , it would be 2-4 bucks ,, and usually theres somthing wrong with the game so thats just a tip on how the pawn over here works , i dont know about your place but mine is definatelly a good deal , movies at 4-10 bucks cds 3 bucks tapes /vhs 50. cents 25 w/o sleave ,

so ya , go look at pawns thrifts and flea markets then yard sales then ebay amazon

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.