The Balmar War (Super Robot Wars Alpha
) has ended, however, in the final battle, the Exelion was destroyed, resulting in a gigantic shockwave that now threatens to obliterate the space colonies and ravage the Earth. A plan is devised to protect the Earth Sphere; the "Aegis System," powered by Londo Bell's various Super Robots, would project a barrier covering the Earth and the colonies, deflecting the shockwave. However, the Titans, who had risen to power and ultimately took control of the Earth Federation, had different plans: Londo Bell and the SDF teams would be disbanded, the Macross itself would be seized, and once the plans for the Aegis System were almost complete, the Titans would attack various laboratories in Asia in hopes of capturing the Super Robots so that they can operate the Aegis System themselves.
The Preventers are a group of ex-Londo Bell personell who are resisting the Titans' aggression. They are successful in rescuing many of the Super Robots, but a fateful encounter causes them to be thrown into the future, a future where the Aegis Plan failed and the Earth was nearly destroyed as a result. They must now find a way to return home and ensure that the Aegis Plan succeeds.
A list of the anime series which are featured in the game. Series that premiered in the Super Robot Wars series in this game are marked with "(new)
- Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
- Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
- Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
- New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
- After War Gundam X (new)
- Turn A Gundam (new)
- Mazinger Z
- Mazinkaiser (Banpresto Original version)
- Great Mazinger
- Getter Robo G
- Shin Getter Robo (manga version)
- Super Electromagnetic Robot Combattler V
- Super Electromagnetic Machine Voltes V
- Brave Raideen
- Invincible Steel Man Daitarn 3
- Galactic Cyclone Braiger (new)
- Combat Mecha Xabungle (new)
- Super Dimensional Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?
- Macross Plus
- Super Beast Machine God Dancougar
- Banpresto Originals (original characters made for the game)
- Masoukishin - Lord of Elemental (Banpresto Original storyline)
- SRX (Banpresto Original storyline)
New FeaturesSimultaneous Weapon Upgrades.
All weapons are upgraded at the same rate, instead of upgrading individual weapons.Bazaar.
A shop that allows you to buy mass-produced units for player use. Returns in Super Robot Wars Z
The game shows whether or not the moon is out during stages. This feature is included exclusively for Gundam X
and Gundam DX
, who can only use their signature (Twin) Sattelite Cannon attack when the moon is out. The system is not used in Super Robot Wars R, but will return in Super Robot Wars Z